Jets Draft Not Good Pats Much Better

GREENSMACKS

ok kellen was decent put we can't score, we have a aging QB and 2 possesion wrs that dont get many posessions. we have not address any of these needs. look at the pats they get a great wr and RB this is what we are going to have to contend with. so what do we do from here?

ok kellen was decent put we can't score, we have a aging QB and 2 possesion wrs that dont get many posessions. we have not address any of these needs. look at the pats they get a great wr and RB this is what we are going to have to contend with. so what do we do from here?

bowl them over with our O-line and not allow sacks and open up holes so we can actually run the ball futher than 1-2 yards at a pop

Another one!! Are you friggin serious!! WThe Pats are drafting flashy players because they already have an solid OL to give them time to make plays.

For Christ sakes we could have drafted R Bush, C Jackson, and V Davis and they would have done NOTHING to help us score points next year with the line we had. You and PeterNorth seem to think Rome was built in a day.

bowl them over with our O-line and not allow sacks and open up holes so we can actually run the ball futher than 1-2 yards at a pop

What O line? Ferguson is a freakin' pass blocking LT then you have Adrian Jones who is a whole lot of the same. Better get a qb because passing is all that O line is good for.

Another one!! Are you friggin serious!! WThe Pats are drafting flashy players because they already have an solid OL to give them time to make plays.

For Christ sakes we could have drafted R Bush, C Jackson, and V Davis and they would have done NOTHING to help us score points next year with the line we had. You and PeterNorth seem to think Rome was built in a day.

the worst thing of all i sat by vernon davis brother and he signed a fb for me he really wanted to be a jet dammit

Exactly Boozer.

The Pats while aging at some positions have a solid foundation on their lines which is where it all begins.

The Pats were able to address skill position needs with great 1st and 2nd rd picks because they didn't need to address either of their lines.

We did the smart thing and built the OL. The 3rd rd was questionable at best.

Matt Light (HOF lock) > DBrickashaw Ferguson :eek:

I never called Matt Light a HOF lock and you know it. I'm not comparing player to player here, I'm comparing the O line as a whole. You guys have two finesse rookies, a decent veteran guard at the end of the road and a couple journeymen. Now all of the sudden the Jets O line is one of their strengths? :confused:

I never called Matt Light a HOF lock and you know it. I'm not comparing player to player here, I'm comparing the O line as a whole. You guys have two finesse rookies, a decent veteran guard at the end of the road and a couple journeymen. Now all of the sudden the Jets O line is one of their strengths? :confused:

No not immediately upon arrival will these guys make the Jets line its stregnth but give them a season to develope and I think it certainly will be.

It's foolish for ne one to grade a draft the same day that it happens. I understand people want to look at them and the critics like to disect everything but We don't know if D'Brick is a slam dunk until he suits up and plays.

You never know with the draft its an imperfect science but I like the direction that we attempted to go in and I think picking up a 2nd rounder next year was huge although I was rooting for us to grab Chad Jackson... Wouldn't be so upset if I didn't have to watch him line up against us now.

Jeez the Pats don't have as many holes as us. The Jets are doing the smart thing in this draft - you build a house on the foundation and in football the o-line is the foundation

Exactly. When you're the SB champs you can throw a few picks away like the Steelers did to get the WR they wanted. When you're rebuilding from the foundation, getting "sexy" picks may sell papers, but doesnt build a winning football team.

Archived