Something I just thought about... Robert Gallery

BigJermaineFromQnz

D'Brick could equal Robert Gallery. No one is saying that he will be Orlando Pace. Meanwhile, the Pats got A LOT more skilled today.

The Jets are going to be bad for quite awhile. Luckily, Buffalo is still in the division or we would be last for the next 5 years.

good to know im not the only one with their jet googles OFF. this day was horrendous

You do remember who our left tackle would have been if we didn't draft Ferguson don't you? Anthony Clement. And sure, we could have taken one later. The next OT wasn't picked until #39, with 35 teams passing on an OT. I wonder if that's because Ferguson is a lot better than those other guys.

D'Brick could equal Robert Gallery. No one is saying that he will be Orlando Pace. Meanwhile, the Pats got A LOT more skilled today.

The Jets are going to be bad for quite awhile. Luckily, Buffalo is still in the division or we would be last for the next 5 years.

Yes, COULD BE. That doesn't mean WILL BE. And Ryan Leaf COULD have been better than Peyton Manning, but he WASN'T. I am sick of everyone saying "In 5 years..." You know what, why don't you wait until 5 years have passed so you actually have some proof? I don't mean to single you out, but I am getting really irked with this. It's like you people have these crystal balls, and have never made a bad prediction before. I'm not a psychic, I don't commit to COULD haves. I also COULD win the lottery tomorrow you know, doesn't mean I'm going to quit my day job until I get the results.

Yes, COULD BE. That doesn't mean WILL BE. And Ryan Leaf COULD have been better than Peyton Manning, but he WASN'T. I am sick of everyone saying "In 5 years..." You know what, why don't you wait until 5 years have passed so you actually have some proof? I don't mean to single you out, but I am getting really irked with this. It's like you people have these crystal balls, and have never made a bad prediction before. I'm not a psychic, I don't commit to COULD haves. I also COULD win the lottery tomorrow you know, doesn't mean I'm going to quit my day job until I get the results.

Go right ahead and single me out. Not everyone on this board is drinking the Tangini kool-aid. I take no offense. I have been called names before. I just think that the Jets are very weak on skill players, and when you suck and get high draft picks as a result, you should take advantage. They decided not to. Instead, they spent high picks on OL's. We'll see what happens. With Mawae gone, they still don't have any real good run blockers. They are going to a 3-4 without a nose tackle. They have an aging RB and nothing special at TE or WR. They passed over very highly regarded prospects in these areas all day. I hope it works out. I am not confident.

They are going to a 3-4 without a nose tackle. They have an aging RB and nothing special at TE or WR. They passed over very highly regarded prospects in these areas all day. I hope it works out. I am not confident.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I like Brick, but adding a Vernon Davis like player gives this offense a dimension that it simply doesn't have now. I would have kept Jones on the left side, drafted Mangold at #29, Kelley Clemens with our second rounder, and picked a couple of right tackles in the third round. That's just me, though.

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the draft, but it's certainly not terrible. Time shall tell.

Go right ahead and single me out. Not everyone on this board is drinking the Tangini kool-aid. I take no offense. I have been called names before. I just think that the Jets are very weak on skill players, and when you suck and get high draft picks as a result, you should take advantage. They decided not to. Instead, they spent high picks on OL's. We'll see what happens. With Mawae gone, they still don't have any real good run blockers. They are going to a 3-4 without a nose tackle. They have an aging RB and nothing special at TE or WR. They passed over very highly regarded prospects in these areas all day. I hope it works out. I am not confident.

For weeks now I've been saying that you don't spend high 1st round draft picks on offensive linemen.

Not that I don't value the O-Line. Controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball is the first step to winning football games.

However, you don't need "franchise linemen" to win in the NFL.

The problem that I have with taking offensive linemen so high is that there are alot more of them, which is why you don't typically see them go that high. Look at this years draft. How many offensive linemen went in the 1st round? Three. And we took two of them.

A top 5 pick should be used to take a playmaker on either offense or defense. A Quarterback, a running back, a beast linebacker or defensive end.

I'm sick of these people that talk about how you build a team around a left tackle. It's absolute nonsense. Pace, Ogden, Boselli, Munoz, Jones, etc... How many Super Bowls have they won? I'll tell you. None.

The Rams won a Super Bowl because they were the fastest offensive team in the history of the sport, and they had great players at the skill positions, not because of Orlando Pace.

The year the Ravens won, they won because their defense carried them the entire year. Their offense was terrible, even with a "bigtime" left tackle.

Anthony Munoz never even won a single championship and Boselli's teams never even got to the big game once.

Winning, dynastic, franchises are built around the quarterback and the skill positions, folks.

The 49ers were a dynasty because of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. Does anybody here even remember who their left tackle was all the years they were winning championships?

How 'bout Terry Bradshaw's Steelers?

Tom Brady's Patriots.

I suppose it was the left tackle that carried Aikman, Emmit and Michael Irvin to all those Super Bowls.

Who played left tackle for the Broncos when Elway was the quarterback in 5 Super Bowl appearances. Probably 3 or 4 different guys.

As a collective unit, a good offensive line is vital to a successful team, no question. But you can be successful for years with studs at the skill positions and an offensive line that is built through the later rounds of the draft and free agency. It's been proven time and time again.

With 3 picks in the top 35, we had a great opportunity to retool at some of the important skill positions and get impact playmakers that can help us for years to come and we passed it up.

I think we missed the boat in 2006.

I hope I'm wrong.

Archived