Jets tried to trade for Julius Jones?

RSJ

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/413463p-349586c.html

Get passer in second

The Jets drafted a potential quarterback of the future yesterday, Oregon's Kellen Clemens in Round 2, and they also explored the possibility of trading for Curtis Martin's heir apparent.

Before the draft, the Jets talked to the Cowboys about acquiring running back Julius Jones, who has rushed for 1,812 yards in two injury-plagued seasons. If the Cowboys had drafted a runner, it would've made Jones expendable. Talks appear dead.

The Jets didn't take a running back with any of their five picks.

Clemens is only 6-1-1/2 and he doesn't have a big arm, but "the guy has outstanding, outstanding intangibles," GM Mike Tannenbaum said.

"Them passing on (Matt) Leinart left the door open for me," Clemens said. He completed 64% of his passes last season, with 19 touchdown passes and only four interceptions. He missed the last two months of the season with a broken ankle.

Interesting.......

Wow. That would've been awesome.

But what were we going to have to give up for him? 29?

Good question. I wonder if this is how they will fill the need for RB. I would not mind seeing his brother Thomas on the team as well.

I would have loved seeing J Jones on the Jets.

Good question. I wonder if this is how they will fill the need for RB. I would not mind seeing his brother Thomas on the team as well.

I would have loved seeing J Jones on the Jets.

Hey it's not over yet. Maybe they can still work out a deal.:Typotux:

Julius Jones here would just be insane though, really. With the OLine really improved and a young solid big guy to run behind it...woooo.

Hey we have 2nd's for next years draft, give them both for Jones! But keep our 1st.

Archived