The FIRST PLACE Yankees roll into Boston

madmike1

Just FYI, Wakefield's ERA: 3.90 Wakefield's Quality Starts: 3 Wakefield's Run Support: 2.0 runs per game ... Wang's ERA: 4.80 Wang's Quality Starts: 2 Wang's Runs Support: almost 6 runs per game...

I figured if you were going to be talking garbage Mad Mike, you may as well spew something that is actually true.

Wakefield>>> Wang... period.

It's called "Clutch Play"... something the overpaid "businesslike" Yankee players lack.

I've noticed you talk a lot of **** for a guy who's team got rocked in the 2000WS by the Yanks and you haven't even come close to sniffing one since.

I wonder what baseball team markets the most team apparel? :Nuts:

So I guess Derek Jeter should be called "Captain Myth" then, right Yankee fans? Or does he not apply to this rule?

I never said jeter was any more clutch then anyone else. He's just a hell of a good player and his numbers prove that out.

Just FYI, Wakefield's ERA: 3.90 Wakefield's Quality Starts: 3 Wakefield's Run Support: 2.0 runs per game ... Wang's ERA: 4.80 Wang's Quality Starts: 2 Wang's Runs Support: almost 6 runs per game...

I figured if you were going to be talking garbage Mad Mike, you may as well spew something that is actually true.

Wakefield>>> Wang... period.

Wakefield is a 40 year old who's knulckeball act is a fossel in this era and Wang is a 25 year old who throws 96 with movement. Comparing them is a joke. I didn't realize that wakefield's ERA was only 3.90 because every time i look at one of his starts boston is getting blown out. But considering his ERA WHIP and OBA has gone about the same hte past few years aka 4.40 1.30 and 260 i thought his numbers were around there. Though thats pretty good considering boston's other back of the rotation starters...

Should be good. The Yankees are getting it together a bit, and teh Bosox are struggling. >258 team BA? Not Boston-like.

P.S. Damon gets booed big time.

P.S. - Mike Myers does not get booed at all.;)

Should be fun...

A little early to declare the AL East title huh?

As much as Skank fans bitch at us for claiming the title to early?

Garb

I hope you are right

From Si.com:

Doug Mirabelli, who during his tenure in Boston was Tim Wakefield's personal catcher, was traded back to the Red Sox on Monday in exchange for the replacement who hasn't been able to handle the knuckleballer this year.

A baseball official familiar with the deal, speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been announced, said the Padres would get backup catcher Josh Bard, minor-league reliever Cla Meredith and either cash or another player. Mirabelli was expected back in Boston in time for Wakefield's start against the New York Yankees on Monday night.

:lol: It's kind of funny, really. Yo - Theo! How 'bout getting Arroyo back...oh, and while you are at it, can you check to see if Orlando Carbrera could be had? :lol:

First boston gets loretta for a backup catcher then they want that back up back and they get him back for nothing LOL Boston must have pretty bad pictures of Towers...

Bard is serviceable, just not as Wake's catcher. And Cla Meredith definitely has a future in this league as a reliever. Oh and money in the 6 digits will alleviate anything else.

WOW! JonEJinx hasnt even posted on this thread and it was still a Tankee jinx!

Sure, there are racist @ssholes a plenty on this thread so maybe it was just bad karma for the Tankees.

Unless JonE has been posting under an alias? Anyone ever seen Matt39 and JonE in the same room?

Archived