3rd round: You make the two picks

Preston Howley III

OK, there was alot of controversy over what Tangini did with the two 3rd round picks. What I'd like to do, we all pick two players in this thread, and then during the season, I'll bump this thread back so we can revisit it and see how we all did in comparison to Tangini.

I'll start:

WR Maurice Stovall

DE Ray Edwards

Gocong

Clemens

Clemens never would have been there in RD 3 ... no chance ... he was the next QB off the board ... lotta teams liked him ... in fact, the cat who was monitoring KC for ESPN said the Chiefs were ready to snatch him in RD 2, so the Jets were smart to trade up and leap KC

I would have stayed at 71, taken Chris Gocong, then taken Max Jean Gillies or Gabe Watson at 97

But I have to admit, when I watch highlights of Anthony Schlegel, and I have since yesterday, I can see why some teams might have Graded him as a 3 ... that kid is Good .. and big ... and nasty ... and plays faster than he clocks ... so I might have been a little unfair with my initial impression

let's put it this way, he's no Victor Hobson ... he's a better player ... don't be fooled by his forty time

Clemens never would have been there in RD 3 ... no chance ... he was the next QB off the board ... lotta teams liked him ... in fact, the cat who was monitoring KC for ESPN said the Chiefs were ready to snatch him in RD 2, so the Jets were smart to trade up and leap KC

I would have stayed at 71, taken Chris Gocong, then taken Max Jean Gillies or Gabe Watson at 97

But I have to admit, when I watch highlights of Anthony Schlegel, and I have since yesterday, I can see why some teams might have Graded him as a 3 ... that kid is Good .. and big ... and nasty ... and plays faster than he clocks ... so I might have been a little unfair with my initial impression

let's put it this way, he's no Victor Hobson ... he's a better player ... don't be fooled by his forty time

You're absolutely correct about Clemens Ham.

I was thinking pick #3 and #4 rather than the two 3rd rders.(Long w/end)

I am happy with the Clemens pick by Mangini.

Archived