Schlegel is better than AJ HAWK

Shadetree

Of course he isn't better than AJ HAWK, but I took the time to post this on another thread, and got no feedback, so screw you's all, I just wanted to get your attention..... Our LB situation has me totally confused. What's the staff's plans? Your guess is as good as mine. Here's my earlier post............

I just checked out the video Yahoo! has on him because I really haven't seen much, if anything. I liked what I saw, of course.

First impressions? Big. A big ILB, for sure. 250 lbs, and could probably add 5-8 lbs on his legs. From the video I saw, his between the tackle tackling looked too much like a lean...not alot of bending at the hips. I wonder if lower body strength is below average?

Although I had issues with some technique and 'explosive' tackling, he seems like a fairly sure tackler. He did show acceleration to the ball carrier, if not through the ball carrier.

His smarts showed up in the IOWA footage. He seemed like he knew the play before the snap on many plays.

I'll take Yahoo! footage for what it's worth. Alot of repeats(which I liked, for different angles) and a bunch of easy sacks. Having footage of an entire game is much more valuable, of course.

I did like what I saw, though. The LB situation has me really puzzled. I'm hoping the staff surprises us pleasantly in that regard.

lots of linebackers rotating in and out...

fresh legs..

good idea..

one goes down we got another one to fill in...

we really are becoming the pats!

A rotation seems fine and a probable...but we won't be rotating all the names I've seen at LB so far. Who, and where, are the primary players lining up?

The combinations are endless.

I feel so ripped off. Just like when I get emails that say: Click here to meet horny girls in your hometown.

I click, I opened this thread. My life is one disappointment after another!

I feel so ripped off. Just like when I get emails that say: Click here to meet horny girls in your hometown.

I click, I opened this thread. My life is one disappointment after another!

I don't know of another way of getting people to listen to me, Max....sorry.

Look at it this way, Schlegel will live in NYC or a NY suburb, and Hawk will live in Wisconsin. F$%*in' Wisconsin!

Hence, Schlegel is better.

I don't know of another way of getting people to listen to me, Max....sorry.

Look at it this way, Schlegel will live in NYC or a NY suburb, and Hawk will live in Wisconsin. F$%*in' Wisconsin!

Hence, Schlegel is better.

I think he will probably live in New Jersey actually.

, but I took the time to post this on another thread, and got no feedback, so screw you's all, I just wanted to get your attention..... .

hahah, love it,,,misdirection,,misleading, deception,,all character traits that are to be admired

schlegel is a f--kin beast in his own right

we should get aj hawk and schlegel in a dark alley and see who is more of a f--kin beast

Tell ya what, bit, he is pretty damn big. 250 lbs and could probably add more(not sure if that's a good idea, but he could).

Care to offer your opinion on our LB lineup this year?

Care to offer your opinion on our LB lineup this year?

people are underestimating existing talent - obviously Vilma but who remembers how dominating Barton can be or how fast McClover is off the edge? Schlegel isn't a playmaker but he's the guy that runs into a guard so that the other guys can make plays. Bryan Thomas as 3-4 OLB is a very underrated move that could pay dividends- beyond that the new guys like Kassell and Chatham, plus interesting vets like Hobson (who could make a great ILB), Myers etc - i think the corp is gonna be rock solid.

I mean alot of Jets fans are singing the blues because the Eagles tricked them out of Cocong - a DE convert project from Cal_poly when they got instead a true linebacker from THE ohio state university who is smart enough to play right away.

I think maybe Cocong was the smokescreen and Schlegel was the real target.

people are underestimating existing talent - obviously Vilma but who remembers how dominating Barton can be or how fast McClover is off the edge? Schlegel isn't a playmaker but he's the guy that runs into a guard so that the other guys can make plays. Bryan Thomas as 3-4 OLB is a very underrated move that could pay dividends- beyond that the new guys like Kassell and Chatham, plus interesting vets like Hobson (who could make a great ILB), Myers etc - i think the corp is gonna be rock solid.

I mean alot of Jets fans are singing the blues because the Eagles tricked them out of Cocong - a DE convert project from Cal_poly when they got instead a true linebacker from THE ohio state university who is smart enough to play right away.

I think maybe Cocong was the smokescreen and Schlegel was the real target.

I liked the little I saw ofhim on TV and some film this year. Not gifted physically, but seemed to make all the plays. If he turns into someone like Gary Reasons, I would be thrilled.

If were lucky, he will become Ted Johnson for us, and thats with a good amount of luck IMO

eLOT

Coaching, coaching and more coaching. There are a ton of middle to late round jewels that only need solid coaching to succeed, IMO. Here's hoping the Mangini staff does their job well.

Archived