2004 wasn't that long ago...

NIGHT STALKER

All of the big plays in that video had at least one of the following:

- Against some of the weakest teams in the NFL (Cin wk 1, Mia, SF, SD wk 2, Ari)

- Players that are no longer with the team (D.Abe, J.Abe, Moss, Q.Carter, J.Carter, Brien)

- Players who, through age or injury, are not the same anymore (Chad, Martin)

- Enabled by others who aren't here anymore (Mawae, McKenzie, Ferguson)

The 2004 Jets, as much as I rooted for every win, were an overrated team. During the regular season we only beat mediocre and/or outright horrible teams. The only teams we beat with .500 or winning records were the 0-0 Bengals in Palmer's first NFL start (they'd start out 1-4), the then-still-lousy 1-0 Chargers (who benched Drew Brees late in the game & would start 1-2 before their own cake-schedule kicked in), and the 7-6 Seahawks (whose most impressive victory at that point was against the 8-8 Vikings). All of our other wins came against teams with then-losing records (Mia, Buf, SF, Mia, Cle, Ari, Hou). Even a few of our losses were against mediocre teams (Buf, Bal, StL).

Even a Jets fan should realize we were a paper tiger in 2004.

- Against some of the weakest teams in the NFL (Cin wk 1, Mia, SF, SD wk 2, Ari)

- Players that are no longer with the team (D.Abe, J.Abe, Moss, Q.Carter, J.Carter, Brien)

The 2004 Jets, as much as I rooted for every win, were an overrated team. During the regular season we only beat mediocre and/or outright horrible teams. The only teams we beat with .500 or winning records were the 0-0 Bengals in Palmer's first NFL start (they'd start out 1-4), the then-still-lousy 1-0 Chargers (who benched Drew Brees late in the game & would start 1-2 before their own cake-schedule kicked in), and the 7-6 Seahawks (whose most impressive victory at that point was against the 8-8 Vikings). All of our other wins came against teams with then-losing records (Mia, Buf, SF, Mia, Cle, Ari, Hou). Even a few of our losses were against mediocre teams (Buf, Bal, StL).

Yeah but spermy I'm in my 46th year of being a Jet fan and you

can count on one hand the real good years. Paper tiger? I

didn't care if they stuck pins in voodoo dolls I take whatever I

can get at this point.

- ok so we should have a low light reel of our low plays

- Players come and go - Keysahwn is gone we still watch 1998 - Hey Namath is gone and went to the Rams before retiring i bet we all watch Super Bowl III

- Injuries are part of the game

- Rather be a paper tiger in the post season than a beast sitting home watching the games

- ok so we should have a low light reel of our low plays

- Players come and go - Keysahwn is gone we still watch 1998 - Hey Namath is gone and went to the Rams before retiring i bet we all watch Super Bowl III

- Injuries are part of the game

- Rather be a paper tiger in the post season than a beast sitting home watching the games

I couldn't agree more. It's just that it seemed to be insinuated that b/c 2004 was so recent, that we're somehow just about the same team (hence different from a '98 or SBIII highlight film). And also that even if we were basically the same team (which we are not), that as fans we sometimes overestimated the dominance of Edwards' Jets teams.

To be fair, if our HC wasn't such an idiot we may have won more games, against some good competition.

You say that as a joke but it is the reality.

The "reality" of the situation was the Jets went 1-3 down the stretch, backed into the playoffs because the Bills lost to the Steelers 3rd stringers, lucked out again in the Wild Card game when a rookie kicker missed a chip-shot game winning FG and only put 3 offensive points on the board versus the Steelers.

Yea, that sounds like a team that "deserved" to be any near the AFC Championship game.

BTW, if the Jets did advance, the Pats would have beaten them by 30 points.

The "reality" of the situation was the Jets went 1-3 down the stretch, backed into the playoffs because the Bills lost to the Steelers 3rd stringers, lucked out again in the Wild Card game when a rookie kicker missed a chip-shot game winning FG and only put 3 offensive points on the board versus the Steelers.

Yea, that sounds like a team that "deserved" to be any near the AFC Championship game.

I think we would have put up more of an effort than the Steelers did actually.

And the Pats benefited last season from a soft 2nd half schedule and a weak division.

Give it a rest TX.

Funny,but do people realized that that was the yr after the Jets did to the Defense what Tangini is doing to the offense .Also I don't want to hear any crap about John Abraham,because if i remember correctly,that guy didn't play much down the stretch and not at all in the playoffs.

If Chad Pennington is healthy,I expect the Jets to make a run at the playoffs in 2006.This team has a stronger OL,pretty much the same defense with Mangini type player and either Pennington or Ramsey will be at QB.

Maybe we don't make the Playoffs,but i expect us to have a shot late in the yr if Chad is healthy.

Funny,but do people realized that that was the yr after the Jets did to the Defense what Tangini is doing to the offense .Also I don't want to hear any crap about John Abraham,because if i remember correctly,that guy didn't play much down the stretch and not at all in the playoffs.

If Chad Pennington is healthy,I expect the Jets to make a run at the playoffs in 2006.This team has a stronger OL,pretty much the same defense with Mangini type player and either Pennington or Ramsey will be at QB.

Maybe we don't make the Playoffs,but i expect us to have a shot late in the yr if Chad is healthy.

Wow...LOL...here we go! So, do you expect Chad to make a pre 2002 Oakland Raider playoff game recovery or are you hoping that he does?

If Chad Pennington is healthy,I expect the Jets to make a run at the playoffs in 2006.

If PennyBoySissy is healthy and the starting QB, the Jets will win no more than 5 games in 2006.

Will you guys ever get it?

PennyBoy is burnt toast and is not the Jets future.

I still rather back into the playoffs than end my season with a winning streak and not make the playoffs.

Wow...LOL...here we go! So, do you expect Chad to make a pre 2002 Oakland Raider playoff game recovery or are you hoping that he does?

Here's what i know.Chad Pennington when healthy has led the Jets to the playoffs every single time.This same Chad Pennington with his arm falling off made enough plays against the Steelers and the Chargers to almost get the Jets into the AFC Championship game against the Patriots had it not been for a top 10 choke job.

If this Kid is healthy enough to play,then the Jets have a shot at the playoffs,because the OL is much improved.There's nothing wrong with Pat Ramsey's arm or Legs,and the Receivers and RBs are all capable.

The only major lost on Defense is John Abraham,and he wasn't even playing when the Jets made the run in 2004.By all indications if you ask the majorityof Jet fans,Herman Edwards was the weak link on the Jets.If this team could change 6 starters on defense in an off season and make the playoffs,or switch both offensive and defeensive schemes with 2 coordinators the fan base couldn't wait to run out of town and make the playoffs,with that weak link,then i expect the same from the person chosen to replace him.

If Chad Pennington is healthy enough to play,then i expect the Jets to challenge for a playoff spot.

If Chad Pennington is healthy enough to play,then i expect the Jets to challenge for a playoff spot.

Dude, get into the real world.

PennyBoySissy is toast.

Let go of his jockstrap and move on.

He wasn't that good to begin with.

Dude, get into the real world.

PennyBoySissy is toast.

Let go of his jockstrap and move on.

He wasn't that good to begin with.

I agree with Tx on this one. It's Patrick Ramsey or BUST for the Jets in '06. Don't know how to feel about that just yet.

Archived