Jeter is the BEST Shortstop in baseball

Barton

And you're just being a blind Yankee ball washer.

Amen.

There is NO other Yankee fan on this site that will suck Jeter's dick as blindly as you.

Look at your bretheren Smizzy. He may be a Yankee fan, but he is level-head and not delusional like you are, EB.

IS RENTERIA REALLY A BETTER FIELDER THAN JETER??

Renteria's career fielding percentage: .969555555

Averages 19 errors a season

Averages 395 attempts a season

Jeter's career fielding percentage (minimum 270 attempts): .9744444444

Averages 15 errors a season

Averages 391 attempts a season

Face the Facts

Jeters Defense has been underrated his entire career

Renterias defense has been, perhaps....OVERRATED his entire career

:mrgreen::win:

I await the spin of you yankee haters :lol:

You like to use those numbers, yet state that RF and ZF are overrated. You can't have it both ways....

I said RF and ZR are flawed stats

and THEY ARE

When Jeter had very good RF and ZR numbers, was from 1996-2000, and last year in 2004. I believe he was top 5 in ZR and RF in those years. The reason for having a high ZR and RF depends on whether you get enough groundballs going your way. And from 1996-2000 & in 2004 Jeter had PLENTY of groundballs going in his direction, thus is ZR and RF numbers were excellent

But from 2001 - 2003 Jeters ZR and RF numbers were PITIFUL.

How can a SS who had such very good ZR and RF numbers from the previous 4 seasons all of a sudden have a terrible ZR and RF???

2 reasons

1. he was playing injured, but that was not the main reason

2. the main reason why his ZR and RF stats were bad:

HE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE PUTOUTS BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH GROUNDBALLS WENT TO HIM FROM 2001 - 2003. It has to do with what kind of pitching staff you have. The yankees featured strikeout pitchers like Clemens and Mussina, only Pettitte was a true groudball pitcher, and most his ground balls went to the 2nd baseman because of his nasty cutter.

Then last year, the yankees got rid of Clemens (major KO pitcher) and got Paul Quantrill and Kevin Brown AND Jon Lieber. All 3 pitchers are groundball pitchers, so guess what happened?

Jeters ZR and RF numbers went skyrocket compared to that from 2001, 2002 & 2003. WHY? Because of all the groundball pitchers featured on the Yankees pitching staff, Jeter had plenty of groundballs going his way and his ZR and RF numbers were very good.

I rest my case

Not this $hit again..... :roll:

I hate Jeter more then anyone, but the facts remain the same.

Like the arguments about Brady in regards to QBs, Jeter is not the best hitting or fielding shortstop, but in the playoffs I would have trouble wanting anyone else. He gets the job done.

EB - The only reason Jeter got better at fielding is as Randall put it, "he set up deeper to get in better position to field the ball." He finally realized he was too slow to field the ball at normal depth and unless they went to T-Ball stand, he needed to make an adjustment to be average.

Not this $hit again..... :roll:

I hate Jeter more then anyone, but the facts remain the same.

Like the arguments about Brady in regards to QBs, Jeter is not the best hitting or fielding shortstop, but in the playoffs I would have trouble wanting anyone else. He gets the job done.

EB - The only reason Jeter got better at fielding is as Randall put it, "he set up deeper to get in better position to field the ball." He finally realized he was too slow to field the ball at normal depth and unless they went to T-Ball stand, he needed to make an adjustment to be average.

are you saying Jeter is slow? because he steals more bases than micael young and tejada, and averages more per season then renteria (I believe)

maybe you mean instincts?

are you saying Jeter is slow? because he steals more bases than micael young and tejada, and averages more per season then renteria (I believe)

maybe you mean instincts?

Young had 9 triples and Jeter managed 1. Which was obviously a misplayed ball in Yank-me stadium. :wink: Slow reaction and slow instincts.

IS RENTERIA REALLY A BETTER FIELDER THAN JETER??

Face the Facts

Jeters Defense has been underrated his entire career

Renterias defense has been, perhaps....OVERRATED his entire career

:mrgreen::win:

I await the spin of you yankee haters :lol:

COUGH COUGH

With The Glove.....

Jeter > Renteria

You must be making up your own defensive stats :shock:

JETER IS BETTER

If you still deny, I give up, you're hopeless.

You showed me no stats proving any SS in MLB is better than Jeter, we had this arguement on the pages before and I feel comfortable knowing that I proved Jeter is the best all around SS in MLB.

• 5 months later...

In fairness to Renteria,did you see the expression on Jeters face trying to contend with the Fenway infield?

I think that mistake Jeter made on the 1 hopper had more to do with the shadows. Jeter did not see the ball off the bat, and only saw the ball when it was right at him. The fenway infield isnt great, but its not an excuse for Renteria being absolutely horrible at defense this year. Leads the league in errors.

• 7 months later...
Good call, dooshey. Jeter is a MUCH BETTER fielder than Renteria.

owned. now stfu

I stand by my statement that you are absolutely insane.

Does it tickle when Derek's balls rub against your chin?

Archived