My hope for the 2006 season

Tinstar2

Provided Chad Pennington isn't ready to start the season,but has shown enough to warrant keeping him on the team in camp.Should this be the way it breaks down,then i hope that Ramsey is the starter,plays the 1st few weeks,looking decent and keeping the Jets alive with a Quincy Carter type job.Chad takes over after that,shows that he is capable of continuing his NFL career,by making the throws he needs to make and showing the leadership he always displayed.

With the Jets now officially eliminated from the playoffs,Mangini turns the Team over to Clements who plays the last 2 weeks and becomes the QB presence the Team is looking for as it's future Leader.

This will accomplish 2 things that i believe will be critical for the Jets going into the 2007 off season.We will have the choice of choosing between Chad and Ramsey as our Vet backup,and allow us to possibly trade the loser for a 2nd day pick.Decent Backup QBs are so hard to comeby,with teams fighting over the likes of a Joey Harrington.

My hopes:

- We show improvement.

- We are competitive in every single game

- We play like a winning team again

- Everyone gets a shot to show what they can do

- We win the Super Bowl*

BZ

* Have to keep up my Homerism

My 2006 season hopes:

1- I hope I have enough beer stocked in my fridge to get me through it.

2- I hope at no point in time we have to sign Vinny to QB.

3- I hope everyone stays healthy (no torn ACLs/MCLs/etc)

4- I hope we don't run back a kick off for the winning touchdown in the last game of the year, if we have no shot of making the playoffs and end up costing us a higher draft selection.

My 2006 season hopes:

4- I hope we don't run back a kick off for the winning touchdown in the last game of the year, if we have no shot of making the playoffs and end up costing us a higher draft selection.

Unfortunately, this is how a number of Jet fans feel.

That is sad.

Oddly enough, that worked in our favor. We would've ended up picking 3rd instead of 4th (NO's strength of schedule was still lower). Vince Young was not on our radar. We were not going to pony up enough to trade with New Orleans, even from the #3 slot. We would've still drafted Brick & just paid him more.

Heck, I hope we kick ass and win the superbowl. What I think is going to happen is:

1. We will go through alot of growing pains on the o-line

2. The QB slot will be a tryout all year long

3. The def. will keep us in alot of close games

4. We will run a kickoff back and not be able to draft Brady Quinn (which is good since we just drafted a QB in the second round.)

5. We will probably win around 4-6 games.

My hopes for the season:

Bollywood starts

Jets go 16-0

I attend Superbowl game with Nancy Grace, where the Jets win 28-8 and on the scoreboard flashes this "Nancy will you marry me message" and she says yeah and strips naked right then and there.

The Jets will not go 16 and 0

Bollinger will not be on the team

Nancy Grace is your best shot

Unfortunately, this is how a number of Jet fans feel.

That is sad.

I understand the whole "play to win every game" mentality. But what was accomplished by winning that last game, other then dropping in the draft? The Jets are in the NFL to win the Super Bowl. That is the goal. The goal, contrary to popular belief, is not to finish with as good a record as we can. Second place sucks, as does every other place for that matter other than first. This is the pros, nobody is getting a participation trophy, and it's been a long time since this team has seen a trophy. And fact of the matter is the fourth pick overall in the draft sucks when you stunk up the field the enitre year, and had the 3rd overall pick all but locked up. I'm shocked that some of you guys feel like that one win was so vital, when in essence it did nothing to help us reach our goal. In fact, a win like that has a better chance of hindering, then helping us the following year.

Oddly enough, that worked in our favor. We would've ended up picking 3rd instead of 4th (NO's strength of schedule was still lower). Vince Young was not on our radar. We were not going to pony up enough to trade with New Orleans, even from the #3 slot. We would've still drafted Brick & just paid him more.

Yes we would have had the 3rd pick, and would have had an option to possibly trade back to 4 and pick up more picks.

I understand the whole "play to win every game" mentality. But what was accomplished by winning that last game, other then dropping in the draft? The Jets are in the NFL to win the Super Bowl. That is the goal. The goal, contrary to popular belief, is not to finish with as good a record as we can. Second place sucks, as does every other place for that matter other than first. This is the pros, nobody is getting a participation trophy, and it's been a long time since this team has seen a trophy. And fact of the matter is the fourth pick overall in the draft sucks when you stunk up the field the enitre year, and had the 3rd overall pick all but locked up. I'm shocked that some of you guys feel like that one win was so vital, when in essence it did nothing to help us reach our goal. In fact, a win like that has a better chance of hindering, then helping us the following year.

So to you you would lose certain Games in order to get a better Draft Choice which you have no idea will be good or not? And that makes sense to you?:eek:

If anyone in an organization, or player in an organization feels it is ok to give less than an A+ effort, in order to achieve a greater draft status, your organization is sunk.

I don't care how many #1 picks you get, I don't care where in the draft those players are picked, you are sunk.

For a fan to feel that it is ok for your team to lose, well that is just plain sad for me. In the end, if you think you are helping that team by having it pick earlier, that is just plain hog wash.

There is a reason that winning organizations win and continue to win. There is a reason way losing organizations lose and continue to lose.

If you don't feel there is correlation there, well I will disagree. It is imperative that an organization and its fans foster winning.

I am sorry if this dissapoints fans that think the draft is X-Mas, Easter and Thanksgiving all wrapped into one day. But there are 90% more important things in building a team than what position you draft in.

So to you you would lose certain Games in order to get a better Draft Choice which you have no idea will be good or not? And that makes sense to you?:eek:

No, I just don't understand how your all proud and happy that we pulled that game out and won.

If anyone in an organization, or player in an organization feels it is ok to give less than an A+ effort, in order to achieve a greater draft status, your organization is sunk.

I agree, but I didn't see A+ effort last year, did you?

I agree, but I didn't see A+ effort last year, did you?

All in all, I did not see a team that quit in effort last year.

The only hint I saw was during the second half of the Carolina game.

Effort wasn't a primary problem last year-Execution, Management and talent were larger culprits

I'm just asking mind you. What if it's the last game of the season and you're tied with another team for the first pick in the draft...they've already won their game.

Never mind the question...I've already read most of the posts and figured that one out...me? I never want to lose no matter what's at stake. I love competition and beating the snot out of someone even if we're betting quarters.

I'm just asking mind you. What if it's the last game of the season and you're tied with another team for the first pick in the draft...they've already won their game.

Ask Bill Bellichick, Ask Bill Parcells, Ask Bill Walsh, Ask Tom Landry.

Ask them the question. What do you think their answer will be?

Hey Vinny and KJ were the first players picked! Were they worth it??:eek:

My hopes for the season:

Bollywood starts

Jets go 16-0

I attend Superbowl game with Nancy Grace, where the Jets win 28-8 and on the scoreboard flashes this "Nancy will you marry me message" and she says yeah and strips naked right then and there.

:lol: at Fred.

My hopes are that

1. Big Ben throws for 4,000 yards plus 30 TD's, Wins MVP.

2. Hines Ward, Willie Parker and Santonio Holmes each have 1,000 yard seasons.

3. My Steeler D stays in the top 5.

4. WE REPEAT!

:cheers:

Damn Spermy, you don't miss a friggn' thing, do you?;)

My hopes for the season:

Bollywood starts

Jets go 16-0

Nancy to Fred:

"I will never marry anyone who does not have a clue about the game of football".

Sperm Edwards and Scott Dierking in a steel cage for a post off. They battle against Flowtrain and a poster of Flow's choice.

Tx is the ref. Sooth and Max make tons of money from the event.

my hopes for this season:

1. one QB comes in and completes an entire season (for a change)

2. that QB is not named Chad Pennington or Vinny Testaverde

3. we score more offensive touchdowns than defensive or special teams

4. we beat Pats/Fins/Bills at least once each (preferably at home)

5. WE BACKUP INTO PLAYOFFS !!!

Archived