Jermaine's Threads Merged

BigJermaineFromQnz

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cannot believe the way they lost...

that is ridiculous, especially after Delgado smashed another clutch homer.

I hate to see a huge clutch hit like that wasted...

Could have been worse. The Mets could have gone down quietly in the 9th. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. We're still in great shape in the division. Remember, Philly is on a NINE game winning streak, and STILL trails the Mets by 3 games. They won't get streaks like that all year.

Guys your farm system is loaded. Why are you even worried about what they are doing this year? Seriously. You are all set. Give it 10 - 12 years, big things await.

max is right,,

we have a great farm system,,

we are now in a 10-12 year cycle of Met playoff teams and winning more games than yanks,,

for a yankee fan max can sometimes hit on a great point,, baseball is cycles, mets are beginning a 10 year cycle now,,

max is right,,

we have a great farm system,,

we are now in a 10-12 year cycle of Met playoff teams and winning more games than yanks,,

for a yankee fan max can sometimes hit on a great point,, baseball is cycles, mets are beginning a 10 year cycle now,,

yes indeed.

This is why we should not trade Milledge.

I would rather have a very good shot at dominating the next 12 years then taking a stab at one year. It just doesnt work out that way.

Name the Mets starting rotation in 5 years?

Please exclude the Big 3: Izzy, Pulsipher and whoever the 3rd was. LOL. Also David West is not an option. Nor is Ron Darling or Sid Fernandez. If Doc is on parole you can include him as the 5th starter.

yes indeed.

This is why we should not trade Milledge.

I would rather have a very good shot at dominating the next 12 years then taking a stab at one year. It just doesnt work out that way.

A good AL pitcher in the weak hitting NL for a guy who's never played big league game? Plus he's an outfielder, a position that can be much easier replaced that a quality arm.

You make that deal. There's only one team the Mets will have to beat this season to get to the WS, the Cardinals. Zito would be a great addition.

A good AL pitcher in the weak hitting NL for a guy who's never played big league game? Plus he's an outfielder, a position that can be much easier replaced that a quality arm.

You make that deal. There's only one team the Mets will have to beat this season to get to the WS, the Cardinals. Zito would be a great addition.

sure, for Vicky Diaz.

we are not trading Milledge.

Mets fans are not anxious to sip from the same well that poisened the Tankees.

When I was young, impetuous and naive on how baseball teams are built, I always wanted to save "potential stars" and build the "dynasty".

Funny thing happens to all those potential stars-Magadan, Leary, David West, Ochoa, Jeffries, Paul Wilson, Pulsipher, Isringghausen, and on and on and on-Baseball happened to them. Baseball has a way of taking your supposed "minor league superstars" and turning them into mere mortals.

Position players, particularly corner outfielders (Milledge is not going to be moving Beltran), are a dime a dozen in this league. Build up the middle (PITCHING INCLUDED) is how smart teams do it.

The Mets have Pedro, Glavine, Wagner only for a limited time. They must sieze a valuable chip (Milledge) and go for the gusto. Who would want any different from their team?

Smart GM's realize if you have a chance to go to a WS and need pitching to get there, you make a deal. Maybe May is too early, but you have to pull the trigger somewhere. I do not want Steve Trachsel starting game 3 of a 5 game playoff series, tied 1-1 and needing the game. Who knows who even may start Game 4.

The Met untouchables in their farm need to be the Pelfreys and the Humbers. That is where we need to be grooming.

Milledge is a luxury. If teh Mets are in dire need of a corner outfielder, they can find many on teh open market. They are always around and the Mets can overpay. That is teh luxury of having your own Sports Net and now drawing well again.

As much as I would love to, the Mets can't use the payroll card.

We have had one of teh top 3 payrolls in the NL over the past decade, and done squat except for a WS loss.

The Mets are not the KC Royals or Pitt Pirates here. They enjoy advantages that 80% of teh league do not.

While the Mets have done a recent good job of promoting from within and building a foundation that way, they have purchased their team along the way for most positions.

crying poverty?

the mets payroll maxes out at 100 mill... the yankees payroll is twice as much...

shouldnt they be twice as good?

not like 4 games worse or whatever?

Payroll doesnt guarantee anything. It just shows the Yankees have the ability to spend. WHo's to stop them? They're not breaking any rules.

I don't think anyone would tell you the Mets are a bad team. They've hit and pitched well to start the season. They'll eventually hit a wall, everyone does.

Like everyone knows as well, the Mets should be winning games with that team. The NL is awful.

As much as I would love to, the Mets can't use the payroll card.

We have had one of teh top 3 payrolls in the NL over the past decade, and done squat except for a WS loss.

The Mets are not the KC Royals or Pitt Pirates here. They enjoy advantages that 80% of teh league do not.

While the Mets have done a recent good job of promoting from within and building a foundation that way, they have purchased their team along the way for most positions.

your not a real mets fan, dont play yourself :roll:

besides which, if you think the Mets payroll is large, the tankees are TWICE AS MUCH, and still cant win, how sad.

besides which, if you think the Mets payroll is large, the tankees are TWICE AS MUCH, and still cant win, how sad.

Can't win?

You seriously need your head examined. The Mets havent won squat in 20 years.

Jermaine-I have been a Met fan longer than you have been alive.

I won't bother to tell you the lengths that I have gone through just to follow this team and keep up with them when there was not widespread cable, satellite, or internet.

Please, do not tell me or others whether we are real fans of a team or not. You or not judge nor jury.

Being a real fan does not mean to be blind and dumb.

Jermaine-I have been a Met fan longer than you have been alive.

I won't bother to tell you the lengths that I have gone through just to follow this team and keep up with them when there was not widespread cable, satellite, or internet.

Please, do not tell me or others whether we are real fans of a team or not. You or not judge nor jury.

Being a real fan does not mean to be blind and dumb.

I can tell a phony and I will not hesitate to call one out.

what have you won in the last 5 years, since Grime-Brenner took the payroll to Astro-Land?

To be fair, the Yanks had the top payroll in the game when they were winning titles.

The Mets have done the same thing as the Yankees, brough in high priced FA's. It just hasnt worked as well for the Mets.

I can tell a phony and I will not hesitate to call one out.

OK Jermaine, please, tell me what I don't know about the Mets or how I have not followed them.

Tell me how I did not cry as a 10 year old in 1973 because Willy Mays was called out at th eplate and was ravaged old. Tell me how Game 7 was not the biggest dissapointment of my life to that point.

Tell me how I tried to convince myself that the Seaver trade could actually work out for the Mets and that Henderson, Zachary and Flynn would become key players.

Tell me how in the mid to late 70's when teh team was hoorible I listened to every single inning on a staticky WNEW just so hopefully David Kingman would get one more at bat and possibly hit a homerun. That is all we had.

Tell me how in my high school Science class, as a Junior and hearing that the Mets took Darryl Strawberry with their first pick and telling myself-"That is a name I need to remember" and feeling good about my team again and again.

Tell me how I did not stand at the Brewery in State College on an October Saturday and called for a "wild pitch" in Game 6 of the '86 World Series, and have practically the whole bar hugging me, and the band telling everyone "Ken is the happiest man we know".

I can go on and on.

Yeah Jermaine, tell me how I am not a Met fan. And I will tell you that you are not a man.

PERIOD

The Met untouchables in their farm need to be the Pelfreys and the Humbers. That is where we need to be grooming.

Milledge is a luxury. If teh Mets are in dire need of a corner outfielder, they can find many on teh open market. They are always around and the Mets can overpay. That is teh luxury of having your own Sports Net and now drawing well again.

agree SD,, Max was spot on when he said Mets farm system will keep them on top for next 10 years. I was surprised a Yankee fan would admit tha tthe current Mets blended with farm system will keep them on top for at least 10 years,,

but baseball is a cycle, and like max said, Mets have the farm system to keep the current parent team on top for at least 10 years

OK Jermaine, please, tell me what I don't know about the Mets or how I have not followed them.

Tell me how I did not cry as a 10 year old in 1973 because Willy Mays was called out at th eplate and was ravaged old. Tell me how Game 7 was not the biggest dissapointment of my life to that point.

Tell me how I tried to convince myself that the Seaver trade could actually work out for the Mets and that Henderson, Zachary and Flynn would become key players.

Tell me how in the mid to late 70's when teh team was hoorible I listened to every single inning on a staticky WNEW just so hopefully David Kingman would get one more at bat and possibly hit a homerun. That is all we had.

Tell me how in my high school Science class, as a Junior and hearing that the Mets took Darryl Strawberry with their first pick and telling myself-"That is a name I need to remember" and feeling good about my team again and again.

Tell me how I did not stand at the Brewery in State College on an October Saturday and called for a "wild pitch" in Game 6 of the '86 World Series, and have practically the whole bar hugging me, and the band telling everyone "Ken is the happiest man we know".

I can go on and on.

Yeah Jermaine, tell me how I am not a Met fan. And I will tell you that you are not a man.

PERIOD

jermaine, drop it, this guy bleeds blue, you are just alienating a Mets Brother in arms,,

agree SD,, Max was spot on when he said Mets farm system will keep them on top for next 10 years. I was surprised a Yankee fan would admit tha tthe current Mets blended with farm system will keep them on top for at least 10 years,,

but baseball is a cycle, and like max said, Mets have the farm system to keep the current parent team on top for at least 10 years

Some jewels are untouchable and those are pitching jewels. Kazmir should never have been traded-I have never understood that.

Don't deal pitching, and always make sure that you get some kind of pitching back in any trade you do. Even low level.

5 tool outfielders untouchable? Eh, they can be had in the right trade

Archived