Ladies and Gentleman the best hitter in the American League

madmike1

ladies and gentleman one of the most mediocre overpaid teams...

www.yankees.com

Yankee run difenterial in the best division in baseball: +58

Mets run diferential in the worst division in baseball: +35

Yankees losses in the best division in baseball: 12

Mets losses in the worst division in baseball: 11

Giambi's OPS: 1.310

Pujols's OPS: 1.311

Yankees: 19-12 $200M

Mets: 22-11 $100M

It's acctualy closer to 120-200 but don't let facts get in your way. The mets play in the worst division in baseball in the worse league OF COURSE they have a better record. Once again it's extreamly hypocritical for a mets fan to whine about the yankee payroll but you don't seem to care about people taking you seriously. This thread is about how great Giambi is playing if you have somthing to say on that topic by all means say it but if you're just going to recycle the same old yankee bashing take it elsewhere.

Actually its closer to 100-200:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=nym

after you are done with that check out:

www.Owned.com/MadMike1

ESPN.COM is not accurate when it comes to payroll. The best source for that information is www.hardballdollars.com.

Yankee total:$191.90

Met total: $116.77

If you have nothing to say about giambi then go cry like a little girl about the yankee payroll elsewhere.

ESPN.COM is not accurate when it comes to payroll. The best source for that information is www.hardballdollars.com.

If you have nothing to say about giambi then go cry like a little girl about the yankee payroll elsewhere.

I just dont understand what you are so proud of... you have some juiced up slugger getting paid 20 million dollars to put up good numbers...

A-Rod put up great numbers too, last year... how much did that help when the playoffs came?

I just dont understand what you are so proud of... you have some juiced up slugger getting paid 20 million dollars to put up good numbers...

A-Rod put up great numbers too, last year... how much did that help when the playoffs came?

Giambi passes every drug test and as i've said before untill he fails one i believe that right now he's clean. As far as arod last year you have to make the playoffs in order to win there and thats somthing the mets havn't done in 5 years so.

A Met fan crying payroll after the offseason spending spree....that is priceless.

no one is "crying payroll"

the yankees payroll is twice as much at 200M... that is a huge amount of money... a very ridiculous amount of money... most yankee fans can admit this.

they are not winning nearly enough for that amount of money.

have the mets not been winning enough over the years for their amount of payroll? absolutely. But at this point we are definatly playing to at least the level of our money, which also happens to be better ball than the yankees. So i will rub that in :)

the yankees payroll is twice as much at 200M... that is a huge amount of money... a very ridiculous amount of money... most yankee fans can admit this.

have the mets not been winning enough over the years for their amount of payroll? absolutely. But at this point we are definatly playing to at least the level of our money, which also happens to be better ball than the yankees. So i will rub that in :)

the yankees also pay 55 million towards the luxury tax that helps all baseball teams. as for the mets playing better then the yankees thats just not true. only morons like you think that the only thing that matters is your record. the mets and the yankees DON'T play the same schedule.The mets have YET to play a playoff team besides MAYBE the giants.

the yankees also pay 55 million towards the luxury tax that helps all baseball teams. as for the mets playing better then the yankees thats just not true. only morons like you think that the only thing that matters is your record. the mets and the yankees DON'T play the same schedule.The mets have YET to play a playoff team besides MAYBE the giants.

the mets have not played too many good teams so far, but you have to admit that the yankees do not look too good.

they have all that mega-hitting but no pitching. they dont come through in the clutch very often.

Like your own yankees apologist Mike Francessa said today, "This Yankee team is not built for the playoffs... playoffs teams need big hits and big pitches when they count...and the yankees just do not have that"

the mets have not played too many good teams so far, but you have to admit that the yankees do not look too good.

they have all that mega-hitting but no pitching. they dont come through in the clutch very often.

Like your own yankees apologist Mike Francessa said today, "This Yankee team is not built for the playoffs... playoffs teams need big hits and big pitches when they count...and the yankees just do not have that"

Mike Francessa has no idea what he's talking about. You'd be doing yourself a favor to find a better source.

As far as the yankees not looking good they have the best run difenterial in baseball. That means they are the best team in baseball right now sabermetricly.

At least the Yankee payroll gets them to the post-season every year, gets them 1st place in their division every year, and gets them quite a few WS appearances. The Mets? 2000 baby. And then what?

Those are fairly accurate. Actually, I have the Yankees at $193, but it's close enough. ESPN is not even in the right ballpark. Not sure where their numbers come from.

The Mets have had the highest payroll in the NL, or one of the highest, for years now. How has that helped you?:cheers:

I feel kind of bad for Jason Giambi, actually. Lets say this production is legit - and I beleive it is - there will always be the suspicion though. Always. He has a better chance of seeing God than shaking off the suspicions.

MM-Run differential can be entirely false stat. It doesn't carry water.

Given druthers, I would rather have a team that wins games close, rather than a team that periodically explodes, but loses close games.

It is a Hallmark of winning teams, and teams that perform in teh playoffs, that they can win close games.

Please don't use that statistic when measuring which team may be better. It doesn't work for me.

If the Mess played in the major league, they'd be fourth place, at best.

Bob, divisional strength is a cyclical thing, and and I know you know that.

During teh Yankees recent run of a decade, what have the Orioles, Devil Rays and Blue Jays been during that time?

Would you consider them World Class competition?

You can't control the records of the teams you play. All you can control is what you do against them

Another thing about Veriodtek.

Anyone notice his numbers are Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy down too?

Just saying

I see your theory is, "If at first someone does not answer my dumbass post, post another even dumber dumbass post."

Mission complete big boy. I think VeROIDtek would be better, but that maybe that is just me.

And unlike GiambROIDi, Tek does not have some mysterious **cough** illness to deal with. He could still snap out of his early season slump.

When you talk about payroll, the Mets have led the NL for a while and don't have much to show for it in terms of playoff berths and postseason success. They're in NYC-they should spend more money than anyone else.

Let me ask you this-despite the fabulous boobage of Mrs. Lima, why is Jose Lima here? That's the best they could do? A good point of reference-when Lima's spot is taken by an actual real MLB starter, the Mets will be a playoff threat.

When you talk about payroll, the Mets have led the NL for a while and don't have much to show for it in terms of playoff berths and postseason success. They're in NYC-they should spend more money than anyone else.

Let me ask you this-despite the fabulous boobage of Mrs. Lima, why is Jose Lima here? That's the best they could do? A good point of reference-when Lima's spot is taken by an actual real MLB starter, the Mets will be a playoff threat.

Lima is actually serving a Chad Pennington function. The bench was very animated last night. Even Franco cracked a smile.

Bob, divisional strength is a cyclical thing, and and I know you know that.

During teh Yankees recent run of a decade, what have the Orioles, Devil Rays and Blue Jays been during that time?

Would you consider them World Class competition?

You can't control the records of the teams you play. All you can control is what you do against them

All true, but it doesn't change the fact that the Mess play in an inferior league.

I prefer to call them Juice Giambi and Sheffroid. Anyway, the NL is only inferior because it doesn't have a DH and on average the teams in it spend a lot less $$$ than those of the AL. Glad to know those roids are still working out for Juice though.

I prefer to call them Juice Giambi and Sheffroid. Anyway, the NL is only inferior because it doesn't have a DH and on average the teams in it spend a lot less $$$ than those of the AL. Glad to know those roids are still working out for Juice though.

Florida, at $15 million, has a way of dragging down the average payroll in any league..

Even that cheap David Glass spends more, in KC.

A Met fan crying payroll after the offseason spending spree....that is priceless.

Mets payroll barely changed from last season MAX. We just actually signed/traded for players that have helped as opposed to the old GM's.

Back to topic:

Giambi is hitting HR's at a a pace over his last 80 something games that I believe I heard would break Bonds single season total of 73.

He has been locked in this year, that's for sure.

The Mets have had the highest payroll in the NL, or one of the highest, for years now. How has that helped you?:cheers:

You are smarter than that statement mbnoo7.

Being a few mill above your competition or being 80-100 mill above, you tell me which is more a lock for success?

Archived