Who and why

Tinstar2

Alright folks something right up our alley since we all like to play GM to some extent.You are the GM of a football team and you are looking for a head coach.Do you take a no nonsense hard azz my way or the highway type or do you look for a players coach type.

Alright folks something right up our alley since we all like to play GM to some extent.You are the GM of a football team and you are looking for a head coach.Do you take a no nonsense hard azz my way or the highway type or do you look for a players coach type.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tin, I think you know my stance on this and for those that don't. It's like my signature says...Why don't you wake up and die right! Kick 'em in the freaken ass...if they don't like it, go home to momma and send me a man.

Tin, I think you know my stance on this and for those that don't. It's like my signature says...Why don't you wake up and die right! Kick 'em in the freaken ass...if they don't like it, go home to momma and send me a man.

Yea I know your stance on this issue well.What kind of HC would you say Dick Vermil was and what catageory would you place him under..

The Crying Man paid his due's..Hermie Just BBQ's...:D

Savage Leave Hermy outta this.It always goes down the wrong road.

What I'm interested in is finding out what type of Coach Jet fan prefer and if they believe a Players coach can be a task master.

One more thing,do you prefer an Offensive minded HC or a defensive Minded HC.

Savage Leave Hermy outta this.It always goes down the wrong road.

What I'm interested in is finding out what type of Coach Jet fan prefer and if they believe a Players coach can be a task master.

One more thing,do you prefer an Offensive minded HC or a defensive Minded HC.

Well like I posted Sutton has done both! But a mean Defensive Guy is the type I like! Or aloof and not to close to the players like BB! Mangini I really believe is going to be not only good but will take this Team to the Bowl!:cheers:

Well like I posted Sutton has done both! But a mean Defensive Guy is the type I like! Or aloof and not to close to the players like BB! Mangini I really believe is going to be not only good but will take this Team to the Bowl!:cheers:

I wonder what percentage of the board feels this way,and what age groug/generation that percentage fall into.

Me I'm a little younger than most,but still old enough to have a few /well maybe more than a few grey hairs all over my head and face.I prefer a young defensive minded Dick Vermil minus the crying type HC.The kind of HC that will run his players into the ground,then go bring them some water hug them laugh with them and then run them into the ground somemore.

In todays NFL where kids make millions without having proven squat at the pro level,a HC must be a task master,a counselor,a big brother and a Father figure.He's gotta be a cop,a crook and a priest all roll into the same package.

There are instances where you can be like a Bill Belichek,but you better have players like Tom Brady and Teddy Bruschi and the supporting cast of assistants that are knowledegeable and know how to get the most outta their players.

Looking at the coaching staff of the Jets,who would you say is the counselor on the squad.My choice is Jimmy Raye,but he looks more like the Uncle Junior type than someone a young kid would want to go up to and talk about something other than football.

Archived