Jets | Pennington rehab going well

Smizzy

11 May 2006 18:20:47 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) said Thursday, May 11, he's "full go" in his throwing regimen and "throwing every route we have in the playbook." Pennington plans to play at his current weight of 229 pounds, about 10 pounds heavier than before. He said his goal is to be "better than what the old Chad Pennington was" and "as strong as I ever was." Pennington clearly is making an effort in the weight room to build himself up so he doesn't break down again. He's optimistic that he'll be ready for live drills in time for passing camp at the end of the month and full-squad minicamp in mid-June. Pennington knows he has to compete for the starting quarterback job with QB Patrick Ramsey, but he sounds like he will be ready.

:Typotux:

11 May 2006 18:20:47 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) said Thursday, May 11, he's "full go" in his throwing regimen and "throwing every route we have in the playbook." Pennington plans to play at his current weight of 229 pounds, about 10 pounds heavier than before. He said his goal is to be "better than what the old Chad Pennington was" and "as strong as I ever was." Pennington clearly is making an effort in the weight room to build himself up so he doesn't break down again. He's optimistic that he'll be ready for live drills in time for passing camp at the end of the month and full-squad minicamp in mid-June. Pennington knows he has to compete for the starting quarterback job with QB Patrick Ramsey, but he sounds like he will be ready.

there is enough material in this little paragraph to keep Tx going for months... i shudder to think what he is doing when he reads this. :shock: OY! this will give him the same reaction that he gets when he takes one of those little blue pills.... and to quote him, ":eek:"

You know, that's all fine and dandy and I wish him all the best...really I do. But, it's his body makup that has always bothered me. Working out and making yourself stronger? Compared to what? I know guys who workout and are 185 pounds...stronger than guys that weigh 30 pounds more that workout as well.

I just don't think Pennington has the football body of an NFL player...but, I give him credit for trying to put out the flames for the masses that are ready to burn him at the stake.

You know, that's all fine and dandy and I wish him all the best...really I do. But, it's his body makup that has always bothered me. Working out and making yourself stronger? Compared to what? I know guys who workout and are 185 pounds...stronger than guys that weigh 30 pounds more that workout as well.

I just don't think Pennington has the football body of an NFL player...but, I give him credit for trying to put out the flames for the masses that are ready to burn him at the stake.

brady did the same thing....he had a scrawny build to him...worked out big time...now look at him...but he didnt have to deal with a shoulder problem.TWICE..

Chad is telling us to bet on no. 10. My question is why? WHat has he done to show us that he is ready?

However, I hope that he really is. If he is all the way back, in health, then we did resolve teh Q/B situation a lot. And that will make this team much better in 2006, with Chad and an able young gun behind him in Ramsey.

The one thing Chad keeps mentioning in all of these articles is that if it doesn't work out there are 31 other teams out there.

It makes me wonder if he'll press being released or cut if he can't beat out Ramsey.

You know what that would mean, right Fred? Brooks would still a Jet.

I read this article and, although I may be in the minority, two words immediately come to mind:

F U C K YEAH!

Come on Chad, you got me believing more than ever with the extra 10 pounds and the hard work now come out slinging the ball this summer and lets play some football! You nonbelievers better watch your backs! And yes, I am becoming to Chad what Fred Jetstone is to Bollinger so no need to make the remarks!

:yahoo::cheers:

GO CHAD!

Define fine please Bob.

He will be our starting quarterback when the season opens. If the o-line does its job, he will be the starting qb when the season ends. He will lead the team to more wins than losses.

So sayeth Bob

Why? WHY did I click the "go to last post" link on this one?

yeah spermy ... had the feeling you had been there before...again and again, didnt you???

... :lol: Tx's post do that to all of us!

Archived