100 Games - Yankees

Maxman

If the Yankees win today (it is 4 -2 going into the 9th) they are on a pace to win 100 games. Exactly.

Why do I mention this? They have had injuries, they started slow and there has been so much talk of what is wrong. Oh and they are in 1st place.

It is not all bad. Let the hating continue.

If the Yankees win today (it is 4 -2 going into the 9th) they are on a pace to win 100 games. Exactly.

Why do I mention this? They have had injuries, they started slow and there has been so much talk of what is wrong. Oh and they are in 1st place.

Watch it I will sick the owner of another jets website after you

I will take it one step further. Sheff and Matsui getting hurt will be EXACTLY why the Yankees win the World Series this year.

I nominate this for POTW. POTW NOM dammit. I nailed it. I am calling how I nailed it.

This helps them because this team is going to run more and learn how to manufacture runs. Bubba Crosby will actually bunt. Do not replace them with superstars. Give Melky right and Bubba left.

Then you will win it all. You heard it here first.

i wasn't able to watch (im on vacation), what'd Jeter do?

Error on a DP ball in the 9th.

Jete's off to a good start and is in a prime position hitting in front of Giambi or Sheffield.

On a unrelated note , Nomar appears healthy(FINALLY) and is putting up some nice numbers in LA

This lineup isn't going to hit be able to keep up with good hitting teams. The pitching has been great but they still better make a trade for an outfielder quick.

We'll see...you can't have an All Star at every position. Let's see how they go through the week with the overrated Mess coming up.

We'll see...you can't have an All Star at every position. Let's see how they go through the week with the overrated Mess coming up.

They have 4 automatic outs in the lineup every day now. They beat the a's 2 games because they have more injuries then we do and their lineup is AWFUL. They won't be able to keep up with the high scoring teams with this lineup.

This lineup isn't going to hit be able to keep up with good hitting teams. The pitching has been great but they still better make a trade for an outfielder quick.

If they get Sheff back and Matsui is done for the year I wouldn't panic. With Sheff they can put out a pretty good 1 - 7. Give Melky a shot if they think he is ready. Give Bubba a shot.

This team needs role players!

They have 4 automatic outs in the lineup every day now. They beat the a's 2 games because they have more injuries then we do and their lineup is AWFUL. They won't be able to keep up with the high scoring teams with this lineup.

Name a better lineup than the Yankees w/o Matsui but with sheffield

Damon, Jeter, Arod, Sheffield, Giambi and Cano.

More than enough. Add in that Posada is hitting pretty good and Cabrera and Bubba save runs with solid defense, this team will be fine without Matsui.

More than enough. Add in that Posada is hitting pretty good and Cabrera and Bubba save runs with solid defense, this team will be fine without Matsui.

J. Wilson, Sanchez, Bay, Burnitz, C. Wilson

If they get Sheff back and Matsui is done for the year I wouldn't panic. With Sheff they can put out a pretty good 1 - 7. Give Melky a shot if they think he is ready. Give Bubba a shot.

This team needs role players!

Melky could play left every day but they will need a RF. Bubba is nowhere NEAR an everyday player in the majors.

Reyes, LoDuca, Beltran,Delgado, Wright, Floyd, Nady. (Also has better pitching/defense).

Matthews,Young, Texiera, Nevin, Blaylock, Mench.

Crisp, Loretta, Ortiz, Manny, Nixon/Pena, Varitek, Lowell. (Also has better pitching defense).

Reyes, LoDuca, Beltran,Delgado, Wright, Floyd, Nady. (Also has better pitching/defense).

Matthews,Young, Texiera, Nevin, Blaylock, Mench.

Crisp, Loretta, Ortiz, Manny, Nixon/Pena, Varitek, Lowell. (Also has better pitching defense).

I agree with the mets and the rangers having better lineups then the yankees do right now. I'd also throw the indians and white sox in with that list but if you think that boston's pitching (or lineup) is better then the yankees' you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Go look at some stats before you come out with that.

For 200 million they should be able to field two teams and win the AL East and Wildcard.

For 200 million they should be able to field two teams and win the AL East and Wildcard.

WAH WAH PAYROLL WAH WAH WAH 200 million WAH WAH WAH

get a new point. boston fans have no clout to whine about the yankees with their 125 million dollar payroll.

WAH WAH PAYROLL WAH WAH WAH 200 million WAH WAH WAH

get a new point. boston fans have no clout to whine about the yankees with their 125 million dollar payroll.

And never have I said Boston is not among the rish teams.

It is disengenuious to say the Yankees have overcome injuries when their team salary is 200 million.

Like last season's argument, on which of our respective teams overcame more to tie for the AL East. Two bad teams that bombed out of the playoffs still had what, 190 wins between them.

No matter what your payroll is when you have 2 players like matsui and sheffield out for long periods of time it's hard to overcome that. The yankees are winning now because they have the best top to bottom pitching staff in the AL right now. Thats the bottom line.

No matter what your payroll is when you have 2 players like matsui and sheffield out for long periods of time it's hard to overcome that. The yankees are winning now because they have the best top to bottom pitching staff in the AL right now. Thats the bottom line.

I would take the Tigers and Indians staff over the Yankees in a heartbeat.

Best in the AL?YANKEES-Titan.jpe

I would take the Tigers and Indians staff over the Yankees in a heartbeat.

Best in the AL?YANKEES-Titan.jpe

The tigers have better numbers but adjusted to ballpark the yankees have better numbers as far as the indians go they have one of the WORST staff's in the AL and have given up the 2nd most runs in baseball so i don't know where you're getting that from...

The tigers have better numbers but adjusted to ballpark the yankees have better numbers as far as the indians go they have one of the WORST staff's in the AL and have given up the 2nd most runs in baseball so i don't know where you're getting that from...

Although Westbrook has started slowly, Sabathia, Lee and Westbrook are a great 1-3.

The Tigers are younger, better and cheaper than the Yanks. There is no comparison.

Although Westbrook has started slowly, Sabathia, Lee and Westbrook are a great 1-3.

The Tigers are younger, better and cheaper than the Yanks. There is no comparison.

The tigers best pitcher so far is 40 year old kenny rogers and everyone knows what he is. moroth is preforming well above his carrer numbers and robertson is a very fast starter and is also well above his carrer numbers which means he's due to come back to earth (as their mediocore WHIP's show.) bonderman and verlander are 2 very good young arms who will be there for a while but only bonderman has no 1 starter type stuff. There is no doubt the tigers are improved but talking about them without bringing the MASSIVE ballpark they play in into consideration is just stupid. the ERAfor all teams in that park is MORE THEN A FULL RUN less then the major league average which is why (just like colorado and texas) you can't take their numbers as face value. You can argue about taking guys over the long term all you want but that stats don't lie. THIS YEAR the yankees have the best pitching staff in the league.

Error on a DP ball in the 9th.

Jete's off to a good start and is in a prime position hitting in front of Giambi or Sheffield.

On a unrelated note , Nomar appears healthy(FINALLY) and is putting up some nice numbers in LA

I still want to see him stay healthy for the rest of the season. If he can. How is he taking to 1B?

Why did our two teams win so many games last year?

$$$$$$$$$$$

The loss of Schilling and Foulke to injuries, and Lowe and Martinez to FA, would have crippled most teams. Ditto the Yankees misses at FA and injuries.

So when the pitching staffs are sucking, they have the bats to maintain their competitiveness and win 90+ games.

Let's not over romanticize the accomplishments of our teams. $125 and $200 million buy alot of depth. The Yanks should not even bat an eye by losing Shefroid and Matsui.

Why did our two teams win so many games last year?

$$$$$$$$$$$

The loss of Schilling and Foulke to injuries, and Lowe and Martinez to FA, would have crippled most teams. Ditto the Yankees misses at FA and injuries.

So when the pitching staffs are sucking, they have the bats to maintain their competitiveness and win 90+ games.

Let's not over romanticize the accomplishments of our teams. $125 and $200 million buy alot of depth. The Yanks should not even bat an eye by losing Shefroid and Matsui.

The only problem with your argument is that neither team has a dominant pitching staff, right now. SO, when you take out 2 of the top 4 cogs of 1 teams offense, there will be a dramatic drop-off in total offensive production.

Good one.:cheers:

I thought you would give me the Royals. But I'll bet you can't name 5 Royals.;) (or spell some of them............)

Emil Brown (used to be a pirate), angel berroa, reggie sanders, mike sweeney, and i think they have matt stairs now too.

I will take it one step further. Sheff and Matsui getting hurt will be EXACTLY why the Yankees win the World Series this year.

I nominate this for POTW. POTW NOM dammit. I nailed it. I am calling how I nailed it.

This helps them because this team is going to run more and learn how to manufacture runs. Bubba Crosby will actually bunt. Do not replace them with superstars. Give Melky right and Bubba left.

Then you will win it all. You heard it here first.

horse.gif

The only problem with your argument is that neither team has a dominant pitching staff, right now. SO, when you take out 2 of the top 4 cogs of 1 teams offense, there will be a dramatic drop-off in total offensive production.

Wait a minute. MadMike says that the Yankees have the best pitching staff in baseball.

Archived