Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Scott Kazmir

I heard in High School he was a Gay basher

I heard Jim Duquette once traded him to the Devil Rays, THINKING he was getting CARLOS Zambrano!!!

us met fans can only hope he turns out like Rick Ankiel & John Rocker...stud lefty very young, only to fall off the face of the earth! :rolleyes:

who cares,, it got us Omar as GM,, the future is brighter than it has been in 20 years,,

lets just hope that San Juan doesnt get a team, we will lose Omar if that happens

yeah, the future looks very bright with Pedro and Glavine both gone by 2009 and the Mets having no more ace because they traded away Kazmir, who is only 22 by the way ;)

thats ignorant and silly,,

we have very good youngsters and its the Mets, they will buy some free agent arms,,just like Yanks,, but now we have a smart GM like the Yanks do and mistakes will be minimal,,

Because, as has already been said, Omar Minaya is handling the business, not Steve Phillips or Jim Duquette. You're using circular logic (again), blackout.

he eeeze worried that the Yanks day in dee sun is dweeendling :D

Yep. The only time I'll really give a **** about Kazmir is when he's pitching against us.

If a few Mets fans on here mistake my good-natured ribbing for anything else, then in the words of Notorious BIG, they're dead wrong

what is a BIG?

Maxman, not that you aren't a post-slut, but I think the real reason these threads are going so deep is clearly because of the greatness of Mr. Pavano and his quest to eventually pass Cy Young on the all-time wins list at 511 while blowing away Nolan Ryan's 5714 strikeouts at the same time.

I agree

Trade Kazmir? Who would be stupid enough to do such a thing?

;)

Scott Kazmir was lit up for a career-high 13 runs in five innings by the A's on Saturday.

If the Angels had alternatives, this would be it for Kazmir, with his ERA now up to 6.92 for the season. However, manager Mike Scioscia said after the game that Kazmir would stay in the rotation, even though he's allowed 30 runs over 19 2/3 innings in his last four starts.

The Mets could still use him. :-P

:rl:

actually if u read the FABA vs Blackout posts in this thread, FABA comes out a visionary with his Pelfrey comments..kudos to FABA

Once Pelfrey leaves I will start the same thread.

But I can't read their comments, I have them both on ignore.

hey I can see that dolt Omar making a Kazmir for Pelfrey trade ;)

Someone has to top the Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi trade :(

shame actually. did he have arm surgery or something?

Angels stick with Scott Kazmir despite MLB-worst 6.92 ERA

Aaron Gleeman Jul. 15, 2010, 10:44 AM ET

Scott Kazmir has the highest ERA in baseball among pitchers with at least 50 innings this season, allowing 71 earned runs in 92 frames for a ghastly 6.92 mark. In his final start of the first half Saturday he allowed a franchise-record 13 runs in five innings against an Oakland lineup that ranks among the AL's worst, making him 0-4 with a 13.72 ERA in his last four outings.

And despite all of that, the Angels are sticking with him in the rotation to begin the second half. Kazmir will start Tuesday against the Yankees in New York, which sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Kazmir's struggles date back to last year, when he had a 5.92 ERA in 20 starts for the Rays and showed decreased velocity, averaging a career-low 90.5 miles per hour with his fastball. He pitched well in six starts down the stretch before struggling in the playoffs, but the Angels' decision to trade infielder Sean Rodriguez and pitching prospect Alex Torres for Kazmir was highly questionable at the time and looks downright terrible now.

Kazmir is making $8 million this season and is still owed $12 million next season plus $13.5 million or a $2.5 million buyout in 2012. Rodriguez has a decent .726 OPS as the Rays' part-time second baseman and Torres is thriving at Double-A as a 22-year-old. In other words, unless pitching coach Mike Butcher can work some kind of miracle with Kazmir the trade is only going to look worse and worse for the Angels.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company