Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Scott Kazmir

Maxman, you have been starting many of these Kazmir threads. However, each of them has gone on several pages. What does that tell you?

that Scott Kazmir is the best pitcher since Walter Johnson?

that Scott Kazmir is the best pitcher since Walter Johnson?

Did you ever watch Walter Johnson pitch, oh wise 15-year old?

And once again, you wouldn't be saying that if he wasn't a former Met.

Dude. Blackout is like a year younger than you. Get over yourself already!

how old are you 80?

how old are you 80?

Old enough to know that, if you never saw a pitcher pitch, all you're relying on are statistics (which always have a distinct possibility of being flawed) and stories (which always have the possibility of being distorted by those telling the story).

Old enough to know that, if you never saw a pitcher pitch, all you're relying on are statistics (which always have a distinct possibility of being flawed) and stories (which always have the possibility of being distorted by those telling the story).

So you won't even tell me your age?

What a disgrace to Mets fans everywhere. I'm sorry good fans like LatinLawyer and Faba have to put up with the likes of you.

So you won't even tell me your age?

What a disgrace to Mets fans everywhere. I'm sorry good fans like LatinLawyer and Faba have to put up with the likes of you.

Nice try.

Nice try.

Thanks.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to join the Scott Kazmir fan club.

Thanks.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to join the Scott Kazmir fan club.

You're just proving my point, blackout.

Even if this kid IS the next bigtime left-handed pitcher, you wouldn't give a damn about him if he wasn't traded away by the Mets.

Maxman, you have been starting many of these Kazmir threads. However, each of them has gone on several pages. What does that tell you?

That I am a post count whore? I thought I already made that clear, lol.

That I am a post count whore? I thought I already made that clear, lol.

Maxman, not that you aren't a post-slut, but I think the real reason these threads are going so deep is clearly because of the greatness of Mr. Kazmir and his quest to eventually pass Cy Young on the all-time wins list at 511 while blowing away Nolan Ryan's 5714 strikeouts at the same time.

Maxman, not that you aren't a post-slut, but I think the real reason these threads are going so deep is clearly because of the greatness of Mr. Pavano and his quest to eventually pass Cy Young on the all-time wins list at 511 while blowing away Nolan Ryan's 5714 strikeouts at the same time.

I agree

Trade Kazmir? Who would be stupid enough to do such a thing?

;)

Scott Kazmir was lit up for a career-high 13 runs in five innings by the A's on Saturday.

If the Angels had alternatives, this would be it for Kazmir, with his ERA now up to 6.92 for the season. However, manager Mike Scioscia said after the game that Kazmir would stay in the rotation, even though he's allowed 30 runs over 19 2/3 innings in his last four starts.

;)

Scott Kazmir was lit up for a career-high 13 runs in five innings by the A's on Saturday.

If the Angels had alternatives, this would be it for Kazmir, with his ERA now up to 6.92 for the season. However, manager Mike Scioscia said after the game that Kazmir would stay in the rotation, even though he's allowed 30 runs over 19 2/3 innings in his last four starts.

The Mets could still use him. :-P

actually if u read the FABA vs Blackout posts in this thread, FABA comes out a visionary with his Pelfrey comments..kudos to FABA

actually if u read the FABA vs Blackout posts in this thread, FABA comes out a visionary with his Pelfrey comments..kudos to FABA

Once Pelfrey leaves I will start the same thread.

But I can't read their comments, I have them both on ignore.

Once Pelfrey leaves I will start the same thread.

But I can't read their comments, I have them both on ignore.

hey I can see that dolt Omar making a Kazmir for Pelfrey trade ;)

Someone has to top the Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi trade :(

shame actually. did he have arm surgery or something?

Angels stick with Scott Kazmir despite MLB-worst 6.92 ERA

Aaron Gleeman Jul. 15, 2010, 10:44 AM ET

Scott Kazmir has the highest ERA in baseball among pitchers with at least 50 innings this season, allowing 71 earned runs in 92 frames for a ghastly 6.92 mark. In his final start of the first half Saturday he allowed a franchise-record 13 runs in five innings against an Oakland lineup that ranks among the AL's worst, making him 0-4 with a 13.72 ERA in his last four outings.

And despite all of that, the Angels are sticking with him in the rotation to begin the second half. Kazmir will start Tuesday against the Yankees in New York, which sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Kazmir's struggles date back to last year, when he had a 5.92 ERA in 20 starts for the Rays and showed decreased velocity, averaging a career-low 90.5 miles per hour with his fastball. He pitched well in six starts down the stretch before struggling in the playoffs, but the Angels' decision to trade infielder Sean Rodriguez and pitching prospect Alex Torres for Kazmir was highly questionable at the time and looks downright terrible now.

Kazmir is making $8 million this season and is still owed $12 million next season plus $13.5 million or a $2.5 million buyout in 2012. Rodriguez has a decent .726 OPS as the Rays' part-time second baseman and Torres is thriving at Double-A as a 22-year-old. In other words, unless pitching coach Mike Butcher can work some kind of miracle with Kazmir the trade is only going to look worse and worse for the Angels.

Well another young arm that found success hard to get.

Well another young arm that found success hard to sustain.

Fixd for accuracy. Kazmir had alot of early success.

Lefty like him...I think someone gives him a chance to rebuild himself. Watch the Cardinals do it and he becomes a monster...I hate that team.

I imagine a few teams will make a run at him.

I wonder what he has left though?

The Angels dumped him with 'only' 14.5 million (remainder of this year and a buyout) to 25.5 million if they picked up a 13.5 team option for next year.

They cut a 27yo pitcher who potentially can be very good to great versus letting him see if he can get his stuff together this year.

Like the line about Peterson being half right....could have been an all time great trade if the Mets got the other half right. Should have traded him to the Yankees back then, they would have given up the whole farm for him.

Like the line about Peterson being half right....could have been an all time great trade if the Mets got the other half right. Should have traded him to the Yankees back then, they would have given up the whole farm for him.

A good buddy of mine still has his Victor Zambrano jersey, wears it to Met games a lot actually and it's always good for a laugh.