New forum

Boozer76

I do hope you guys realize that this drills against exactly what you rail other sites for.

A separatist faction, whether real or imagined, whether paid for or free, creates an exclusionary platform from which to preach.

You want to say you are open to all ideas-Please check those ideas at the door.

You want to say all are welcome and there is freedom of choice-Well there is freedom, but just to what we want you to see.

What was supposed to be an ideal society, founded upon the freedoms to say what you want (within reason) now becomes say what you want (within reason) where we want you to say it. And excuse us while we snicker at you behind the closed and locked door in the attic. Pass the joint, Smizz.

I always felt kind of odd, as we would have 30 people come to our apartment after the bars in college, and then we privately went upstairs in a group of 5 or so partake in head candy. Kinda like we felt that we were above it all, in our own private party while we hung upstair, while the other party went on without us. Now I can see why that felt odd.

I think you are looking way too deep into this SD. Like i said, you were going to be an original member, but we felt that you wouldn't have wanted to because you seem to be very clean cut. We didn't think the thought of an adult VIP forum would appeal to you. You will be voted on in a month.

The purpose is to allow the site to have a forum with adult content without the repurcussions that Max would face if it were a public forum. Pics will not be censored (though we ask they be tasteful), words will not be censored, and overall people will be free to say what they want. Nobody who participates in that forum will be banned at JI for saying something here because nobody from JI will see it.

We are keeping it small at first to ensure that the original members are clearly aware of the rules involved in that forum. Each member that requests membership going forward will be vouched for by an existing VIP membr, ahnd then voted on by all members. once anyone becomes a VIP member, they will have the exact same rights as anyone else as a VIP. They will be able to vouch for whomever they want and that member will be voted on. In no time I forsee about 300-500 members in the VIP, nearly half of the entire membership here at JN. It just takes a little effort to get there.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always felt kind of odd, as we would have 30 people come to our apartment after the bars in college, and then we privately went upstairs in a group of 5 or so partake in head candy.

That doesn't feel odd. A couple of grams can only go so far.

Boozer didn't feel like waiting 10 more months for April Fools day. It was a toss up this year between the outraged polack and the VIP club and the club was runner-up.

BTW: On a related note, a naked chick forum is not a bad idea though.

I think you are looking way too deep into this SD. Like i said, you were going to be an original member, but we felt that you wouldn't have wanted to because you seem to be very clean cut. We didn't think the thought of an adult VIP forum would appeal to you. You will be voted on in a month.

The purpose is to allow the site to have a forum with adult content without the repurcussions that Max would face if it were a public forum. Pics will not be censored (though we ask they be tasteful), words will not be censored, and overall people will be free to say what they want. Nobody who participates in that forum will be banned at JI for saying something here because nobody from JI will see it.

We are keeping it small at first to ensure that the original members are clearly aware of the rules involved in that forum. Each member that requests membership going forward will be vouched for by an existing VIP membr, ahnd then voted on by all members. once anyone becomes a VIP member, they will have the exact same rights as anyone else as a VIP. They will be able to vouch for whomever they want and that member will be voted on. In no time I forsee about 300-500 members in the VIP, nearly half of the entire membership here at JN. It just takes a little effort to get there.

few things:

Voting in new people is only once a month? Sounds absurd. This site has been up long enough to determine who is and isn't eligible.

As far as the JN/JI war, I think it's just ridiculous. Who gives a **** which site is better, has better members, more members, etc. All the he said/she said is a bunch of crap. I'm here to talk Jets, Yankees, and have fun doing it. And to have a forum just so people can talk about people behind their back is very immature.

This site just took a big shot in the arm for starting up a VIP forum. If I were voted in, I would pass anyway. If something needs to be said, say it out in the open, and don't be such pussy about it.

great post SD...secret forums? I thought all the kiddies were somewhere else..No thanks, I'll pass

Says the man who paid $55 for a forum that is no different than the free ones. Pot calling the kettle black? Don't worry about passing, your JI affiliations make you ineligible anyway./

few things:

Voting in new people is only once a month? Sounds absurd. This site has been up long enough to determine who is and isn't eligible.

As far as the JN/JI war, I think it's just ridiculous. Who gives a **** which site is better, has better members, more members, etc. All the he said/she said is a bunch of crap. I'm here to talk Jets, Yankees, and have fun doing it. And to have a forum just so people can talk about people behind their back is very immature.

This site just took a big shot in the arm for starting up a VIP forum. If I were voted in, I would pass anyway. If something needs to be said, say it out in the open, and don't be such pussy about it.

Wow, was the entire rest of my post in spanish? C'mon dude, the JI issue is a minor part of it. People that say things in the open here tend to get banned there. But that is not the point. 99% of the forum is to allow adult content and protect Max for it. As for the monthkly votes, that can and likely will change. I'm thibnking that I will put all requests up there, and let someone vouch for them and we vote. Simple as that.

And if you didn't want to take part in it, why did you PM me and ask to?

Says the man who paid $55 for a forum that is no different than the free ones. Pot calling the kettle black? Don't worry about passing, your JI affiliations make you ineligible anyway./

you are breaking my heart...NOT

Wow, was the entire rest of my post in spanish? C'mon dude, the JI issue is a minor part of it. People that say things in the open here tend to get banned there. But that is not the point. 99% of the forum is to allow adult content and protect Max for it. As for the monthkly votes, that can and likely will change. I'm thibnking that I will put all requests up there, and let someone vouch for them and we vote. Simple as that.

And if you didn't want to take part in it, why did you PM me and ask to?

A change of heart. There is enough action in the rest of the forums here. I think it will get out of hand, and people will post less in the regular forums. If I have something to say, funny or serious, I want everyone to see it. I have nothing to hide. I think immmaturity will reign in the VIP Lounge.

ps. How will you have a POTW if 70% of the members can't see all of the posts?

Great. I bite on a joke hook line and sinker and in the process admit to some college indiscretions.

Hold on, my CEO is on line 2

Well at least you didn't do the full Monty and fess up to that whole gay experiment thing. :D

boozer, just wonderin if you needed your car washed or lawn mowed. you must be pretty busy with the details of running a secret club & all & I can have my people over there this weekend for any yard duties. I wouldn't let em inside though.

Oh & on a totally unrelated issue, I understand my file is now under review for membership

curious. how will this affect potw? I sense some pretty good stuff comin out

Hi Boozer, have I mentioned that i've always thought you are an insightful & quality poster? you bring a lot to the table ma man. I've got some limo dirt that would make sooth blush? I am also a sheep when it comes to monthly votes on new membership. I'll follow your lead sir. sooooooooooo am I in or out?

I will not reveal who this is, but as much as it made me laugh out loud it will not gain membership if you are not on the original list.

Booze-BS.

If Max wants to run a site that has adult material, or adult pictures in it, there is no law against that.

It is his site and he can do whatever he wants with it, the constitution gives him that right. It just flies in the face of hypocrisy. I really thought that he was building towards something here, to slide into this mirth of ugliness.

Oh, and Max, cancel the article that I just sent to you. I want it to be read the masses of the free and willing.

Booze-BS.

If Max wants to run a site that has adult material, or adult pictures in it, there is no law against that.

It is his site and he can do whatever he wants with it, the constitution gives him that right. It just flies in the face of hypocrisy. I really thought that he was building towards something here, to slide into this mirth of ugliness.

Oh, and Max, cancel the article that I just sent to you. I want it to be read the masses of the free and willing.

The constitution does give him that right, but the NY Jets do not. They can and will take away his rights to use their name and logo all over the site if we do not privatize an adult themed forum.

ps. How will you have a POTW if 70% of the members can't see all of the posts?

Just as they are now. GreenBeans will have access to the forum, he will edit and nominated POTW's for content and post them in the regular forum.

If a sentense in the VIP forum says sh*t for example, he will edit it to say poopie.

The constitution does give him that right, but the NY Jets do not. They can and will take away his rights to use their name and logo all over the site if we do not privatize an adult themed forum.

Start another site if that is the case. If he fancies himself as the next Larry Flint, all in.

Is his intent to use the private forum to discuss things that are NY Jets? I assume not. So why the need to perpetuate an exclusionary illusion where some are in and some are not? All in the name of a few private snickers. And I am not talking candy bars. Lord knows, there is enough of that in that forum already.

Good day and good bye.

Start another site if that is the case. If he fancies himself as the next Larry Flint, all in.

Is his intent to use the private forum to discuss things that are NY Jets? I assume not. So why the need to perpetuate an exclusionary illusion where some are in and some are not? All in the name of a few private snickers. And I am not talking candy bars. Lord knows, there is enough of that in that forum already.

Good day and good bye.

I'm with you, SD.

I'm out.

What am i missing here? Boozer, be a pal and let me in too willya? :cheers:

stiller, I've alwways thought you were a cool poster, but if you get in this club & I don't , well , all bets are off

:Cuss: :Cuss:

anything yet booz????? yer pal joewilly ( did I mention I have fold back teeth & pistol grip ears?)

stiller, I've alwways thought you were a cool poster, but if you get in this club & I don't , well , all bets are off

:Cuss: :Cuss:

anything yet booz????? yer pal joewilly ( did I mention I have fold back teeth & pistol grip ears?)

Mention the kielbasa trick and you're a lock

Good day and good bye.

All I ask is you give it a chance. Like I said earlier, in no time at all it will probably consist of half or more of the existing members here. But until it really gets rolling I ask that everyone just please be patient.

I posted in the hopes that it would generate some interest. In hindsight I should have and could have just sent pirvate PM's to those who were invited and kept it a secret society. I didn't want to go that route, just as most other VIP members didn't. I felt that the public here should be aware of it and the process involved to be a part of it. If you feel that is elitist then that's your free perogative.

It seems to me you had no problem with it when you asked to join. When I told you it would take a month for your membership[ to get sorted out, then you come at me with this high and mighty platform BS. So to you I say good day sir. Take your ball and go home.

All I ask is you give it a chance. Like I said earlier, in no time at all it will probably consist of half or more of the existing members here. But until it really gets rolling I ask that everyone just please be patient.

I posted in the hopes that it would generate some interest. In hindsight I should have and could have just sent pirvate PM's to those who were invited and kept it a secret society. I didn't want to go that route, just as most other VIP members didn't. I felt that the public here should be aware of it and the process involved to be a part of it. If you feel that is elitist then that's your free perogative.

It seems to me you had no problem with it when you asked to join. When I told you it would take a month for your membership[ to get sorted out, then you come at me with this high and mighty platform BS. So to you I say good day sir. Take your ball and go home.

You know what, just to further prove my point here is SD's original request to join:

Private Message: Why not post_old.gif Today, 05:26 PM Scott Dierking vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

Jerk

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/image.php?u=267&dateline=1139189439

vCash: 3075

Why not

I'd love to join the new forum.

If you could set me up that'd be

great! I think it's awesome that

we can finally chat in private

and not have to worry about the

2 year olds or ones who behave

that way. Thanks again!

Mangini:The revolution will not be televised

To be honest, and you must admit it I said "I don't want to be a part of any club that wants me in it anyway".

I then I thought about it and said FU to Boozer. What high horse did he ride in on?

What kind of exclusionary forum are you creating where you now freely admit that upwards of 50% of people will eventually be allowed in?

Can you see and witness the height of your shortsightedness?

To be honest, and you must admit it I said "I don't want to be a part of any club that wants me in it anyway".

I then I thought about it and said FU to Boozer. What high horse did he ride in on?

What kind of exclusionary forum are you creating where you now freely admit that upwards of 50% of people will eventually be allowed in?

Can you see and witness the height of your shortsightedness?

I'm thoroughly confused not. Are you for it opr against it?

As a charter member, I vote that Scott Dierking be allowed in.

Vouch for him in the private forum and we'll have the vote now. He needs a minimum of 13 total votes of which greater than 50% must be yes. I'm tempted to vote no after all the BS he put me through, but that would not be in the spirit of the new forum.

I'm thoroughly confused not. Are you for it opr against it?

Just like a car wreck, you can't help to rubber neck and that was the initial impulse.

As sometimes happens, my initial impulses are wrong. That car wreck contains some mangled limbs, and it is not pretty.

keep moving along folks, nothing to look at here.

Oh, and just ignore Boozer, the traffic cop with the attitude. Guns never looked so sheepish in comparison.

Archived