Mets fans, turn on Cold Pizza

Blackout

I almost died when I saw that...what made it funnier was that Steinbrenner was there to tell them that George was missing and all his dad wanted to do was bitch about the Buhner/Phelps trade.

Frank Costanza: What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for?!? He had 30 home runs, over 100 RBIs last year, he's got a rocket for an arm, you don't know what the hell you're doin'!!

Steinbrenner: Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people love Ken Phelps' bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps'.

Classic.

Frank Costanza: What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for?!? He had 30 home runs, over 100 RBIs last year, he's got a rocket for an arm, you don't know what the hell you're doin'!!

Steinbrenner: Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people love Ken Phelps' bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps'.

Classic.

classic,, a leave it to Seinfeld, the ultimate Mets fan to get that Yankee jab in the show,, hilarious

In all fairness the Yankees made one of the worst trades in MLB history in dealing Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps

Jay Buhner post Yankees.....307 HRs

Ken Phelps as a Yankee.....17 HRs

Don't forget Willie McGee for Bob Sykes.

Nick Johnson for Javier Vasquez.

Anyone for Ed Whitson.

EVERY team makes bad trades.

If we lived in Milwaukee, we'd be hearing about the Brewers' bad trades. Bottom line is that the Mets traded Kazmir, and there is nothing I can do about that. So I'm not complaining about it anymore.

However, if I should ever meet up with Jim Duquette......

Anyone for Ed Whitson.

If we lived in Milwaukee, we'd be hearing about the Brewers' bad trades. Bottom line is that the Mets traded Kazmir, and there is nothing I can do about that. So I'm not complaining about it anymore.

in 82 the Yankees traded Fred McGriff and others for Dale Murray and Tom Dodd

theres another (rare) bad Yankee trade

Anyone for Ed Whitson.

I think Willie McGee was for Bobby Meachem

ahhhh...it was for Sykes but there was a twist (this is why I was thinking it was Meacham)

McGee was traded to the cards with the understanding that the cards would then trade him back to the Yankees after the season.

Well, McGee had such a good rookie year that the Cards told the Yanks that they would not be trading him back and as compensation they gave the Yankees Bobby Meacham.

Willie McGee, CF (1): Drafted and raised by the Yankees, then traded to the Cardinals for reliever Bob Sykes. The Yankees later got Bobby Meacham in another deal with the Cardinals to even things out.

Because it gets on your nerves, along with a few other Mets fans.

Thats about it.

And Yankee fans wonder why Met fans hate the Yankees. As for me I don't hate the Yankees, A team that wins the way the do throughout history you have to respect. However it's arrogant sh*t talking fans like you who just love to throw jabs because you think your team is superior which we know is not this yr.Seeing how we almost swept you again this yr.

:Nuts:

I gues I can understand why you feel the need to redeme yourself by just pouring salt on open wounds and bringing up stuff which the yankees have done their fair share of.

By the way hows Randy working out for ya as well as many other ptchers we wont name.Did he quite yet? :rolleyes:

However it's arrogant sh*t talking fans like you who just love to throw jabs because you think your team is inferior which we know is not this yr. Seeing how we almost swept you again this yr.

:Nuts:

Do you know the definition of the word inferior? Because if you did, you would see the irony in your own statement.

Does anybody find it at least a little bit ironic that a Yankee fan is chiding a fan of another team about trading away Minor League strong talent and getting trash in return?

This is the dfinition of irony.

Name one time we traded away STRONG talent in the last 5 years an got trash in return.

I'm talking league leading talent, not 131-games-per-year talent.

Name one time we traded away STRONG talent in the last 5 years an got trash in return.

I'm talking league leading talent, not 131-games-per-year talent.

If we only want to talk about five year intervals-How many championships have the Yankees won over that time?

What trades HAVE they made that have been pennant changing trades? It works both ways.

And I am not defending the Kazmir trade. Only recalling some great Yankee shortsightedness throughout the Steinbrenner era

If we only want to talk about five year intervals-How many championships have the Yankees won over that time?

What trades HAVE they made that have been pennant changing trades? It works both ways.

And I am not defending the Kazmir trade. Only recalling some great Yankee shortsightedness throughout the Steinbrenner era

The Yankees tied the Red Sox last year and won the division due to winning the season series with Boston.

Randy Johnson last year vs. Boston: 5-0

Thats a pennant changing trade.

The reason I said 5 years is because we won the world series from 98-00, so any trades made then obviously didn't harm us, now did they?

The Yankees tied the Red Sox last year and won the division due to winning the season series with Boston.

The reason I said 5 years is because we won the world series from 98-00, so any trades made then obviously didn't harm us, now did they?

warning blackout806,, u r entering into a no win situation,,

SD is the Clarence Darrow of JI

The Yankess won the pennant last year?

I have to remember to fire my paper boy. The news is wrong.

Somewhere, a sniffle is heard by Ozzie Guillen as he is informed that the WhiteSox did not win the pennant.

Somewhere, a sniffle is heard by Ozzie Guillen as he is informed that the WhiteSox did not win the pennant.

Never mess with Scott without proofing your work before posting.:P

I love how Nick Johnson is now not a good player because he got hurt.

In all fairness the Yankees made one of the worst trades in MLB history in dealing Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps

Jay Buhner post Yankees.....307 HRs

Ken Phelps as a Yankee.....17 HRs

:Cuss:

This doesn't mean that trading Kazmir can't be worse....but all teams have their share of terrible trades....carry on upsetting the Met fans:cheers:

The Yanks made some real doozies back then. I forget who they got, but they traded away Jose Rio and Jay Howell, who turned out to be two really good starters for the Reds and Dodgers and pitched on World Series winning teams.

What about Bye Bye Balboni? Who'd they give away for him?

Remember Doc Medich for Doc Ellis?

division, pennant, whats the difference? ;)

The reporters of that paper merely recognized Jose Contreras wearing dark pinstripes and figured the Yankees had won. And if Mel Stottlemyre ahd a barin, they might have won it with him too. Strikeouts are BAD!, SAYETH MEL!

Never mess with Scott without proofing your work before posting.:P

I love how Nick Johnson is now not a good player because he got hurt.

nick johnson is an above average player.

good? he can be at times.

something i cry over at night? no.

In the 1980s the Yanks also gave away Fred McGriff(Doyle Alexander from Toronto), Willie McGee(Bob Shirley from the Cards) and Doug Drabek(wads of chewed up bubblegum, I guess?).

You nailed 'em, Bugg!

I was racking my brain. I knew there was another solid starter (Drabek) that also pitched for a WS winner, but it was eluding me.

Imagine the 80's (Mattingly's era) with these three starters:

Jay Howell

Jose Rio

Doug Drabek

Hey, how did the Yanks get Danny Terrible (Tartabul)? I'm trying to think who they gave up out of their farm system to get that loser.

Archived