Wright vs Wakefield tonight

:yawn:

Could it get any worse?

Wright has pitched well in his last two starts but still is a bore to watch on the mound and Wakefield makes 5 year olds high on sugar fall asleep.

Thank god I have work from 4-8 so I'm missing the first 3 innings.

Well, it's a chance for Wright to show what he can do against a good team while relatively healthy (or as healthy as he's been since coming to NY)

Should be interesting.

im going to watch tonight, but i wont hesitate to switch over to the NBA if it turns into a blowout early (which i expect out of Wright)

who is going tomorrow? RJ?

Yep...RJ tomorrow

Wakefield always pitches well against us and the Redsox OWN Wright.

This Yankee team isn't pitching well or do much of anything else well right now. With 1/4 of the season done,the Yankee pitching staff is old,injured and in desperate need of an overhaul.

Randy Johnson is done. I don't care who tells you what. He is finished. They should pitch him every 15 days.

Not to be a Red Sox homer, but the way Wright is and the way the Unit has been, we could be looking at a sweep.

Do not over estimate Wake's ability to increase any team's batting average.

Wright has pitched well lately and tonight did the same although I'm not sure why he was taken out after 5 IP's with only 77 pitches thrown and not 1 run allowed.

4-1 Yanks, Top 7th.

We need to hold on to win today because we all know it's most likely a L with Johnson on the mound tomorrow night.

3 run homer for A-Rod.

7-1, Top 7th.

Ya know A-Rod hits these Homeruns, whooptie doo. Let's see him hit one when we're down 4-2 in the 9th. Never gonna happen unfortunately.

How is a 3 run home run in the Top 7th when we're already up by 3 clutch?

3 runs is nothing really. Not sure "clutch" is the word for it, but it was still a very big hit for the Yankees (and Arod).

It puts the game out of reach.

Johnson will own tomorrow. You heard it here first.

Well, its not exactly a walk off Grand Slam, but it does outweigh just about every other hit A-rod has had in pinstripes. At least the score was kinda close (3 runs) and it was kinda late (7th inning)

Clutch is a total reach...but it was significant, unlike everything else he has done.

Simply put, the offense didnt show up tonight, Wake's knuckleball wasnt dancing...except out of Dougie's glove, and Willie Harris is about as useless as t!ts on a boar. He is the 2006 mullet-less Craig Grebeck, except he's black, and with a worse glove.

Wright has pitched well lately and tonight did the same although I'm not sure why he was taken out after 5 IP's with only 77 pitches thrown and not 1 run allowed.

4-1 Yanks, Top 7th.

We need to hold on to win today because we all know it's most likely a L with Johnson on the mound tomorrow night.

77 pitches in may is enough for a guy coming off an arm injury.

Don't mean to hijack,but does anyone know of a way to keep the games on YES from being blacked out on DirecTV. I live in FL,and can only watch the Yanks when they are on fox,espn,or playing the marlins or d-rays.

Manny just hit that baseball into outer space. I would like to alos point out that he stood there like a chump and showed up yet another pitcher. He would hear nothing but the sweet sound of chin music the rest of the series if I was running the show.

Manny just hit that baseball into outer space. I would like to alos point out that he stood there like a chump and showed up yet another pitcher. He would hear nothing but the sweet sound of chin music the rest of the series if I was running the show.

I hear ya smizz. He needs to get hit right in the head, and I mean that.

It drives me absolutely nuts but it's not what the Yankees do. It must be a call Torre has made because the Yankees NEVER drill hitters to send a message.

chin music!!!

bwa-hahahahahhahahahahahaha

Youre going to grow old and gray waiting for retribution by some Yankee pitcher who doesnt give a $h!t about anything except his inflated paycheck.

Sturtze was your best bet to deliver a beanball because he has a sordid history as a headcase, but he is also a former Devil Ray who couldnt hit water if he fell into the ocean! Kinda like Shawn Estes trying to hit fat roger.

How about this for a novel idea when pitching to Ortiz and Manny...try to get them to strike out????????

If anyone needs to be hit in the head, its YOU.

And not while youre wearing your special ed helmet either! Someone should pick up a brick and deliver a Reginald Denny blow to your temple and do the world a favor.

I'm sure jets/blowsux enjoyed manny posing after that homer. The players on that team are just as classless as the fans.

Yep, the class of the Yankee fan rears it's ugly head.

you won't see yankee players pose like that. torre won't allow that kind of bush league crap.

Riiiiiiight. Sheffield has never done that, he's the consummate professional.

Way to avoid the point of my post, though.

Riiiiiiight. Sheffield has never done that, he's the consummate professional.

Way to avoid the point of my post, though.

first of all i never said hit ortiz in the head or hurt him and there are moron classless fans of every team. the point is that ortiz and ramriez do that constantly.

as far the sheffield goes he did that when he first got here and torre yelled at him. and he dosn't do it anymore and even when he did he NEVER did it as blatently as ramriez did tonight.

The way that some of you come to the defense of anything Yankee is mind-boggling.

If Manny was on your team and wanted to blow a goat in the dugout, hey, he's not hurting anybody.

If he stood and watched his homerun, hey, he didn't want to mess up the chalklines around the batters box. He had to step out carefully.

Sheffield is a thug, and the lowest form of baseball life. A cheater.

The way that some of you come to the defense of anything Yankee is mind-boggling.

If Manny was on your team and wanted to blow a goat in the dugout, hey, he's not hurting anybody.

If he stood and watched his homerun, hey, he didn't want to mess up the chalklines around the batters box. He had to step out carefully.

Sheffield is a thug, and the lowest form of baseball life. A cheater.

if i had a punk like ramriez on my team who posed after every homer and showed up the other team like that i would hate him and torre would never tollerate it. and i would NEVER want ramriez on my team even boston tried to give him a way a few years ago and no one would take him not to mention the fact that he asks to be traded every offseason and dosn't care if his team wins or losses. at least sheffield cares if the yankees win or lose.

and i'll say the same thing about him as i say about bonds and giambi and every orther player they are passing their tests and untill they fail a test i'll assume they are clean.

Archived