Kazmir for Zambrano: Anatomy of a Heist

Green Jets & Ham

NY TIMES

Kazmir Deal Is a Debt the Mets Still Owe

By LEE JENKINS

Four out of every five days, the Mets are a resurgent franchise, flush with charismatic leaders and bankable stars, hailed for their progressive thinking and bold strategy.

But on the fifth day, when Scott Kazmir takes the mound for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, everything the Mets have accomplished comes temporarily undone. No longer are they the team that leads the National League East. They are only the team that traded Kazmir for damaged goods named V

Wow, if it took the Kazmir trade, and the corresponding straightening out of the organization because of it, and a renewed commitment to the team, then the Kazmire trade was a GREAT trade.

Sorry to lose a player of that magnitude, but, if according to this article it sent many other wheels in motion and some of those have put the Mets where they are today-WONDERFUL!

Wow, if it took the Kazmir trade, and the corresponding straightening out of the organization because of it, and a renewed commitment to the team, then the Kazmire trade was a GREAT trade.

Sorry to lose a player of that magnitude, but, if according to this article it sent many other wheels in motion and some of those have put the Mets where they are today-WONDERFUL!

That is corporate speak for...."yeah it really sucks losing that guy". lol.

Just busting Scott. The Mets would be deadly if they had him. Deadly.

That is corporate speak for...."yeah it really sucks losing that guy". lol.

Just busting Scott. The Mets would be deadly if they had him. Deadly.

Doesw it even hurt Yankee fans a little, cause a tear to the corner of the eye, that they now have to tell Met fans that the Mets would be "deadly" with a player that was traded to another team.

In days of yore, they could harp on players on the Met roster-and rightly so. Now, the ammunition is reduced to players that USED TO BE on their roster.

I admit, I take a small satisfaction in that. Thanks

Doesw it even hurt Yankee fans a little, cause a tear to the corner of the eye, that they now have to tell Met fans that the Mets would be "deadly" with a player that was traded to another team.

In days of yore, they could harp on players on the Met roster-and rightly so. Now, the ammunition is reduced to players that USED TO BE on their roster.

Mets suck

Like I've said before, in the face of 200mill not getting it done yet again, the Yankee fan must focus on what a prior Mets GM did.:yawn:

Jose Contreras allowed just one run in seven innings Saturday against the Blue Jays, but he was involved in the decision in a game the White Sox lost in extra innings.

Contreras remained stuck at 5-0, but he lowered his ERA to 1.83. He's only given up more than two runs in one of his eight starts, and in that outing, he had a 4-2 lead when he was removed in the eighth inning.:cheers:

Like I've said before, in the face of 200mill not getting it done yet again, the Yankee fan must focus on what a prior Mets GM did.:yawn:

Jose Contreras allowed just one run in seven innings Saturday against the Blue Jays, but he was involved in the decision in a game the White Sox lost in extra innings.

Contreras remained stuck at 5-0, but he lowered his ERA to 1.83. He's only given up more than two runs in one of his eight starts, and in that outing, he had a 4-2 lead when he was removed in the eighth inning.:cheers:

I dont see the comparison. The Contreras trade blew up in the Yanks face, but at least we had two valid reasons to trade him. #1 He stunk for over a year with us. #2 He stunk even more against the Red Sox - the team we are in a dog fight for the division race every year. The Red Sox used to run laps around the bases off Jose.

Kazmir was never even given a chance to struggle in NY.

If the Mets put it together and win a WS it will hurt. But I think with the age of their rotation there are serious doubts about the upper ceiling for this team.

no they wouldnt, cause the same front office would be there,,,

Not sure about that. I think that the fact the Mets fell off the face of the earth after the trading deadline in 2004 was what caused the Omar era to begin here. Remember, Duquette was only an interim anyway. I still think they would have grabbed Omar that off-season anyway.

If the Mets put it together and win a WS it will hurt. But I think with the age of their rotation there are serious doubts about the upper ceiling for this team.

Said the fan of a team with Randy Johnson 43 year old as number one supposedly starter

Based on the ages of Pedro and Glavine, I believe the Mets have only a small window here. Like this year, and maybe next. Kazmir would have greatly expanded that window. Greatly. That's the point. Omar loaded the team for a run NOW. But he is only getting a small chance.

Sure, in Wright and Reyes, along with Beltran and Delgado (for 2 years or so) teh Mets are solid in the lineup. Milledge will only enhance that, if he is all that he is reputed to be. But the name of the game is pitching, and your top 3 starters are the same age combined as Randy, Moose and Wang, the Yankees top 3.

Yet, of all the above 6 starters (Randy, Moose, Wang, Pedro, Glavine and Traschel) who will probably be pitching 2 years from now, in his prime seasons?

Only Wang.

The Mets will try mightily to get Zito or Willis in July (just 2 months, who would believe it??). But it will cost them a little more of their future. They won't get either one for Zambrano.

This is where that trade hurts. Big time.

I dont see the comparison. The Contreras trade blew up in the Yanks face, but at least we had two valid reasons to trade him. #1 He stunk for over a year with us. #2 He stunk even more against the Red Sox - the team we are in a dog fight for the division race every year. The Red Sox used to run laps around the bases off Jose.

Kazmir was never even given a chance to struggle in NY.

OLD GM made this trade----get over it and move on. Omar would never have made the deal.....but you guys know that.

It would be like rehashing Bradway mistakes in the Mangina era.

Oh and by the way, your main competition is the WhiteSox , the team Contreras won a ring for which Yankee mantra dictates is the only goal.

OLD GM made this trade----get over it and move on. Omar would never have made the deal.....but you guys know that.

It would be like rehashing Bradway mistakes in the Mangina era.

Oh and by the way, your main competition is the WhiteSox , the team Contreras won a ring for which Yankee mantra dictates is the only goal.

I am not a mets fan and I did not start this thread so there is nothing for me to "get over."

My

Entire

Team

Sucks

Oh no, Kaz Matsui's at the plate!

It's ironic the article quotes Jeff Wilpon, and yet doesn't mention that he was the driving force behind the fiasco. he was trying to show Daddy he knows how to run the team. I'm not sure they learned much. With Benson(admittedly not the pticher Kazmir is) the Mets again allowed dumb peripheral stuff like Mrs. Benson (which they knew about when the resigned Benson) override that Benson was a productive starter. In essence they now have a downside El Duque for a still very solid inning-eater starter in Benson.

The $198 million disaster remains in 2nd place. Not too much to crow about.

The Kazmir bit is getting old. Roger Dangerfield has more "new material" than Yankee fans these days.

The Kazmir bit has just begun. We are waiting for the Braves to heat up and then we will work in some new material.

Pardon us, it is a dificult time for all of us. The Mets being in 1st place is something that none of us expected. Going forward we will prepare for such disasters ahead of time.

The Kazmir bit has just begun. We are waiting for the Braves to heat up and then we will work in some new material.

Pardon us, it is a dificult time for all of us. The Mets being in 1st place is something that none of us expected. Going forward we will prepare for such disasters ahead of time.

Max, thats not to mention the Philly's too, they have the best 1st basemen in the NL East

Archived