Kazmir for Zambrano: Anatomy of a Heist

Green Jets & Ham

The Kazmir bit has just begun. We are waiting for the Braves to heat up and then we will work in some new material.

Pardon us, it is a dificult time for all of us. The Mets being in 1st place is something that none of us expected. Going forward we will prepare for such disasters ahead of time.

dont say none of us,,,

excuse me? Tick,,,,,

dont say none of us,,,

excuse me? Tick,,,,,

I notice your ticking is a lot lower then it was just 2 -3 weeks ago. The 2 teams are tied in the loss column, so they are equal record-wise as of now. A short while ago, the Mets were ahead by 5-6 games in the loss column.

Come Sept., things will be the same as always. Mets looking up at the Yankees, record-wise. Unless the Yankees contimue to supply specimens to our Nation's Hospitals and Doctor's.

I notice your ticking is a lot lower then it was just 2 -3 weeks ago. The 2 teams are tied in the loss column, so they are equal record-wise as of now. A short while ago, the Mets were ahead by 5-6 games in the loss column.

Come Sept., things will be the same as always. Mets looking up at the Yankees, record-wise. Unless the Yankees contimue to supply specimens to our Nation's Hospitals and Doctor's.

Mbn, the Mets have young players that are only going to be seeing improvement as the season wears on, such as Wright, Reyes, Milledge, Duaner Sanchez and a TON of young, quality pitchers they are currently stocking up on.

The Yankees are mostly dependent on players on the wrong side of 30, and in some cases, the wrong side of 40.

Now, tell me who has the better chance to end up improving on their current success?

not at all,, i said the tick before season and in 1st week or two,,

all yankee fans reminded me that the season was a along one,, so i havent done it,,

ITS THE YANKEE fans that now seem to pull out the 'its gettin close' statements in June,haha,, kinda counter what they said early in season,,

go figure,,,

and please, dont pull the injury thing out,, its beneath tha great Yankee tradition, ,it implies a teenage fan who cant contain the fact his team isnt on top

and please, dont pull the injury thing out,, its beneath tha great Yankee tradition, ,it implies a teenage fan who cant contain the fact his team isnt on top

This was the Yankees starting lineup when they left spring training {By Position, not BO}

C Jorge Posada

1B Jason Giambi

2B Robby Cano

SS Derek Jeter

3B Arod

RF Gary Sheffield

CF Johnny Damon

LF Hideki Matsui

DH Bernie Williams

Here was last nites lineup

C Jorge Posada {torn tendon, splitting time with Stinett, would be on the DL if not for so many other injuries}

1B Andy Phillips

SB Robby Cano

SS Miguel Cairo

3B Arod

RF Terrance Long

CF Bernie Williams

LF Melky Cabrera

DH Jason Giambi

Ditto Johnny Damon {as Posada} ... broken foot, would be on the DL if not for so many injuries

And you wanna tell me injuries cannot be mentioned?

You Gotta be kidding me, half the team is decimated!! :rolleyes:

Oh Yeah, and Chacon is on the DL too ... Pavano and Sturtze are done for the season

This was the Yankees starting lineup when they left spring training {By Position, not BO}

C Jorge Posada

1B Jason Giambi

2B Robby Cano

SS Derek Jeter

3B Arod

RF Gary Sheffield

CF Johnny Damon

LF Hideki Matsui

DH Bernie Williams

Here was last nites lineup

C Jorge Posada {torn tendon, splitting time with Stinett, would be on the DL if not for so many other injuries}

1B Andy Phillips

SB Robby Cano

SS Miguel Cairo

3B Arod

RF Terrance Long

CF Bernie Williams

LF Melky Cabrera

DH Jason Giambi

Ditto Johnny Damon {as Posada} ... broken foot, would be on the DL if not for so many injuries

And you wanna tell me injuries cannot be mentioned?

You Gotta be kidding me, half the team is decimated!! :rolleyes:

Oh Yeah, and Chacon is on the DL too ... Pavano and Sturtze are done for the season

so what,,, part of game, ,suck it up,,

NY TIMES

Kazmir Deal Is a Debt the Mets Still Owe

By LEE JENKINS

Four out of every five days, the Mets are a resurgent franchise, flush with charismatic leaders and bankable stars, hailed for their progressive thinking and bold strategy.

But on the fifth day, when Scott Kazmir takes the mound for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, everything the Mets have accomplished comes temporarily undone. No longer are they the team that leads the National League East. They are only the team that traded Kazmir for damaged goods named V

We are "sucking it up". In case you didnt notice, the Yankees are still winning.

But to ignore it and pretend like its no big deal is complete bullsh#t from you guys.

who the hell said that,,

its amazing what yanks are doin with injuroes,,

just , its part of game,, so quit blabberin,,

if no injuries they would be 8 games up,, everyone knows that, ,but guess what,, this AINT a video game,,, its real life,,,

who the hell said that,,

its amazing what yanks are doin with injuroes,,

just , its part of game,, so quit blabberin,,

if no injuries they would be 8 games up,, everyone knows that, ,but guess what,, this AINT a video game,,, its real life,,,

Injuries are a part of the game, but losing half your starting lineup is not ... that's an abberation ... especially in baseball {a non collision sport}

Maybe its fairly common in football ... MAYBE ... but in baseball this is definitely an abberation

What's happened to the Yankees this year is an EXTREME ABBERATION

I'm not crying about it ... it is what it is ... maybe it was just our turn to be snake bitten ... but I won't pretend this SHELL OF A BASEBALL TEAM is even close to the one we constructed to take a run at the title, ITS NOT, and I won't pretend it's common, IT'S NOT, and I won't pretend it doesn't matter, IT DOES

Injuries are a part of the game, but losing half your starting lineup is not ... that's an abberation ... especially in baseball {a non collision sport}

Maybe its fairly common in football ... MAYBE ... but in baseball this is definitely an abberation

What's happened to the Yankees this year is an EXTREME ABBERATION

I'm not crying about it ... it is what it is ... maybe it was just our turn to be snake bitten ... but I won't pretend this SHELL OF A BASEBALL TEAM is even close to the one we contructed to take a run at the title, ITS NOT, and I won't pretend it's common, IT'S NOT, and I won't pretend it doesn't matter, IT DOES

With the exception of Matsui, who was an Iron Horse, are Yankee fans surprised?

-Sheffield on the DL-WOW how did that ever happen. It's not like he has not been prone before

-Damon-On the other side of 30 now, bangs his body around, is this a surprise?

-Posada-An older catcher-WHAT he has creaks?

-Jeter-DITTO

-Pavano-What crystal ball did not see this at the signing

Yankee fans-This is how your team is constructed. It has veterans that are on teh wrong side of 30 and has injury histories with a few of teh players.

And you are acting surprised and incredulous? I expected so much better from this fandom than to make excuses and the want to feel the underdog. You got what you paid for. And some.

Ask KC-They would LOVE to have your "problems" As woud 2/3 of the league

With the exception of Matsui, who was an Iron Horse, are Yankee fans surprised?

-Sheffield on the DL-WOW how did that ever happen. It's not like he has not been prone before

-Damon-On the other side of 30 now, bangs his body around, is this a surprise?

-Posada-An older catcher-WHAT he has creaks?

-Jeter-DITTO

-Pavano-What crystal ball did not see this at the signing

Yankee fans-This is how your team is constructed. It has veterans that are on teh wrong side of 30 and has injury histories with a few of teh players.

And you are acting surprised and incredulous? I expected so much better from this fandom than to make excuses and the want to feel the underdog. You got what you paid for. And some.

Ask KC-They would LOVE to have your "problems" As woud 2/3 of the league

I never said I expected this team to stay entirely healthy for 162 ... I DIDN'T

Never said I didn't expect some periodical stints on the DL ... I DID

I Just didn't expect to lose THIS MANY KEY PLAYERS SIMULTANIOUSLY, with others playing through pretty severe injuries at the same time ... THAT no-one could have expected ... what's happened to this team is absurd, a complete farce, and an extreme abberation for baseball

I Just didn't expect to lose THIS MANY KEY PLAYERS SIMULTANIOUSLY, with others playing through pretty severe injuries at the same time ... THAT no-one could have expected ... what's happened to this team is absurd, a complete farce, and an extreme abberation for baseball

Ham-It happens. Happens to many teams in fact.

No one, from the annuals of baseball I have read, have ever packed the season in and said "we have too many injuries, we quit".

This is baseball/.A trusim in baseball is -When you build your team around vetrans at key positions, you open up the likelihood of injuries.

Case in point-Look at teh San Francisco Giants this year. Same thing they are experiencing. Lowry DL. Bonds in and out. Niekro-DL. Wynn-DL. Benitez. DL. Durham DL. Alou DL. on and on.

Baseball. Ain't it grand?

If we want to throw a pity party, pity teh poor LA Dodgers. They have lost this year at times-

Lofton-DL

Kent-DL

Mueller-DL

Navarro_DL

Gagne-DL

Drew-Day to day at times

Repko-DL

Garciaparra-DL

Brazoban-DL

A total of 11 Dodgers on DL this year so far.

That is SIX of their every day starters that have missed time at one point or another.

What an awe inspiring team to continue to fight on.

FYI-They also have one of the best minor league systems at this time. They will be studs very soon

hey it makes up for this:

jeffrey_maier.jpg

If we want to throw a pity party, pity teh poor LA Dodgers. They have lost this year at times-

Lofton-DL

Kent-DL

Mueller-DL

Navarro_DL

Gagne-DL

Drew-Day to day at times

Repko-DL

Garciaparra-DL

Brazoban-DL

A total of 11 Dodgers on DL this year so far.

That is SIX of their every day starters that have missed time at one point or another.

What an awe inspiring team to continue to fight on.

FYI-They also have one of the best minor league systems at this time. They will be studs very soon

I hear George is looking at this and is inquiring into purchasing androids for next years team,,

no injuries and bionic strength,, Yankee fans are puzzled by non-humans but happy none the less

I hear George is looking at this and is inquiring into purchasing androids for next years team,,

no injuries and bionic strength,, Yankee fans are puzzled by non-humans but happy none the less

Damn automatons need routine maintenance-What the hell is up with that?

Archived