Here's my season now, this is what its come too

Green Jets & Ham

I'm Just rooting for David Wright to shatter his knee, Carlos Beltran to break his arm, Jose Reyes to break his ankle, Pedro Martinez to blow out his arm, ditto Billy Wagner .. etc etc ... I Just wanna see METS GOING DOWN, f**k them all, I hope every one of them suffers a career threatening injury

I REALLY DO

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm throwing a party on this board every time a KEY MET Goes down

Just so everyone knows ... when that happens this is where the party will be held

I'll be doing backflips

I won't be a PHONY about it like some people ... trying to fake sorrow or offer up any BS about injuries being a part of the game ... I'm just doing cartwheels, but at least I won't be a fraud about it

I'm throwing a party on this board every time a KEY MET Goes down

Just so everyone knows ... when that happens this is where the party will be held

I'll be doing backflips

Nady went down Ham....can you do a back flip?

Seriously lighten up. You come off as a 12 yeard old.

The line-up has been producing despite your injuries.

Yanks will get a outfielder soon enough.

Nady went down Ham....can you do a back flip?

Seriously lighten up. You come off as a 12 yeard old.

The line-up has been producing despite your injuries.

Yanks will get a outfielder soon enough.

Nady is not worth celebrating ... he's a journeyman POS who was playing over his head

I'll save my celebrations for the RIGHT GUYS ... I wanna see the Pedro's, Wright's, Wagner's GO DOWN ... I'll even settle for a career threatening injury to Milledge ... I Just wanna see the BIG GUNS hit the deck, then I'll throw a party

come on Ham, dont be as classless as JBF

What's the big deal ... even if they lose some of their best players, it will just give the Mets an opportunity to prove that good teams can win depsite injuries ... I'm just rooting for the Mets to show the rest of baseball how tough they are, how they can lose some of their best players and win anyway

I'm just biding my time now, but I'll throw a party on this board if a few of these BIG GUNS Go down for the season ... only because I'll be happy for the Mets ... then they can show the rest of baseball how injuries cannot derail them ... injuries don't matter, just ask GS :wink:

What about Karma, dude?

I can understand being a bit frustrated about Matsui, but why did you guys ever count on Sheff? Cashman should've been on the phone 2 weeks ago, if not March. With all the $$ George throws around, he should still be able to swing a trade without giving away much. That's what's fun about spending the most for 30 years in a row. Noone can take yours because they can't pay, but it's always shopping time for you. Lots of bottom-feeders looking to trim payroll.

Classy Yankee fans rear their ugly heads.

Luckily, Ham, I know that you don't really mean it.

You're wrong, Thor ... I do mean it ... but only because I realize now that injuries don't matter ... a few Met fans have set me straight, none more than GS ... they've made me understand that injuries are just an opportunity to show the rest of baseball how great you really are, or it just presents an opportunity to trade for better players

So OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART I'm hoping the Mets can experience these wonderful opportunities, and if they can, well, I'll be very happy for the Mets ... happy enough to throw a party on this board, and all Met fan will be invited, especially GS {cause no-one should be happier than him, not even me}

Ordinarily I never root for injuries, but now I see the light ... its actually a GOOD THING in a weird sort of way

Ham's crazy.:D

I'm a Met fan now ... diehard Met fans ... that's my second team now ... So I'm rooting FOR THE METS to make GS {my mentor} look like a Genuis

Me and GS will be throwing joint parties on this board when some KEY METS Go down ... we'll both be thrilled to death about it .... we wanna lose Pedro, Wagner, Wright, Reyes, DelGado, Beltran, heck Milledge too ... the more the merrier ... Just Gives us an opportunity to show the world what the Mets are made out of

You with me, GS? :thumbup:

NO PROBLEM

Injuries don't matter ... Good teams overcome injuries :wink:

"The best team wins, not the best three or four players," Jeter said. "Every team goes through this. The good teams overcome it, so we will see how good we are."

There you have it Ham.....argue with Capt Clutch.

"The best team wins, not the best three or four players," Jeter said. "Every team goes through this. The good teams overcome it, so we will see how good we are."

There you have it Ham.....argue with Capt Clutch.

What is he supposed to say ... might as well pack it in fellas, we're f**ked?

Of course he's gonna say that, he has no choice, the alternative is to quit believing you have a chance, and if you quit believing you have a chance, you're just going through the motions

That's just Jeter expressing his survival instinct, and it doesn't make him special, most men possess a survival instinct ... despite the odds ... most men possess a natural instinct to challenge insurmountable odds when their own survival is at stake

Now I wasn't there, I wasn't present, but I have a pretty idea what Custer's last word might have been at little big horn .... charge!!

What else was he gonna say at that point, knowing the fight could not be cancelled, could not be postponed, and the enemy was not interested in surrender, only their scalps?

At that point he had to believe they could still win, or lie to himself and convince the others, cause either way the alternative was the same .. too die

So yeah, you can offer up all of your theories about good teams winning despite injuries, and I suppose armies can win without soldiers as well ... maybe its not THE PEOPLE who play these games, maybe you'd like us all to believe THE PEOPLE are merely interchangable parts, and maybe it makes you feel superior to suggest that one who views otherwise is an excuse-maker, but I think you're theories are a lot of hot air

Joe Frazier had a shot to beat Muhammad Ali, HE HAD THAT ABILITY, but if Frazier got hurt and decided to use a substitute that night, perhaps one of his sparring partners, but let that sub use his boxing trunks {with Frazier inscribed on the front}, that wouldn't make his sparring partner Joe Frazier any more than it would make you or me Joe Frazier ... he may be a competent fraud, but HE'S NOT JOE FRAZIER, a fact {no doubt} Muhammed Ali would drive home the moment they ring that little bell

The trunks don't fight these fights .. the trunks don't make a Joe Frazier up to the task of defeating a Muhammed Ali .. ITS NOT ABOUT THE TRUNKS/UNIFORMS, ITS ABOUT THE MAN/MEN INSIDE THE TRUNKS/UNIFORMS .. doesn't matter if it says Frazier on the trunks or if the interlocking NYY is inscribed on the uniform, it's about THE PEOPLE inside the clothing that makes a fighter or a team special, and if you elimnate those who are special for those who are not, neither the trunks or uniform is going to save you from an @$$ kickin

Or you can spray cologne on manure and call it the pyramids, knock down the pyramids and replace it with that Giant sculpture of manure, but you know what ... that doesn't make it the pyramids ... its still JUST MANURE

Right now these are NOT THE YANKEES ... looks like the Yankees, wears the same uniform, but upon further inspection it's not even a cheap imitation ... its a sparring partner who has displayed some will to fight, WHICH IS ADMIRABLE, but its not the Yankee team that was built to fight for the title, that's for damn sure, but that happens in sports from time to time ... it doesn't matter HOW GOOD you might be if you can't suit up for battle ... if you have to send too many pretenders into the arena to do your fighting for you, verses formidable opponents, its only a matter of time before TALENT PREVAILS and those pretenders get their blocks knocked off

As Jerry Seinfeld once said, and it's so true ... WE {FANS} ROOT FOR THE LAUNDRY ... but don't ever confuse that for something else ... THE LAUNDRY doesn't win or lose these games, PEOPLE DO

Nady goes down = Insert Millege and move along.

Beltran Down = Insert Chavez and move along.

Floyd down = Insert Valentine and move along.

Same for he back of the rotation.

Yanks lose Matsui = insert Melky. (hell didn't Ham say he wouldn't trade him for Zito?).

Sheff goes down.....make a deal if the 200 million dollar payroll can't replace from the current roster.

Jeter and Mo are day to day and the Yanks just took 3 of 4 from the team with the best record in the AL.

Nady goes down = Insert Millege and move along.

Beltran Down = Insert Chavez and move along.

Floyd down = Insert Valentine and move along.

Same for he back of the rotation.

Yanks lose Matsui = insert Melky. (hell didn't Ham say he wouldn't trade him for Zito?).

Sheff goes down.....make a deal if the 200 million dollar payroll can't replace from the current roster.

Jeter and Mo are day to day and the Yanks just took 3 of 4 from the team with the best record in the AL.

Talking to you is useless, so I won't even bother

Here's the thing, you're too fixated on two things ...

1. You wanna see the Yankees lose so bad you can taste it, even if that means the whole f**kin team has to get hurt ... heck, you might even celebrate if the Yankees team plane crashed into the atlantic ocean

2. You want all of this misfortune to devistate the Yankees, TO INSURE FAILURE, but you still wish to maintain the PRETENSE that its the Yankees who are doing the losing ... again, even if the entire team perishes tomorrow and the Yankees field a AAA team ... but you still wish to pretend that the Yankees were destined to lose regardless

What can I say, I won't waste anymore time making a mockery of your little fantasies ... believe what you wanna believe ... every man has a right to be petty, envious, foolish, or what have you ... its a free country

I Just want you to know that I know EXACTLY where you're coming from ... you don't have me fooled ... not one iota ... Just so you know

Talking to you is useless, so I won't even bother

Here's the thing, you're too fixated on two things ...

1. You wanna see the Yankees lose so bad you can taste it, even if that means the whole f**kin team has to get hurt ... heck, you might even celebrate if the Yankees team plane crashed into the atlantic ocean

2. You want all of this misfortune to devistate the Yankees, TO INSURE FAILURE, but you still wish to maintain the PRETENSE that its the Yankees who are doing the losing ... again, even if the entire team perishes tomorrow and the Yankees field a AAA team ... but you still wish to pretend that the Yankees were destined to lose regardless

What can I say, I won't waste anymore time making a mockery of your little fantasies ... believe what you wanna believe ... every man has a right to be petty, envious, foolish, or what have you ... its a free country

I Just want you to know that I know EXACTLY where you're coming from ... you don't have me fooled ... not one iota ... Just so you know

Couldn't be further from the truth. I am in a cash league 7,500 1st place.

On my roster? Wang- Mariano AND Matsui.

I in no way root for Yankee injuries but will point out every time you try and make it into a bigger excuse issue then it really is.

By the way sport, the Yankees aren't losing. They just took 3 straight series after the Mets beat them so enough with your drama.

I am a Yankees fan...probably longer than anyone on this damn board other than SeniorFlaJet and I can never subscribe to any player getting injured...especially a New York team. I don't care if fans from other teams don't give us a pass for all these injuries that we're getting...let's play ball because I am enjoying the way the replacements are playing.

I am a Yankees fan...probably longer than anyone on this damn board other than SeniorFlaJet and I can never subscribe to any player getting injured...especially a New York team. I don't care if fans from other teams don't give us a pass for all these injuries that we're getting...let's play ball because I am enjoying the way the replacements are playing.

Agree.

Nice display of class by Ham.

I'm Just rooting for David Wright to shatter his knee, Carlos Beltran to break his arm, Jose Reyes to break his ankle, Pedro Martinez to blow out his arm, ditto Billy Wagner .. etc etc ... I Just wanna see METS GOING DOWN, f**k them all, I hope every one of them suffers a career threatening injury

I REALLY DO

yikes, hopefully this a goof, OR you have just showed that you take this stuff WAY too seriously,,

WAY too seriously,,

I thought you were over 25? Are you a teenager? seriously, are you a teenager?

If I was a yankee fan I would actually be glad some younger guys are stepping up and performing well- instead of some overpaid old veteran

Cano last year, Cabrera so far is looking 10 times better than last year call up

If I was a yankee fan I would actually be glad some younger guys are stepping up and performing well- instead of some overpaid old veteran

Cano last year, Cabrera so far is looking 10 times better than last year call up

Exactly faba! I am really enjoying this past week of Yankee baseball...perhaps the "boss" can take a cue from this all and forget about trying to sign all these prima donna types that can't perform once the NY lights go on.

GJH - get some help for your bipolar disorder.

It's JUNE 2......what is wrong with you people? One blown save and the bandwagon empties - only to fill on up after the next victory. If the Yankees can withstand the rash of injuries for a while longer - they may be able to buy their way into some health come July.

Geez what a bunch of pansies Yankee Fans are. "Whaaaa! I'm scared, Mariano is out of a couple of games.....Whaaaa!!! The Yankees lost......Whaaaa!!!! I can't walk around like a pompous, chest pounding peac*ck.....whaaa!!!!"

Get a grip, Yankee fans....

;)

GJH - get some help for your bipolar disorder.

It's JUNE 2......what is wrong with you people? One blown save and the bandwagon empties - only to fill on up after the next victory. If the Yankees can withstand the rash of injuries for a while longer - they may be able to buy their way into some health come July.

Geez what a bunch of pansies Yankee Fans are. "Whaaaa! I'm scared, Mariano is out of a couple of games.....Whaaaa!!! The Yankees lost......Whaaaa!!!! I can't walk around like a pompous, chest pounding peac*ck.....whaaa!!!!"

Get a grip, Yankee fans....

;)

How about you stop generalizing and direct your rants at who is actually bitching?

Agree.

This is a straight up dirtbag thread. Nice display of class by Ham.

I repeat, why does it matter?

If players get injured, why does it matter?

According to the Met fans on this board, injuries don't matter ... in fact they're a blessing in disguise because they give you a chance to prove that injuries don't matter, no matter how many players go down ... so I'm just rooting for the Mets to show the world how Great they are

I know the Met fans agree with me, they've already made that crystal clear ... especially GS

If you guys dont see the point ham is trying to make you need to look deeper than just this thread.

This is funny sh#t, nice job ham! :)

Thank You

Its not really the injuries I'm rooting, just an opportunity to expose the rank hypocrisy of the Yankee hating Met fans who are relishing the Yankees current misfortune with BS lines like injuries don't matter, that's baseball, blah blah blah ... I'd just love to see how they would react if the shoe was on the other foot ... but I already know they're hypocrites ... if their own team was decimated to this degree they would be leaping off the brooklyn bridge, but since its the Yankees, ITS ALL GOOD :thumbup:

Thank You

Its not really the injuries I'm rooting, just an opportunity to expose the rank hypocrisy of the Yankee hating Met fans who are relishing the Yankees current misfortune with BS lines like injuries don't matter, that's baseball, blah blah blah ... I'd just love to see how they would react if the shoe was on the other foot ... but I already know they're hypocrites ... if their own team was decimated to this degree they would be leaping off the brooklyn bridge, but since its the Yankees, ITS ALL GOOD :thumbup:

Ham-You know I love you to death, brother.

But, inside all of that passion that you have (and that is a gift to cherish for all of us), is the ability to overgeneralize, oversenstaionalize and overstate.

I know it is what makes you, you, but you are not happy unless it is you against the world. And the same for your sports teams.

While that is admirable, it is not always the truth.

I repeat, why does it matter?

If players get injured, why does it matter?

According to the Met fans on this board, injuries don't matter ... in fact they're a blessing in disguise because they give you a chance to prove that injuries don't matter, no matter how many players go down ... so I'm just rooting for the Mets to show the world how Great they are

I know the Met fans agree with me, they've already made that crystal clear ... especially GS

Ham don't make this about me to cover your childishness.

I said and always have said the level of injuries is not what you are trying to imply.

I started out with saying you lost 1 player long term in Matsui.

Now you have lost 2 with Sheffield.

The others are all day to day injuries which EVERY team deals with.

Again at 200 millin payroll you will not get symphathy from me if you cannot cover the loss of two players.

The Yankees have been winning with the kids so you are clearly seeking a pre-built in excuse should this team again not win despite it's excesses.

Ham-You know I love you to death, brother.

But, inside all of that passion that you have (and that is a gift to cherish for all of is), is the ability to overgeneralize, oversenstaionalize and overstate.

I know it is what makes you, you, but you are noty happy unless it is you against the world. And the same for your sports teams.

While that is admirable, it is not always the truth.

SD, I don't ask for much, all I ask for is sincerity

When some Yankee hater acts like these injuries are no big deal, I don't know, maybe so they can still have something to gloat about when the Yankees lose, they're insulting my intelligence because I know that's a crock of $hit and THEY KNOW IT TOO ... the people who are running that line of $hit know its a line of $hit ... and I'm supposed to, what, pretend that its sincere?

I'm not asking for pity ... #@%& THAT ... Just a bit of sincerity

If some Yankee hater says too me ... Hey, Sucks what's happened to you Guys, that's every fans worse nightmare, but I won't pretend I feel sorry for you guys and better you than us ... I'd tip my cap to that guy because I KNOW he's being sincere

But the horse$hit I've had to listen to on this board is just that, pure unadulterated horse$hit, and that's not worthy of my respect ... its insulting ... its a complete insult to my intelligence

YEAH RIGHT, half your team can get decimated by injuries and that's baseball ... doesn't matter ... you should win anyway ... blah blah blah ... complete and absolute horse$hit, and the guys who are trying to sell that line of $hit know its horse$hit every bit as much as me ... they pray something like this never happens to the teams they root for ... this is every fans worse nightmare ... period

Just don't be a bull$hit artist, man ... NO PITY, JUST KEEP IT REAL ... that's all it takes and I have no beef with that

Archived