Here's my season now, this is what its come too

Green Jets & Ham

Name half the team that is decimated for more than a game or two.

Sheffield and Matsui were our #3 and #4/5 hitters, two all-star cliber players, {also two thirds of our starting outfield} ... both have played a handful of games for this team, and both are possibly done for the season

Damon has been playing {on and off} with a broken foot

Posada has been playing {on and off} with a torn tendon in his knee ... can't even score from second on a basehit in the gap because his knee is a mess

Chacon is on the DL

Pavano has been gone all season

Strutze is done for the season

Jeter has been hurt for a few days

And now Mariano is walking around gingerly with a bad back

What more do you want ... the whole friggin team to be hurt?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damon is playing.

Posada is playing.

Jeter returns tonight.

Chacon returns next week.

Mo should be back in a a few days.

Pavano was not counted on for squat , even you have to agree.

Sturtze is a minor loss at best.

Like I said, the Yanks lost 2 players long term and you can bet your bottom dollar Steinbrenner will replace one of them with a star outfielder via trade/salary dump.

Sheffield and Matsui were our #3 and #4/5 hitters, two all-star cliber players, {also two thirds of our starting outfield}, brainiac ... and both have played a handful of games for this team, and both are possibly done for the season

Damon has been playing {on and off} with a broken foot

Posada has been playing {on and off} with a torn tendon in his knee ... can't even score from second on a basehit in the gap because his knee is a mess

Chacon is on the DL

Pavano has been gone all season

Strutze is done for the season

Jeter has been hurt for a few days

And now Mariano is walking around gingerly with a bad back

What more do you want ... the whole friggin team to be hurt?

dude, seriously, u need to get laid

Damon is playing.

Posada is playing.

Jeter returns tonight.

Like I said, the Yanks lost 2 players long term and you can bet your bottom dollar Steinbrenner will replace one of them with a star outfielder via trade/salary dump.

Posada is hurt though. Losing a starter Chacon to the DL is never a minor loss. Pavano has been hurt the whole time yes. But they still have to pay him and you guys love talking about payroll.

Sturtze was looked at to be the early season setup man. Luckily Proctor stepped up.

I predict no major trade for the Yankees. Small ball. They are winning without these guys. It will get them back to their roots. When the Yankees win it all this year they will say the injuries helped them become a Championship team.

Kind of ironic but sit back and watch. I like the way this current team plays.

Damon is playing.

Posada is playing.

Jeter returns tonight.

Serious Question

How many Games do you suspect the Mets might win if they lost two of their 3-4-5 hitters for essentially the entire season ... and then had numerous assorted injuries mixed in to other starters on and off all year?

95?

100?

105?

110?

NO WAIT, I GOT IT ... 120, right?

...did I ever tell you guys about my bully and the sandbox theory? You know, Yankees fans are the bullies of the sandbox. Then one day one of the kids they picked on decided to throw sand back in the bullies face. 'Wanna know what happened? The bully runs off sobbing.

Stop your cryin', GJH.

...did I ever tell you guys about my bully and the sandbox theory? You know, Yankees fans are the bullies of the sandbox. Then one day one of the kids they picked on decided to throw sand back in the bullies face. 'Wanna know what happened? The bully runs off sobbing.

Stop your cryin', GJH.

except us yankee fans would pound them into oblivion instead of running off

Posada is hurt though. Losing a starter Chacon to the DL is never a minor loss. Pavano has been hurt the whole time yes. But they still have to pay him and you guys love talking about payroll.

Sturtze was looked at to be the early season setup man. Luckily Proctor stepped up.

I predict no major trade for the Yankees. Small ball. They are winning without these guys. It will get them back to their roots. When the Yankees win it all this year they will say the injuries helped them become a Championship team.

Kind of ironic but sit back and watch. I like the way this current team plays.

Agree with you with the exception of the trade Max.

As for Chacon , you know every team deals with that and the Yanks won in his abscence.

Mets lost their 3-5 starters. Nady is out, Beltran and Floyd have missed time yet we don't term it as a decimation . Cards have Mulder, Edmonds on the DL. Rolen missed time......Jays lost Halladay for a time and Burnett long term....check out who the Dodgers rollout every day.

I may bust chops about the Yanks if Ham goes overboard as he is on this latest topic but I also offered congrats on last seasons turnaround when the Yanks came back from the dead.

Oh and who was the guy that initially declared last season over in June?

You guessed it... Ham.

You did not see me crying last year with the Jets and their injuries- you have to deal with your cards dealt- no one wants to hear complaining whether in business or sports or real life

except us yankee fans would pound them into oblivion instead of running off

This thread states otherwise. Yankee Fans - all talk when the going is good. Pansie-arse babies when things are bad.

Fags.

;)

NO YANKEE FANS ARE CRYING ABOUT THE DAMN INJURIES.

(We're still winning!)^^

Our point is to tell you schmucks to STFU when you say it

"not being a big deal yadayada".

EXACTLY

I'm not looking for pity and I'm not feeling sorry for myself .. I've been following sports long enough to know that this happens from time to time ... every now and then you just have one of those years when your team is snakebit by injuries and you just have to chalk it off to bad luck

It especially sucks coming on the heels of my football team suffering a similar fate, but that's the way the ball bounces

But don't tell me the Yankees are NOT snakebit by injuries this year or that these injuries don't matter, cause that's just a complete crock of horse$hit ... I've been watching the Yankees for 30+ Years and this is the worse I've ever seen, WORSE THAN 78, cause at least we didn't lose two of our best hitters for essentially the entire season in 78 ... at some point that team became whole again, but this team never will

All these other assorted injuries have just taken it to the theatre of the absurd, but like I said, $hit happens

:rolleyes:

It's a sad day when GJH feels validated by Barton. It's like Batman bending over for Robin.

First off, I'm in good company ... he's a good kid and he's not a phony

Secondly, he's the only one who's paying attention ... actually paying attention

Other might be paying attention as well, but it doesn't jibe with their agenda so they'd rather play dumb

Other might be paying attention as well, but it doesn't jibe with their agenda so they'd rather play dumb

What's the agenda?

VERY SIMPLE

The Yankee haters DO NOT want to relinquish their right to gloat when the Yankees lose, so the entire team could be lost in a plane crash and they'd still continue to play dumb, to act as if these Yankees should win despite their misfortune, otherwise there's nothing left to gloat about

The Yankee haters have waited a decade for this opportunity, for the Yankees to NOT even be around come October, so they're not gonna relinquish this opportunity easily ... on the one hand they are thrilled to death with the injuries {the more the merrier}, but OTOH they need to pretend these injuries DON'T MATTER so they can still have something to gloat about

THAT'S THE AGENDA, and I see right through it ... cause I don't fool easy :wink:

What's the agenda?

VERY SIMPLE

The Yankee haters DO NOT want to relinquish their right to gloat when the Yankees lose, so the entire team could be lost in a plane crash and they'd still continue to play dumb, to act as if these Yankees should win despite their misfortune, otherwise there's nothing left to gloat about

The Yankee haters have waited a decade for this opportunity, for the Yankees to NOT even be around come October, so they're not gonna relinquish this opportunity easily ... on the one hand they are thrilled to death with the injuries {the more the merrier}, but OTOH they need to pretend these injuries DON'T MATTER so they can still have something to gloat about

THAT'S THE AGENDA, and I see right through it ... cause I don't fool easy :wink:

You are a fool sometimes Ham but a great read in a tabloid sorta way.

Losing????

The Yanks have won 7 of their last 10 and have went 18-11 since May 1.

The team is not "losing". The only attack on you is for your glorification of two long term injuries to translate as the team is "decimated". Not happening Ham.

You will have to look to teenagers for agreement on that topic.

See the Dodger-Cards-Cubs-Jays or any of the other teams that have been mentioned who have been hit hard with injuries.

None of their fans are posting these grandiose excuse threads while the team is "winning" no less. Injuries are part of sports but if any team has the resources to handle, it is the Yanks.

As to waiting for a decade:

Last year the Yanks were under .500 early. You must remember as you called off the season on THREE different occassions and then celebrated the division later thus the name Mayor of Mulligan's Island was bestowed upon you.

Anyway, if there are Yankee haters with agendas wouldn't we have been all over the team LAST year? I actually supported the team more than you did posting that the team was too good to not make the play-offs.

Truce Ham...many of us just disagree with you on this one.

You are a fool sometimes Ham but a great read in a tabloid sorta way.

Losing????

The Yanks have won 7 of their last 10 and have went 18-11 since May 1.

The team is not "losing". The only attack on you is for your glorification of two long term injuries to translate as the team is "decimated". Not happening Ham.

You will have to look to teenagers for agreement on that topic.

See the Dodger-Cards-Cubs-Jays or any of the other teams that have been mentioned who have been hit hard with injuries.

None of their fans are posting these grandiose excuse threads while the team is "winning" no less. Injuries are part of sports but if any team has the resources to handle, it is the Yanks.

As to waiting for a decade:

Last year the Yanks were under .500 early. You must remember as you called off the season on THREE different occassions and then celebrated the division later thus the name Mayor of Mulligan's Island was bestowed upon you.

Anyway, if there are Yankee haters with agendas wouldn't we have been all over the team LAST year? I actually supported the team more than you did posting that the team was too good to not make the play-offs.

Truce Ham...many of us just disagree with you on this one.

See that's the thing, GS ... you hit on it in this post, you just worded it differently than me ... for you its about NOT giving the Yankees an excuse to fail, under no circumstances, period

I would add, that's about preserving your right to gloat ... which is fine, but I'm not buying it cause this is NOT our team ... this is NOT a fair fight ... this is not OUR TEAM as constructed to make a run, its a shell of the team we had in mind ... with two of our 3-4-5 hitters essentially lost for the season, and numerous other assorted injuries, THIS TEAM is a shell of the team that was built to make a run

Lastly, I contend that if this happened to any other team we would all be in agreement ... wow, poor slobs, if it wasn't for bad luck they wouldn't have any luck at all this year ... oh well, better them than us

Everybody would be in agreement about that if this happened to any other team ... I think we all feel that way about the Cubs ... but because its the Yankees that makes it unique on so many levels

1. No-one is gonna shed a tear for the Yankees, nor should they, and I wouldn't have it any other way

2. Some folks have waited too long for this opportunity ... decade plus ... gloating about it is part of the fun ... so the last thing they want to do is offer the Yankees even a tacit excuse to fail, thus they are in complete denial about HOW HARD this team has been snakebit by injuries in 2006, for fear that any acknowledgment might be construed as even a tacit admission that this team is really behind the 8-Ball this year, and that might make the gloating a little less fun

I mean, its hard to gloat about beating up a cripple, isn't it?

As for the recent win %, any team can sustain a few injuries for a week or two, but no team can sustain such crippling injuries for 162 ... big difference ... nite and day

OK Hammer, you're on the clock and there are NO Mulligan's.

There are also no "if this" or "if that" happens in your answer.

From what you know today and have rambled on and on and on and on about for the last 48 hours:

1.)Do the Yankees play meaningful games in September?

2.) Do the Yankees make the play-offs?

3.) Do the Yankees win a post season series?

OK Hammer, you're on the clock and there are NO Mulligan's.

There are also no "if this" or "if that" happens in your answer.

From what you know today and have rambled on and on and on and on about for the last 48 hours:

1.)Do the Yankees play meaningful games in September?

2.) Do the Yankees make the play-offs?

3.) Do the Yankees win a post season series?

Its impossible to say for sure ... ask me after the trade deadline

Assuming Matsui and Shef are essentially lost for the season, which seems like a pretty safe bet at this point, I'd be inclinded to believe this Yankee team {as currently constituted} cannot make the playoffs in 2006, not even a wild card ... I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see how even the Yankees can lose two of their 3-4-5 hitters and both of their corner outfielders for essentially the entire season and still make the playoffs ... not even the Yankees can pull that miracle off in my view

But I have to see what happens prior to the deadline to offer any definitive opinions on this matter

JUST BEING HONEST

GJH - You are one of the better posters on this messageboard (realizing that is akin to be the smartest guy on the short bus), but you are so full of $hit on this "woe is thy Yankees.".

First, You can not compare injuries to the Yankees to other teams because no one is in the same financial neighborhood. These 'heroic' Yankees minus A-Rod, Mariano, Shef and Matsui and starting one of their 'bargin' basement starters was able to field a team that cost over 82 million tonight. Which is more then the total cost of the Orioles and 16 other teams. Once A-Rod is over his sniffles and runny nose' the total payroll will be well over 100 million and back to challenging Boston for number 2 on the payroll list.

Second, the is NOT our team ... this is NOT a fair fight ... this is not OUR TEAM as constructed to make a run' is pure BS. Any team that counts on their starting line-up, whether it is 11, 9, 22 or 5, to be avilable for every game is making a grave error. Especially, in the six month grind that is baseball. Which goes back to point number 1, the Yankees have the payroll to afford it and they have not even really begun to flex their financial muscle.

Last, As for the recent win %, any team can sustain a few injuries for a week or two, but no team can sustain such crippling injuries for 162 ... big difference ... nite and day" is a fallacy. Look at the 2005 season and at the AL East for proof teams can overcome injuries for a prolonged period of time if they have money and great performances from other players. Our respective teams, over came serious injuries to our starting rotations and bullpens, but still managed to be tied for the third most wins in baseball.

The bottomline is the Yankees will get back A-Rod and Mariano and will be able to field a team that will cost in excess of a 160 million dollars. Which is still 40 million more then Boston and at least 60 million more then everyone else. Give up the pityfest. No smart baseball fan or even the mildly retarded ones are buying what you are trying to sell.

The Yankees will make the postseason and will win at least the first series. Losing Sheff helps them I hope he is out for the year. They need to rid themselves of him, it might as well be now.

Offense is not the Yankees problem. Pitching...they go as far as Randy can take them. It is that simple.

With every injury the Yankees team defense improves.

GJH - You are one of the better posters on this messageboard (realizing that is akin to be the smartest guy on the short bus), but you are so full of $hit on this "woe is thy Yankees.".

First, You can not compare injuries to the Yankees to other teams because no one is in the same financial neighborhood. These 'heroic' Yankees minus A-Rod, Mariano, Shef and Matsui and starting one of their 'bargin' basement starters was able to field a team that cost over 82 million tonight. Which is more then the total cost of the Orioles and 16 other teams. Once A-Rod is over his sniffles and runny nose' the total payroll will be well over 100 million and back to challenging Boston for number 2 on the payroll list.

Second, the is NOT our team ... this is NOT a fair fight ... this is not OUR TEAM as constructed to make a run' is pure BS. Any team that counts on their starting line-up, whether it is 11, 9, 22 or 5, to be avilable for every game is making a grave error. Especially, in the six month grind that is baseball. Which goes back to point number 1, the Yankees have the payroll to afford it and they have not even really begun to flex their financial muscle.

Last, As for the recent win %, any team can sustain a few injuries for a week or two, but no team can sustain such crippling injuries for 162 ... big difference ... nite and day" is a fallacy. Look at the 2005 season and at the AL East for proof teams can overcome injuries for a prolonged period of time if they have money and great performances from other players. Our respective teams, over came serious injuries to our starting rotations and bullpens, but still managed to be tied for the third most wins in baseball.

The bottomline is the Yankees will get back A-Rod and Mariano and will be able to field a team that will cost in excess of a 160 million dollars. Which is still 40 million more then Boston and at least 60 million more then everyone else. Give up the pityfest. No smart baseball fan or even the mildly retarded ones are buying what you are trying to sell.

Here's what Mets/Bosox fans absolutely refuse to accept, fish

When the Yankees lost Matsui and Shef, and lets be honest, both have pretty much been lost for the entire season ... they lost 60+ HR's/230+ RBI in the middle of their batting order ... how is that not a devistating blow for ANY TEAM?

So who has taken their place?

Melky Cabrera?

Would he start for the Red Sox? ... NO!!

Would he start for the Mets? ... NO!!

Terrance Long?

Would he start for the Red Sox? ... NO!!

Would he start for the Mets? ... NO!!

Let's be real, man ... these guys are friggin role players ... Long was picked up off the waiver wire and Melky is a nice prospect, but very green and still lacking in any power production ... I mean, neither are in the same universe as SHEF and MATSUI, that's for damn sure

AM I WRONG?

NO, I AM NOT WRONG ... forget the Red Sox and Mets, I'm not even sure if these cats would start for the Royals ... and Guess what, teams like the Royals are built to lose, its a forgone conclusion before the season even starts, so big deal if these cats WOULD start for the Royals, they were not meant to be starters in 2006 for a team that was built to contend!!

You Guys bring up teams like the Royals, as if the Yankees are supposed to be satisfied with their current plight because some of these Z-LIST REPLACEMENTS might start for KC ... well Guess what, that's why KC loses a 100 Games!!, but the Yankees were not built to lose!!

You know who WAS supposed to be the Yankees starting corner outfielders this year, and middle of the order thumpers as well?

MATSUI AND SHEF ... 60+/230+ {conservative estimate} ... but instead we have Melky, Long and a way past his prime Bernie Williams {which also opened up a spot for Andy Phillips, and he wouldn't start for the Mets or Sox either} ... so please don't tell me the Yankees haven't taken a HUGE HIT, because THEY HAVE ... HUGE HIT ... MASSIVE HIT ... that's the only way to classify losing 60+/230+ from the middle of your BO, on ANY TEAM, including the Yankees who have replaced both of these ALL STAR CALIBER PLAYERS with players who cannot even shine their cleets!

And that's not even mentioning the other injuries ... Posada in and out of the lineup with a torn tendon in his knee {out of the lineup again last nite}, replaced by some stumble-bum {Stinett} who's barely hitting .200

Damon in and out of the lineup with a broken foot ... that makes OUR ENTIRE STARTING OUTFIELD when he's out ... ALL 3 {RF, CF, and LF} ... ALL 3 players we had penciled in as the starters on opening day and ALL THREE 1-5 hitters who are ALL-STAR caliber players

Chacon, who was HUGE for the Yankees in 2005, has also been on the DL

Mariano is now out with a bad back, and if that becomes a lingering issue {as is often the case with back injuries}, you might as well stick a fork in the Yankees RIGHT NOW

Sturtze out for the season ... yeah, he was awful before he went on the DL, but that's because {AS WE NOW KNOW} the man was pitching with a bum arm ... prior to that, when healthy, he was a very good middle releiver for the Yankees

I Just don't see how you can minimize the damage that has been done to this team via injuries ... I'm NOT asking for pity, but I just don't see how you can minimize the damage with a straight face ... maybe you guys just hate the Yankees SO MUCH that you are completely blinded to reality, I don't know, but to minimize the hit this team has taken with injuries is, well, as I said earlier, just a complete crock

Again, not asking for pity and I don't want it .. JUST KEEPIN IT REAL .. I'm not even saying the Yankees are the only ones, the Cubs have been devistated by injuries as well, but that doesn't mean the Yankees havent, it just means they have some company ... and it's no consolation to suggest the Royals might start some of the players we're starting now, cause unlike the Royals the Yankees were not built to lose 100 Games, they were built to win 100 Games

PS. I know this all rings hollow now, with the Yankees winning games despite their injuries, but I'm not referring to a few weeks of baseball, I'm referring to 162 ... losing that 60+/230+ in the middile of the order, OVER 162, and not even counting other injuries, well, that alone is a devistating blow

The Yankees will make the postseason and will win at least the first series. Losing Sheff helps them I hope he is out for the year. They need to rid themselves of him, it might as well be now.

Offense is not the Yankees problem. Pitching...they go as far as Randy can take them. It is that simple.

With every injury the Yankees team defense improves.

Max gets it. Pfsikh does as well.

The Yanks started the season with a All-Star or ex All-Star at every position but 2nd base.

They throw 17 million at a set-up guy and 52 mill at a CF with injury problems yet we are to feel sorry or believe that the loss of 2 of those All-Stars (one who was actually dropped to 6th in the order as it was so stacked with talent) will decimate the teams chances of winning.

Randy and Wrights performances along with the Proctor's and Farnsworth's will determine the Yanks fortune, not whether they field a murderers row line-up 1-9 or not.

Last week Ham wouldn't trade Melky for Zito..... today for "decimation" purposes, Melky is a "role" player.

Sheff also played 30 games but we are led to believe he's been out all season.

Damon has missed what 3 games?

Ham gets his wish as Mets may be without Beltran and Nady today.;)

GJH

When Max is the voice of reason, this world is in trouble.

Pitching and Defense wins championships.

Having those 60 HRs and 230 RBIs did not do you any good last season. Or the year before that. Or the year before that. Or the year before that...get my point?

Do you know the last team that won the championship that hit as many homeruns as the 2004 Red Sox (222)? The 1961 Yankees.

For all the hitting Big Papi delivered, it was the lights out pitching of Schilling and his bloody sock. Derek Lowe....who could barely get anybody out during the season winning the deciding game in all three series. Pedro pitching better in the PS then he did in the RS. Foulkie and the bullpen closing down games when the Sox had a lead.

Somehow, I think a Randy-Moose 1-2 punch with Mariano closing will have the Yankees among the favorties for the title. I am sorry the Yankees' fantasy baseball team is sunk, but the one that actually plays is still in pretty good shape. That is the truth whether you want to admit it or not. Give up the self absorbed pity party.

The Yankees have lost every year since they started throwing money around. Just like the 80's. Carl Pavano = Dave Lapoint. Jaret Wright = Andy Hawkins. Over simplified but the corner outfielders are not what is winning this thing.

Damon - Jeter - Giambi - ARod

That is a brutal 1 - 4. Wrap some friggin role players around that. Guys that can catch and throw and you will be fine. IF YOU CAN PITCH.

Mo is a given. This back injury thing is bull****. Not saying he didn't hurt his back. Just saying he didn't do it tying his shoe. Cmon. They were out at a strip club and he had 2 girls giving him a lap dance. Since he weighs 112 pounds himself the combined stripper weight caused the back strain. It is a cover up. We will read about it in a book in like 8 years.

Anyway...Mo closes the games. If Randy can't win 2 games in a postseason series the Yankees go home. Moose, Chacon, Wang....you run those guys out there. But if Randy doesn't step up they don't have enough to get it done.

Im far to lazy to read this entire thread but I will say 1 thing.

The Yankees are getting killked by injuries this yr. Only a YANKEE HATER OR A REJECT WOULD SAY OTHERWISE.

Im not making any excuses for them but watching these Yankee haters gather in a feeding frenzy on Ham is comical. Get a ****ing clue for once.

Damon- Broken foot

Sheff-Broken hand

Matsui- Broken wrist

Sturtze- Done

Posada- Torn Hamstring

Rivera- Bad back

Bubba Crosby- Hamstring

S. Chacon- DL

Pavano- Back

Not to mention the other yankees playing thru injuries right now.

Damon is playing.

Posada is playing.

Jeter returns tonight.

I can't stand Mets fans. Everytime you Mets fans open your mouths I wanna shovel dirt in them.

I can't stand Mets fans. Everytime you Mets fans open your mouths I wanna shovel dirt in them.

Facts are facts. You lost two players of importance.

The rest is all day to day crap and don't give me the Crosby's and Sturtzes of the world as being revelant players.

Ham was over dramatizing the crap out of the situation and you know it.

Facts are facts. You lost two players of importance.

The rest is all day to day crap and don't give me the Crosby's and Sturtzes of the world as being revelant players.

Ham was over dramatizing the crap out of the situation and you know it.

I don't think you can dispute the fact that the Yankees are being crushed by injuries. My point is that they should still win.

Archived