ALL Mike Vick News (Merged 39X)

StillerPaul

Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid

• Bad-ass thug
    • Misunderstood City kid

It's amazing how all the money in the world can't cleanse the gutter stank from some people.

This is the bottom line brass tax. Guys like Chris Carter who managed to clean up their acts are in the very small minority. The majority of football players with checkered pasts typically keep doing it after they get paid in the NFL. In fact probably more so since they now have funding to support their idiocy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/10151757

Unreal, he could be suspended worse than Pacman.

If that were true and I was the owner of the Saints I would release Vick. I can never feel comfortable endorsing anyone who abuses animals in that manner. In a lot of ways, this seems much worse than some of the things PacMan has done. If I am the NFL commissioner and this is true, I suspend Vick for a very long time. It is a sickening thought. Maybe the Falcons DO need to trade up into the top 3 now, but for Quinn and not Johnson. Man, what a dumb move keeping Vick and trading Schaub.

If that were true and I was the owner of the Saints I would release Vick. I can never feel comfortable endorsing anyone who abuses animals in that manner. In a lot of ways, this seems much worse than some of the things PacMan has done. If I am the NFL commissioner and this is true, I suspend Vick for a very long time. It is a sickening thought. Maybe the Falcons DO need to trade up into the top 3 now, but for Quinn and not Johnson. Man, what a dumb move keeping Vick and trading Schaub.

Initially i really thought Vick was going to be the one to get shipped out. Ton's of teams would like to be able to fill the stands, and sell jersey's with this pot-head's name on it. With the way they were grasping onto Schaub, i really thought this was gonna happen...maybe they are just smarter than me.

maybe not...

Im not a fan of Vick... but booing him for the VaTech shooting thing they were doing wasnt very clasy...

I don't see the big deal, him being there isn't classy. This is a criminal who has no respect for the law, they weren't booing him, they were booing the fact that he was there to sully to moment.

Im not a fan of Vick... but booing him for the VaTech shooting thing they were doing wasnt very clasy...

Neither is mangling dogs at your mansion. I like that the fans do not approve of the bum, but you're right, the venue they are at is probably not the place.

Neither is mangling dogs at your mansion. I like that the fans do not approve of the bum, but you're right, the venue they are at is probably not the place.

Trust me... part of me was thrilled they booed that moron... I just thought it was poor timing to do it during the VT thing...

• 2 weeks later...

wow, how long until this thread gets closed too...

honestly i think he knew about it, but even if he didn't, it was happening on his property, and he shouldn't own property if he can't pay closer attention to it than what he claims he was. they put in cement pads for the kennels and all. and there were even webpages about the kennels/business, and it included vicks name.

wow, how long until this thread gets closed too...

honestly i think he knew about it, but even if he didn't, it was happening on his property, and he shouldn't own property if he can't pay closer attention to it than what he claims he was. they put in cement pads for the kennels and all. and there were even webpages about the kennels/business, and it included vicks name.

link?

I gotta see this...

Videotapes sought of Vick watching dog fights

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

May 15, 2007

The lead investigator in the case of dog-fighting accusations against Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick said Monday that she believes there is substantial evidence to eventually tie Vick directly to the felony crime.

That evidence could eventually include videotapes of Vick at matches. Kathy Strouse, the Animal Control coordinator for the City of Chesapeake in Virginia, said Monday that she has received a tip from what is described as a "reliable source" that tapes of Vick exist that would tie him directly to the burgeoning scandal and a possible felony charge.

"We don't know where (the tapes) are or if they do indeed exist, but I have been told that they are out there," said Strouse, who is also affiliated with two other organizations involved in the welfare of animals. "Without knowing where they are, there's no possibility of getting a search warrant at this point."

Strouse said she has also talked with individuals who can "put Vick on that property" during matches. However, those individuals have been reluctant to testify at this point, leaving much of the evidence against Vick that has become public at this point as circumstantial.

Last month, Vick's residence in Smithfield, Va., was raided and dog-fighting paraphernalia was confiscated. Vick initially denied any knowledge of the situation, blaming family and friends for the operation. However, Vick declined to comment on the advice of attorneys when approached at the Falcons' mini-camp over the weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Regardless, Strouse said she is "very confident" about eventually tying Vick directly to the dog fighting based on the evidence she and other investigators have gathered. The information has come after years of talk throughout the Newport News area where Vick grew up that he has been involved in dog fighting.

For her part, Strouse was not backing down and essentially challenged Surry County Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter to charge Vick. Last week, Poindexter made statements indicating he was reluctant to charge anyone with dog fighting.

"He was at the home and saw the equipment that we seized," Strouse said of Poindexter. "When we were there, he said he had enough right there to issue an indictment. He didn't say who he would indict, but he said he had enough.

"Now, with what he has said, it makes you think, 'What in the world is going on in Surry County?' This certainly doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about the Surry County attorney," Strouse said.

Poindexter did not return a call from Yahoo! Sports on Monday.

Dog fighting is a felony in 48 states and is a misdemeanor in Idaho and Wyoming. In Virginia, a conviction can carry up to five years in prison and/or a fine of up to $2,500, Strouse said.

Before the NFL draft in late April, Vick met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss the situation. In addition, Falcons owner Arthur Blank has expressed growing concern with the investigation.

Earlier this offseason, the Falcons traded backup Matt Schaub to the Houston Texans and later signed veteran Joey Harrington to be Vick's primary backup. However, Harrington is not seen as a long-term solution.

On Friday, Vick politely told a group of approximately 30 reporters that he wasn't going to discuss the latest controversy and that the only thing on his mind was football.

"It is still under investigation, and once it is over, we will talk about it. As of right now, I cannot talk about the situation," Vick said. His lone departure from that was to say: "Don't plan on talking about me anymore unless it's about football."

While Vick's non-answer was predictable, it was also an interesting backtrack from only two weeks before. On April 27, the day before the draft, Vick was in New York to promote the NFL Quarterback Challenge. At the time, Vick was asked about the investigation in Virginia and disassociated himself from the house and the investigators' findings.

Vick's response was quickly refuted. According to several media outlets, neighbors said that Vick was seen in the area regularly and had even purchased materials such as syringes, which are often used in the training of dogs for fighting.

On Friday, NFL scout, one-time Yahoo! Sports analyst and current FOX Sports Radio host Chris Landry took it a step further during an interview on 620 WDAE in Tampa, Fla. Landry said that Ray Buchanan, a former Atlanta defensive back, told him that Vick has been involved in dog fighting for years.

"(Buchanan) tells me that Michael has been into this dog fighting for so long that

So just because he was watching a dog fight at his house we are supposed to belive that he had first hand knowledge that this was indeed taking place? Did the dogs ever express to him that they didn't want to fight?

Seems like this case is built on a house of cards!

(Before anyone yells at me, I am not making fun of dogs or dof fighting. I love dogs. I am making fun of how stupid Vick seems to be).

They're going to keep pushing and digging till they finally have enough to charge Vick. It's only a matter of time. This Strouse woman sounds like a real pit bull. :P

'"sounds like a real Pit Bull"

gotta tell you, that's some funny stuff. That made me laugh out loud.

They're going to keep pushing and digging till they finally have enough to charge Vick. It's only a matter of time. This Strouse woman sounds like a real pit bull. :P

funny stuff, i'm gonna give it a potw nom, even at the risk of being attacked by a rabbid poster.

So just because he was watching a dog fight at his house we are supposed to belive that he had first hand knowledge that this was indeed taking place? Did the dogs ever express to him that they didn't want to fight?

Seems like this case is built on a house of cards!

(Before anyone yells at me, I am not making fun of dogs or dof fighting. I love dogs. I am making fun of how stupid Vick seems to be).

:rl: no the dogs never spoke up for fear of being fingered

California congressman asks for strong action against Vick

By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP Sports Writer

May 20, 2007

AP - May 18, 5:52 pm EDT

More Photos

A California congressman has joined the cause against Michael Vick, firing off a letter Friday that urged NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to "act swiftly and forcefully" if the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in dog fighting on his former property.

U.S. Rep. Tom Lantos (D-Calif.) pointed out that he's a senior member of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which two years ago held highly publicized hearings on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports.

Lantos raised the prospect of government intervention if the NFL fails to discipline Vick.

"I am outraged that one of the National Football League's superstars is affiliated with such a heinous enterprise," Lantos wrote.

Last month, police raided a Virginia home owned by Vick and allegedly found evidence of a major dog-fighting operation, including dozens off malnourished and injured dogs. The quarterback has denied any wrongdoing, and no criminal charges have been filed against him.

Vick has since sold the home.

"The level of cruelty involved in exploiting animals to the point that 60 malnourished and injured dogs were removed from Mr. Vick's property is mind boggling," Lantos said. "I will view anything less than the strongest repudiation of Mr. Vick's involvement as tacit support for this atrocious activity."

The NFL has said repeatedly it is investigating the case to determine if Vick violated the commissioner's tougher standards for players who run afoul of the law. Reached Friday, Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts reiterated the team's policy of not commenting until the investigation is completed.

Calling himself a longtime advocate of animal welfare, Lantos joined two prominent animals rights groups that have called on Goodell to suspend or ban any players involved in dog fighting.

"As evidence of Mr. Vick's involvement mounts, I implore you to act swiftly and forcefully," the congressman wrote. "Your strong rebuke of dog fighting -- and those who promote it -- will send the message that this all-too-prevalent practice has no place in a civilized society."

In a not-so-subtle threat of possible congressional action, Lantos reminded the commissioner of his committee's efforts to weed out those who use performance-enhancing drugs.

"I also suggest you educate your players on the illegality and cruelty of dog fighting to prevent this from happening again," Lantos wrote. "It is my hope that the issue of animal fighting will not require us to further investigate the behavior of your athletes."

Gee California doesn't even have a NFL team :-k . Anyway now that "big brother " is getting involved Vick is F'd. I'm sure Vick just wants this to quietly go away but it doesn't look like it's going to.

You mean besides San Fransisco, San Diego, and Oakland? ;):P

Good work congressman! That's exactly why the people of America voted you into office, not the economy or public safety or anything like that, who cares about silly things like that? Foreign policy? Pah, the only foreign policy I'm concerned about is what goes on with the New England football club! What is E-Rack anyway? Some type of online webstore?

Glad to see all our problems have been solved such that COngress can devote the necessary time to the critical issue of whether Ron Mexico gets to throw incomplete passes each fall Sunday. What a country!

Glad to see all our problems have been solved such that COngress can devote the necessary time to the critical issue of whether Ron Mexico gets to throw incomplete passes each fall Sunday. What a country!

I was thinking the same exact thing

=D>

California congressman asks for strong action against Vick

By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP Sports Writer

May 20, 2007

AP - May 18, 5:52 pm EDT

More Photos

A California congressman has joined the cause against Michael Vick, firing off a letter Friday that urged NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to "act swiftly and forcefully" if the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in dog fighting on his former property.

U.S. Rep. Tom Lantos (D-Calif.) pointed out that he's a senior member of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which two years ago held highly publicized hearings on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports.

Lantos raised the prospect of government intervention if the NFL fails to discipline Vick.

"I am outraged that one of the National Football League's superstars is affiliated with such a heinous enterprise," Lantos wrote.

Last month, police raided a Virginia home owned by Vick and allegedly found evidence of a major dog-fighting operation, including dozens off malnourished and injured dogs. The quarterback has denied any wrongdoing, and no criminal charges have been filed against him.

Vick has since sold the home.

"The level of cruelty involved in exploiting animals to the point that 60 malnourished and injured dogs were removed from Mr. Vick's property is mind boggling," Lantos said. "I will view anything less than the strongest repudiation of Mr. Vick's involvement as tacit support for this atrocious activity."

The NFL has said repeatedly it is investigating the case to determine if Vick violated the commissioner's tougher standards for players who run afoul of the law. Reached Friday, Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts reiterated the team's policy of not commenting until the investigation is completed.

Calling himself a longtime advocate of animal welfare, Lantos joined two prominent animals rights groups that have called on Goodell to suspend or ban any players involved in dog fighting.

"As evidence of Mr. Vick's involvement mounts, I implore you to act swiftly and forcefully," the congressman wrote. "Your strong rebuke of dog fighting -- and those who promote it -- will send the message that this all-too-prevalent practice has no place in a civilized society."

In a not-so-subtle threat of possible congressional action, Lantos reminded the commissioner of his committee's efforts to weed out those who use performance-enhancing drugs.

"I also suggest you educate your players on the illegality and cruelty of dog fighting to prevent this from happening again," Lantos wrote. "It is my hope that the issue of animal fighting will not require us to further investigate the behavior of your athletes."

You would think the congressman would have more important things to do for his constitutents which are completely unaffected by whatever was going on at Vick's house.

Good work congressman! That's exactly why the people of America voted you into office, not the economy or public safety or anything like that, who cares about silly things like that? Foreign policy? Pah, the only foreign policy I'm concerned about is what goes on with the New England football club! What is E-Rack anyway? Some type of online webstore?

Putting an end to these terrible dog fighting rings would improve public safety. These dogs are trained to be extremely and unnaturally violent, which leads to a good majority of dog attacks on humans, sometimes leading to death.

I was thinking the same exact thing

=D>

You would think the congressman would have more important things to do for his constitutents which are completely unaffected by whatever was going on at Vick's house.

So they can't multi-task? Do you guys honestly feel that law-makers should only handle one issue at a time? Professional athletes are becoming larger than life and feel like they can get away with murder; oh wait, one already has be there and done that. These guys have enough money to manipulate our judicial system and are able to break laws repeatedly without consequences. It is time to level the playing field a tad. I do not necessarily agree with the governments handling of the steroid issue, but I cannot fault a congressman for being concerned with the welfare of animals. I have no problem with the government getting involved here, as felonies are usually serious matters and the congressman did say that he will basically wait to see how the NFL handles the issue.

The police and district attorney handle the capture and prosecution of criminals. Quite obviously, congress CAN'T multi-task, after all, they only show up to the meetings what, 10-20 times a year? So of those 20 times they're actually doing something, you're okay with an entire meeting being devoted to something that should be handled by someone else, while the truly important things are being ignored?

Exactly what has the letter achieved? I'm glad our president doesn't waste time on matters such as this, at least he puts effort into what he's supposed to be doing.

What f'ng idiots they sound like. What Vick has done is horrible, and illegal and his punishment should be swift and harsh. The NFL cannot affords to be associated with doig fighting. For Samuels and Portis to defend him as no big deal is insane.

Why? How is this not important? If the NFL does nothing it condones this activity passively. If it condones it, many of the children of the senator's constituency would take it that dog fighting is acceptable behavior. I think that what the Congressman did is a good use of his time and important. And really, how much time did it really take away form other things? AN hour at most?

Putting an end to these terrible dog fighting rings would improve public safety. These dogs are trained to be extremely and unnaturally violent, which leads to a good majority of dog attacks on humans, sometimes leading to death.

So they can't multi-task? Do you guys honestly feel that law-makers should only handle one issue at a time? Professional athletes are becoming larger than life and feel like they can get away with murder; oh wait, one already has be there and done that. These guys have enough money to manipulate our judicial system and are able to break laws repeatedly without consequences. It is time to level the playing field a tad. I do not necessarily agree with the governments handling of the steroid issue, but I cannot fault a congressman for being concerned with the welfare of animals. I have no problem with the government getting involved here, as felonies are usually serious matters and the congressman did say that he will basically wait to see how the NFL handles the issue.

There is alot more going on in the world that I would think take a bit of precedence over some QB and his dog fighting ring.

1) People are being taxed out of their homes

2) The price of gasoline is going through the roof

3) A war

This is just a guy looking to get some face time (as our most politicians). They only care for themselves and helping their friends. 99% of the politicians in this country give a rats @ss about the people.

It is all about filling their pockets and getting the publicity needed to take the next step.

Archived