Albert Pujols is SICK

Smizzy

April 2, 2005 2:10 PM ET

Cardinals: Pujols finishes spring with no Ks

The News

Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols went 2-for-4 in Friday's game against the Orioles and finished the spring with a .458 batting average, six homers, and 20 RBI in 21 games. Even more incredible, though, is the fact that Pujols did not strike out in any of his 68 plate appearances.

Our View

Apparently Pujols is an up-and-coming slugger in the Cardinals' system, but this is the first we heard of him. Fantasy owners might want to think about picking him for their team. (end sarcasm)

If he was, say, a Yankee, would you dismiss it then? :roll:

quite franky, I could care less if Pujols was on steroids. I just hate Bonds because he's going to break aarons and ruths record and he is DEFINETLY a steroid user.

quite franky, I could care less if Pujols was on steroids. I just hate Bonds because he's going to break aarons and ruths record and he is DEFINETLY a steroid user.

*and a wife-cheater; a drama queen; and the posterboy of a$$hole celebreties

Well, it does make sense that he would have a good spring training...he had an extra-long offseason by electing not to show up for the World Series.

Year Round Tm Opp WLser G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG SB CS SH SF HBP

+------------------+-----+---+---+---+---+--+--+--+---+---+---+-----+-----+-----+--+--+--+--+--+

2004 WS STL BOS L 4 15 1 5 2 0 0 0 1 3.333 .412 .467 0 0 0 0 1

he didnt show up for the world series, but still manages to hit .333?

Well, it does make sense that he would have a good spring training...he had an extra-long offseason by electing not to show up for the World Series.

Extra long? It seems to me that he played in as many games as anyone last year. Just cause he rules you, and can't win games by himself because he doesn't pitch, doesn't mean you've gotta blast him, loser.

Just because the guys big, doesn't mean he's on roids. Enough with the witch hunt BS. Would you rather wish everyone in the majors looked like this Eddie Gaedel? :

eddie.jpg

Anyways, you wanna taste of just how good Pujols is, look at his rookie #'s:

2001 HR: 37 RBI: 130 BB: 69 SO: 93 AVG: .329 .OBP: .403 .OPS: 1.013

An OPS like that is almost unheard of for a rookie in his first year. He also has never batted below .314 in a season, never hit less than 123 RBIs in a season and only once has hit struck out more than 70 times (his rookie year 93).

Guy in 10 years will go down as one of the true greats.

Just because the guys big, doesn't mean he's on roids. Enough with the witch hunt BS. Would you rather wish everyone in the majors looked like this Eddie Gaedel? :

eddie.jpg

Anyways, you wanna taste of just how good Pujols is, look at his rookie #'s:

2001 HR: 37 RBI: 130 BB: 69 SO: 93 AVG: .329 .OBP: .403 .OPS: 1.013

An OPS like that is almost unheard of for a rookie in his first year. He also has never batted below .314 in a season, never hit less than 123 RBIs in a season and only once has hit struck out more than 70 times (his rookie year 93).

Guy in 10 years will go down as one of the true greats.

I agree with everything you said but they said the same exact thing about Mark McGwire.

Archived