Windows Vista (beta)

TaborJet

You keep saying things like that, BZ, but I know better.

I've got a Mac, running OS 10, in my office. There are several other Macs there, too. The damned things are nothing but trouble. Most of them freeze up for no apparent reason, they all run slow and my boss's machine does all kinds of inexplicable things, mostly related to dumping hours of his work.

Meanwhile, the Windows machines in another division go on with no problems, as do the machines I have at home, with the minor exception of networking an old 98 machine, which I eventually solved.

This Mac religion, accepting silliness with no evidence, can get really annoying.

Is this the version of Windows that Tracks what browser you use and pays you $100 for every email you send?

If so let me know. They owe me a few million dollars and I can use it this month.

You keep saying things like that, BZ, but I know better.

I've got a Mac, running OS 10, in my office. There are several other Macs there, too. The damned things are nothing but trouble. Most of them freeze up for no apparent reason, they all run slow and my boss's machine does all kinds of inexplicable things, mostly related to dumping hours of his work.

Meanwhile, the Windows machines in another division go on with no problems, as do the machines I have at home, with the minor exception of networking an old 98 machine, which I eventually solved.

This Mac religion, accepting silliness with no evidence, can get really annoying.

You are the exception that proves the rule.

Next you are going to tell me there are a ton of viruses all over the Macs too. :)

BZ

I don't think I've got a machine that would run it. Give us a review after you've used it a while.

Well, there won't be a review. My pc crashed and burned. Of all the new betas (Media Player 11, Office 2007, IE 7.0, and Now Vista) only IE 7.0 worked. My computer is on its last legs anyway. I have been getting the infamous "blue screen of death" many times when I boot up, and have suffered a lot of crashes recently. But good news for me....a kick-ass Dell XPS will be here by weeks end.

Archived