Usa Vs. Czech Republic Today

Mavrik

First match for the US today against the mighty Czechs.

All of you keep having to emphasis how much you hate soccer, but in the unlikely event, the US advances to the quarters or semis, everyone in this country are going to suddenly be soccer fans.

Todays going to be a tough game, but we might have a shot considering all teh injuries the Czechs have right now.

I think the Czechs are good enough to qualify from this group, but I don't rate their chances of winning the tournament as I don't think they are as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago. They are still tough opponents for any team though.

I am tempted to say this game will be a draw as I think the US team will cope with the hot weather better, but I'm going to predict a 2-1 win for the Czechs.

if the USA has any chance at all in this competition they have to win today. it's that simple. A loss is disaster. A tie would all but kill their hopes of advancing. Win or go home.

I don't think a tie would necessarily kill their hopes, but it would definitely depend on what happened in teh Ghana/Italy match.

They basically have to win out the rest of the pool. i.e. Beat Italy, Ghana. to even have a shot at the #2 position in Group E. And even if they somehow got into that and advanced, guess who waits for us in the Quarters? Brazil.

They basically have to win out the rest of the pool. i.e. Beat Italy, Ghana. to even have a shot at the #2 position in Group E. And even if they somehow got into that and advanced, guess who waits for us in the Quarters? Brazil.

You can always hope the italians choke. They do that at times. But yeah, going up against brazil is tough.

Anything's possible... Whatever happens, they can't play worse than they did today. It's just not possible. There was absolutely no intensity out there, NOTHING was sustained in the Czech end... The only two who didn't play like a horse's ass were Landon and that kid Eddie Johnson

Anything's possible... Whatever happens, they can't play worse than they did today. It's just not possible. There was absolutely no intensity out there, NOTHING was sustained in the Czech end... The only two who didn't play like a horse's ass were Landon and that kid Eddie Johnson

Intensity, you say? I say BORING! Hard to take any game seriously when the players themselves seem to la de da up and down the field like they don't much care. Don't want to ever hear how athletic soccer players are compared to other athletes. Use your freaking hands already!

Intensity, you say? I say BORING! Hard to take any game seriously when the players themselves seem to la de da up and down the field like they don't much care. Don't want to ever hear how athletic soccer players are compared to other athletes. Use your freaking hands already!

Actually I did in fact say that the Americans played with zero intensity today, if you would read.

To say that soccer players aren't unbelievably athletic is idiotic. Period

Nah. They'll just laugh and say "Your fooball team sucks!" She'll reply, "I know, but my Dad thinks Mangini is on the right track."

She should tell them that she'll remember that next time 100,000 German troops cross into Czech Republic for more "breathing room".

And some people wonder why soccer doesn't catch on here in the states...this game is a good reason why. You wait four ****ing years for this World Cup and the US scores a big fat zero. Sorry folks, but the games just doesn't cut it with me.

And some people wonder why soccer doesn't catch on here in the states...this game is a good reason why. You wait four ****ing years for this World Cup and the US scores a big fat zero. Sorry folks, but the games just doesn't cut it with me.

It's not the GAME's fault. It's this country's INEPTITUDE with the game that resulted in 0 goals being scored today. We have a long friggin way to go..

On the flip side, the Czech's looked pretty good :D

On the flip side, the Czech's looked pretty good :D

The last twelve years, the US has always managed to keep it close. Last world cup, they lost to Germany 1-0, in an elimination round, and I think in 1998, they put up a valiant effort against Brazil (in other words, they weren't embarrassed). So I think we all were under the assumption that the team would develop and progress accordingly. However, it appears they are at a stage now where "one step forward, two steps back" takes place.

This is a good wake up call. Having watched the tape, I can tell you that there are one or two players on the USA team that clearly have no business competing on this level.

Let's not forget also that Portugal didn't make it out of round 1 in 2002, and that team was way better than the US team's, '02 or now. So sht happens.

As for the Czech's, they are pretty good. They are aggressive and they play defense. Maybe Germany and England didn't take their opposition seriously and maybe the Czech's did, but they are by far the best team I've seen thus far.

Tomorrow is Brazil vs. Croatia. :cheers:

Archived