Reality check

Jetsfan80

Unless the kid pitchers on the Tigers fold up, or wilt down the stretch in September, I think the AL wildcard will come from thew Central.

Yankees will do whatever they have to in order to win the East. My guess is the Bosox and Blue Jays are on the outside, looking in.

I do not think the Indians have enough pitching. Or at least, not when compared to last year. Their offense is fine, but the pitching is not. The Twins are short of pitching and offense. And in the West, if Texas can continue to get decent pitching, they can run away with it.

Unless the kid pitchers on the Tigers fold up, or wilt down the stretch in September, I think the AL wildcard will come from thew Central.

Yankees will do whatever they have to in order to win the East. My guess is the Bosox and Blue Jays are on the outside, looking in.

I do not think the Indians have enough pitching. Or at least, not when compared to last year. Their offense is fine, but the pitching is not. The Twins are short of pitching and offense. And in the West, if Texas can continue to get decent pitching, they can run away with it.

They are missing Millwood a great deal. He was the veteran anchor in that rotation last year. Replacing him with Paul Byrd hasn't worked wonders for them this year.

Tigers have a 1 1/2 game lead over Chicago and an 11 1/2 game lead over the Indians as of now, and are schedule is pretty easy until the all-star break. Tampa, Cubbies, Pittsburgh, St.Louis, and Milwaukee.What cracks me up is that if the Tigers win tonight, they'll have their 43rd victory, whereas as little as three years ago they had 43 victories all season.

Yanks need to acquire some help for the rotation if they want to stay in the hunt. Willis perhaps?

Tigers are doing well, but are not doing so hot against above .500 teams.

Yankees do not have nearly enough good prospects to acquire someone like Dontrelle. They'd be lucky to get Livan Hernandez right now.

If the Tigers don't go paper on the league, then the Yankees would probably end up missing the playoffs. How do you think Georgie would respond to that?

Tigers are doing well, but are not doing so hot against above .500 teams.

Yankees do not have nearly enough good prospects to acquire someone like Dontrelle. They'd be lucky to get Livan Hernandez right now.

If the Tigers don't go paper on the league, then the Yankees would probably end up missing the playoffs. How do you think Georgie would respond to that?

Unless Randy never recovers this season, the Yankees will finish atop the AL East, same as always. If Randy becomes what he has shown the past 8 starts or so, then yes, the Yankees will be in trouble.

I can't believe that he has completely lost it so fast. So I believe that he will improve, and the Yankees will win, again.

Archived