Michael Kay "Its Over, Mets are winning NL EAST"

Latinlawyer

I turned on 1050 ESPN Radio, and I was surprised to hear that melon head michael kay say that the mets have knocked out the remaining competitor for the NL East. He said something to the effect that now the mets, barring a cataclysmic injury, will definately win the NL East.

They have a 10 game lead (in the loss column) over the Phillies and 13 over the Braves.

Looks a whole lot like 1986!

LL

I turned on 1050 ESPN Radio, and I was surprised to hear that melon head michael kay say that the mets have knocked out the remaining competitor for the NL East. He said something to the effect that now the mets, barring a cataclysmic injury, will definately win the NL East.

They have a 10 game lead (in the loss column) over the Phillies and 13 over the Braves.

Looks a whole lot like 1986!

LL

please relax,,,

dont get over-pumped like our friends from the no strategy league,,,

be humble,,,

Bold prediction by Kay. Could he have waited any longer possibly? There is no way the Mets blow this lead. Just isn't possible. They are good. They are fast. They are strong.

Anything less than a WS Championship will be a bitter disappointment.

You do not win championships in June

Old saying you are never as good when you are winning and never as bad when you are losing

Keep a level head and do not think you are better -have to keep proving it

I agree with Kay 100%. There is nobody in the NL that has any shot at beating the Mets. Look around that league and there are very few if any quality teams. The Mets on the other hand are good enough to beat most good teams if they had to. So while they would probably win their division either way, now they'll just end up winning it by at least 20 games.

The Northern New Jersey Interscholastic League is better than the NL East

Right toon?

Granted, the NL East is arguably the worst division in baseball but you can't deny the fact that the Mets have a lot of talent on their roster. No guarantees that they'd win a tough division, but no way you can say for sure they wouldn't.

Bold prediction by Kay. Could he have waited any longer possibly? There is no way the Mets blow this lead. Just isn't possible. They are good. They are fast. They are strong.

Anything less than a WS Championship will be a bitter disappointment.

sweat.gif

I am admitting the Mets are good. Not sure who that makes me a crybaby.

tick, tick, tick...anything less than a WS Championship will be a failure. Young lineup...old rotation. The time is now.

Granted, the NL East is arguably the worst division in baseball but you can't deny the fact that the Mets have a lot of talent on their roster. No guarantees that they'd win a tough division, but no way you can say for sure they wouldn't.

The Mets talen t base is as good as anyone's in the NL. Period. I have to discount the teams like Florida and the Brewers, and others, who play a lot of kids. Someday, those kids may turn out to be a lot better than what the Mets have now. But in 2006, the Mets talent base is tops.

It will all come down to pitching. There is age in the Mets rotation, and as long as it stays reasonably healthy (Pedro, Glavine, Traschel) they will do fine. Even if the Astros put it together, and face the Mets with Clemens, Oswalt and Pettite.

Anybody know if the Phillies would consider trading Brett Myers?

I know the Mets smacked him hard a few days ago, but he's going to be a really good pitcher in a couple seasons IMO and I'd love to see the Yankees get him.

Anybody know if the Phillies would consider trading Brett Myers?

I know the Mets smacked him hard a few days ago, but he's going to be a really good pitcher in a couple seasons IMO and I'd love to see the Yankees get him.

Myers is still a young guy-I would not expect Phillies to trade anyone like him

If later in the year and Phillies are out of it-Lidle would be available as a veteran

If later in the year and Phillies are out of it-Lidle would be available as a veteran

Not even if the Yankees offered Aaron Small?

You know he was 10-0 last year and he's a good clubhouse guy.

Lidle, and possibly Lieber. Hamels, and Myers are untouchable.

I am admitting the Mets are good. Not sure who that makes me a crybaby.

tick, tick, tick...anything less than a WS Championship will be a failure. Young lineup...old rotation. The time is now.

hahaha,

thats the comment that shows u r sweating,,,

already having your excuse when the tick happens and mets outwin the yanks,,

BUT,, the mets didnt win the WS,,,

haha, my tick,tick is all about most wins,, so the WS challenge wont fly,,

would i luv a WS,, hell ya,,,

but its all about the Wins in my pre-season prediction,,,

;)

hahaha,

thats the comment that shows u r sweating,,,

already having your excuse when the tick happens and mets outwin the yanks,,

BUT,, the mets didnt win the WS,,,

haha, my tick,tick is all about most wins,, so the WS challenge wont fly,,

would i luv a WS,, hell ya,,,

but its all about the Wins in my pre-season prediction,,,

;)

Well if the Mets do out-win the Yankees I will tip my cap to you. It will have been a good prediction on your part.

But I will be busy celebrating another Yankee World Series Championship!

Well if the Mets do out-win the Yankees I will tip my cap to you. It will have been a good prediction on your part.

But I will be busy celebrating another Yankee World Series Championship!

i will be very honest here...

i can actually see that scenario,,mets win more,, but yanks win series over mets or some other NL team

but for the 1st year of comin back to competetive ball,,,i will take that

i will be very honest here...

i can actually see that scenario,,mets win more,, but yanks win series over mets or some other NL team

but for the 1st year of comin back to competetive ball,,,i will take that

The Yanks as they are configured today are not going to the WS.

The AL as a whole also has taken a step back in the number of strong teams as well. Last year there was a big discrepency between leagues.

This year the AL West has not played well and Cleveland doesn't look that great in the Central.

Mets-Cards-Dbacks-Astros-Reds-Giants-Phils would all contend in any AL division.

So now M.Kay is the voice of reason because he talked up the Mets?

You Mets fans are seriously delusional. You have a good team. A huge lead and the highest payroll in the NL. ANYTHING LESS THAN A WS APPEARENCE WILL BE A FAILURE.

Any mets fan who tell you otherwise doesn't have the heart or the balls to tell the truth.

You Mets fans are seriously delusional. You have a good team. A huge lead and the highest payroll in the NL. ANYTHING LESS THAN A WS APPEARENCE WILL BE A FAILURE.

Any mets fan who tell you otherwise doesn't have the heart or the balls to tell the truth.

hahahaha,, at least use your own line,,,max was at least creative in his post Yanks have less wins than mets SPIN attempt,,,

if that makes u feel better,,

sounds like u r already conceding tick, tick a, tick and are GRASPING at straws ,,

if it makes u feel better

hahahaha,, at least use your own line,,,max was at least creative in his post Yanks have less wins than mets SPIN attempt,,,

if that makes u feel better,,

sounds like u r already conceding tick, tick a, tick and are GRASPING at straws ,,

if it makes u feel better

On the contrary...It's you who is playing it down. Don't be shy...you have the balls to make all these crazy comments and predictions....don't puss out now.

The mets have the highest payroll in the entire NL....They have the largest lead in baseball....the simple fact is if they don't make it to atleast the NLCS...this season was a waste and a dissapointment.

We really don't ned you to agree on this....it's the facts ,jack.

The Northern New Jersey Interscholastic League is better than the NL East

Right toon?

Hey 80, NNJIL is better than NL East no doubt! ;)

Bosco & Joe's are the Mets of the NNJIL, Bergen is like the Braves, always been real good, but having a down year. Paramus Catholic is Philly, always expected to do well, start off good, then s*#t the bed halfway through the year. Then you got the Eastsides, Barringers & Teanecks that are like the Nats & Marlins...they just suck!

On the contrary...It's you who is playing it down. Don't be shy...you have the balls to make all these crazy comments and predictions....don't puss out now.

The mets have the highest payroll in the entire NL....They have the largest lead in baseball....the simple fact is if they don't make it to atleast the NLCS...this season was a waste and a dissapointment.

We really don't ned you to agree on this....it's the facts ,jack.

hahah,

nice try,,,

i made a prediction that mets win win more than yanks this year,,

i will stand by that,,,

u gave tremendous heat when i said that,, and i am sure u will man up and not pull out the pussy comment like 'but did u win WS"..

i hope u r above that,,,

if i wanted to predict a WS before th eseason i would have,, all i knew for sure was mets would win more than yanks,,

i am sure u will say well done to me if i am right without SPINNING something other thanwhat i predicted,,,

but if u must, go for it,,,

u r only showin u cant handle being wrong,,,

u r only showin u cant handle being wrong,,,

The season isn't over....the mets didn't win more games and contreras isn't the Cy young winner.

Any baseball fan will tell you it's a long season ....oh and it's only about 1/3 finished.

good luck with your predictions.

The season isn't over....the mets didn't win more games and contreras isn't the Cy young winner.

Any baseball fan will tell you it's a long season ....oh and it's only about 1/3 finished.

good luck with your predictions.

agree 100%,,,

i know i only have a 50/50 chance being right,, even at this juncture,,

i said to max today i see a scenario where Mets win more than Yanks and yanks win WS,,

and guess what,, its cool,,,

aint gonna kill me,,,

agree 100%,,,

i know i only have a 50/50 chance being right,, even at this juncture,,

i said to max today i see a scenario where Mets win more than Yanks and yanks win WS,,

and guess what,, its cool,,,

aint gonna kill me,,,

So you're saying as long as your prediction comes true you will be happy? LOL...Id rather have the trophy but hey....it's the little moral victories that count!

Ps....If my team had the best record in baseball and the biggest division lead....IT WOULD KILL ME IF THEY DIDN"T MAKE IT TO THE WS AND WIN.

to each his own.

M. Kay is a homer, a tool, and is all over ARod's dong, but the guy does know about baseball. He guessed last year exactly how many games the mets would win, and i dont think it was luck.

2nd highest payroll in the NL(Houston #1), and 6th highest overall.

As far as the Mets going to the NLCS/WS . . . if the pitching doesnt fall apart(Pedro/Glavine/finding a 3ed starter), and the team continues to play very well(97+ or so wins), ill agree that NLCS should be the worst that we do.

eLOT

eLOT

2006 MLB Team Payrolls

Rank Team Total Payroll

1 New York Yankees $194,663,079

2 Boston Red Sox $120,099,824

3 Los Angeles Angels $103,472,000

4 Chicago White Sox $102,750,667

5 New York Mets $101,084,963

6 Los Angeles Dodgers $98,447,187

7 Chicago Cubs $94,424,499

8 Houston Astros $92,551,503

9 Atlanta Braves $90,156,876

10 San Francisco Giants $90,056,419

http://www.onestopbaseball.com/TeamPayroll.asp

M. Kay is a homer, a tool, and is all over ARod's dong, but the guy does know about baseball. He guessed last year exactly how many games the mets would win, and i dont think it was luck.

As far as the Mets going to the NLCS/WS . . . if the pitching doesnt fall apart(Pedro/Glavine/finding a 3ed starter), and the team continues to play very well(97+ or so wins), ill agree that NLCS should be the worst that we do.

eLOT

Nice post.

Hey 80, NNJIL is better than NL East no doubt! ;)

Bosco & Joe's are the Mets of the NNJIL, Bergen is like the Braves, always been real good, but having a down year. Paramus Catholic is Philly, always expected to do well, start off good, then s*#t the bed halfway through the year. Then you got the Eastsides, Barringers & Teanecks that are like the Nats & Marlins...they just suck!

:cheers:

The Yanks as they are configured today are not going to the WS.

The AL as a whole also has taken a step back in the number of strong teams as well. Last year there was a big discrepency between leagues.

This year the AL West has not played well and Cleveland doesn't look that great in the Central.

Mets-Cards-Dbacks-Astros-Reds-Giants-Phils would all contend in any AL division.

Another Absolute JOKE post by GimmeaBreakShelter. Let me make this as clear as possible: With the exception of the Mets, the ENTIRE NL EAST AND NL WEST SUCK

The Yankees, White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers, Blue Jays, A's and Rangers would look like the CLASS of the national league. Even CLEVELAND would have itself a nice winning record if it got to play the same joke schedule as the Mess.

Another Absolute JOKE post by GimmeaBreakShelter. Let me make this as clear as possible: With the exception of the Mets, the ENTIRE NL EAST AND NL WEST SUCK

The Yankees, White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers, Blue Jays, A's and Rangers would look like the CLASS of the national league. Even CLEVELAND would have itself a nice winning record if it got to play the same joke schedule as the Mess.

I agree 100%. The NL is still a 2nd rate league, by ALLLLLLOT.

Archived