Official Season Opener: Yankees ~ Red Sox Thread

Maxman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the first game of a really long season - I think it's great for you MLB FF goobers, but the rest of us? Ho-hum.... And, who in MLB thought it was a good idea for the Sox/yanks to play each other so many times in April? I would prefer these two Mamoths play each other after the all-star break when I start paying it more attention :lol:

I'm torn here.

I hope Randy Johnson strikes out every Red Sox player not named Damon, Nixon, Mueller or Ramirez and I hope each of those 4 players goes deep twice.

But RJ and the Yankees will prevail on two Tony Womack grand slams.

Anyone else here believe that Randy Johnson's mug has a lot to do with his performance? Really now, imagine being a hitter and looking at that face during your at-bat? It just has to be to RJ's advantage. See, ugly can be a positive.

Anyone else here believe that Randy Johnson's mug has a lot to do with his performance? Really now, imagine being a hitter and looking at that face during your at-bat? It just has to be to RJ's advantage. See, ugly can be a positive.

No...only fair weather,bandwagon,girly girls who only watch baseball to see hot guys in tight pants would think this way.

Tonight ,you will see why batters fear him.

He's the hired Gun who was brought in to neutralize Big Papi.

No...only fair weather,bandwagon,girly girls who only watch baseball to see hot guys in tight pants would think this way.

Tonight ,you will see why batters fear him.

He's the hired Gun who was brought in to neutralize Big Papi.

:lol: I knew that would get a response from you!

Moi, a girly-girl who only watches baseball for men in tight pants? Wrong chick....

Actually, sometimes I watch the yankee/sox games to see how many obnoxious fans in the good seats have their ear to the cell while waving the arms about "hey, honey, can you see me on tv now?" Personally, I think this pratice needs to be banned.

BTW, there are far more of these sorts of persons who are of the Yankee persuasion....why do you think that is, Smizz?

Really?

Aren't they making a movie of just that, a pathetic Sawx fan?

That would be correct. However, I have a theory. The "actor" is Jimmy Fallon - a die-hard Yankees Fan, from what I hear. I suspect he had to draw from his experiences as a Yankee Fan to fulfill his role as a nut.

:lol: I knew that would get a response from you!

Moi, a girly-girl who only watches baseball for men in tight pants? Wrong chick....

Actually, sometimes I watch the yankee/sox games to see how many obnoxious fans in the good seats have their ear to the cell while waving the arms about "hey, honey, can you see me on tv now?" Personally, I think this pratice needs to be banned.

BTW, there are far more of these sorts of persons who are of the Yankee persuasion....why do you think that is, Smizz?

Sweetie , You lob em up there so nice for me :wink:

If the question is why are there more people of cell phones at Yankee games the answer is 3 fold.

1. Bigger Fan base = More fans at the games

2. NYC is the Mecca of business and Most NYers Multitask well :wink:

3. Boston is a backwoods town and you even comparing it to NYC is like comparing a Ford Festiva to a Ferreri.

Sweetie , You lob em up there so nice for me :wink:

If the question is why are there more people of cell phones at Yankee games the answer is 3 fold.

1. Bigger Fan base = More fans at the games

2. NYC is the Mecca of business and Most NYers Multitask well :wink:

3. Boston is a backwoods town and you even comparing it to NYC is like comparing a Ford Festiva to a Ferreri.

Please.....don't be ridiculous. All those cell-phone people waving at the cameras are nothing but self-obessed narsistic shmucks looking for camera time and bragging about it on the phone. Could a person be more pathetic than that? Honestly, where ever the venue, I find this phenonmen disturbing. Cell-phones at games should be used for one thing only: Husband calling home when he loses his kid at the park "Honey, hi - um - I think I lost little Johnny"

However, 'nuff of this. I will confess that I agree with some of the stuff you evil Yankees Fans say about "act like you have been there before" stuff. As I type, I am listening to ANOTHER TV broadcast celebrating the Sox WS - with a special emphasis on the Yankees series. This is about the 75th special, btw. Enough!

Personally, I think Menkie (can't spell his name)shoudl drive around Fenway with the ball in his hand and say "nah-nah-nah-nah" I mean, really. Smart move by the guy. The ball is his. Big deal.

Anyway, this show has much too much Dan Shaunnessy in it. I prefer the celebration shots. Afterall, this should be about the fans.

local pre-game show just had a shot of Wells taking the field to loud boos - and he thought (as was quoted in todays Boston Globe) that he would be well-recieved. :lol:

That WAS a good reception.

He could've been pelted by sh!t! :lol:

nothing better at Yankee Stadium then watching a Red Sox player have to go into the corner to field a ball and getting assaulted with beer, cups, fists and swearing. =D>

HEY.

They never swear.

Bye Bye Wells,good job you fat bastid!!

Wells wins 9 games for the Sox this year. The Sox lose the division by 18 games.

They need Wade Miller to be the # 2 starter IMO. That is asking a lot.

I wonder if Curt Schilling's Cold Sore is watching the game tonight.

Wells wins 9 games for the Sox this year. The Sox lose the division by 18 games.

=D>

He hasn't been around now that i think about it .

Archived