Sign in to follow this  
Jet/BosoxFan

Most Valuable Papi hits another walkoff bomb!

Well if OPS is the end all stat, MadMike, then Trot Nixon is a better player than anyone on the Yankees aside from Giambi. Fascinating.

OPS isn't the end all stat but OPS is. And the yankees havn't hit this year so it wouldn't supprise me if nixon has a higher OPS then some of them but he's also a platoon player who can't hit leftys.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. OPS isn't the end all stat but OPS is? Que?

Oh and Trot Nixon may be a platoon player (but not so much this season) but he is 5th in the league in BA, 3rd in OBP, and 12th in OPS. Just for measure A-Rod is not in the top 40 for BA, 12th in OBP, and 17th in OPS. And Trot's BA vs. lefties is higher than Giambis vs. lefties. But hey, he's just a platoon player.

Whos really clutch??

Giambi: Close and late: 795ops Scoring Posision: 288 with a 1.275 OPS Scoring Posision 2 out 250 1.270 OPS 3HR

Ortiz: Close and late 216avg Scoring posision: 282 919 OPS Scoring posision 2 outs 1.093 OPS 4HR

Neither of them have done much close and late but Giambi has been better because of his OPB. Giambi is clearly better with RISP and Ortiz has a slight edge with RISP and 2 outs. The numbers show that even though you hear alot about all of ortiz's "clutchness" the numbers just don't bear that out.

Here's clutch: Papi has more walkoff Homeruns than anyone in the majors since 2002. He has more go-ahead RBIs this season than anyone in the Majors.

If David Ortiz is on steroids then he is obviously doing it wrong. You've got to be kidding me with that allegation as there has not been one single hint of any such thing towards Ortiz. Unlike Sheffield and Giambi, our players do it naturally.

How naive and stupid are you? Ortiz didnt do anything until he was 27/28 years old (if his real age is even 30 yrs old). And look at Vaginatek this year, off the roids and cant hit a meatball down the pipe. Every team the last 5 years has roiders on them dont be so stupid to think your 2004 sox didnt either, homer.

Well Varitek is what 32, 33 and has been catching his whole life. So I'm sure the wear and tear has had an effect. Not to mention his big season last season and scouting reports this year.

Maybe it took Ortiz longer to mature mentally as a baseball player, but he is not very muscular but is a very big dude. Oh and he wasn't hitting in the friendly confines of Fenway. Look at Mike Lowell if you want proof of what hitting at Fenway can do for you. Next thing you'll tell me is that Cecil Fielder was on roids.

Actually I'll just let Mike Stanley do the talking,

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company