Yanks vs. Mets prediction thread

AFJF

Can someone save my lazy butt the time of looking it up and post the pitching matchups.

I am going to the game on Sunday. They better not lose that one! That day will probably be Glavine vs Sturtze (yeah I know he is on the DL for the year).

Can someone save my lazy butt the time of looking it up and post the pitching matchups.

I am going to the game on Sunday. They better not lose that one! That day will probably be Glavine vs Sturtze (yeah I know he is on the DL for the year).

Friday:

Orlando Hernandez (4-7, 5.82 ERA)

Mike Mussina (9-3, 3.28 ERA)

Saturday:

Steve Trachsel (6-4, 4.82 ERA)

Randy Johnson (4-2, 5.68 ERA)

Sunday:

Alay Soler (2-2, 4.68 ERA)

Jaret Wright (4-5 4.18 ERA)

Friday:

Orlando Hernandez (4-7, 5.82 ERA)

Mike Mussina (9-3, 3.28 ERA)

Saturday:

Steve Trachsel (6-4, 4.82 ERA)

Randy Johnson (4-2, 5.68 ERA)

Sunday:

Alay Soler (2-2, 4.68 ERA)

Jaret Wright (4-5 4.18 ERA)

Well, based on the ERAs, it looks like its going to be a high scoring affair. Moose is the only one with a decent one. I say Yanks take first two and Mets take the finale.

Pitching and momentum all in the Yankees favor right now

Hard to see the Yanks not winning 2 out of three games but that is why they play the games as the old saying goes

agree,, anything less that 2 of 3 would be a disaster,, a sweep is actually expected the way Mets are playing now

I'm pretty sure Randys era is not close to 5.68.......

Say what you want about Wright, but a 4.18 era in the AL from your 4th starter is very decent.

If the Yankees win tonight they will sweep, if not they will lose 2 of 3.

I'm pretty sure Randys era is not close to 5.68.......

Say what you want about Wright, but a 4.18 era in the AL from your 4th starter is very decent.

If the Yankees win tonight they will sweep, if not they will lose 2 of 3.

4.84 is not too far away, Barton.

Wright, aside from pitching a lot of 5 inning performances, has been on target the past 6 or 7 or so starts. He pitched 6 innings the other night, let up 1 run, good performance. Would like to see him go 6 and 7 all the time.

A no-no from Moose tonight

Well he had one through 4....:eek:

Still am pissed Torre didn't keep him out there. 1 hour rain delay and you take him out with a no hitter going (I know it was only 4 innings but still). C'mon Torre.

Well he had one through 4....:eek:

Still am pissed Torre didn't keep him out there. 1 hour rain delay and you take him out with a no hitter going (I know it was only 4 innings but still). C'mon Torre.

Moose is Maddux like. Torre made the right decision. I am sure if Moose went up to him and said I am going back out there Joe would have been fine with that. Moose obviously didn't want to go back out.

Mets take 2 of 3 from the Tankees and take out their BoSox-inspired frustrations on the Evil Empire! The backpages arent wrong...the Mets are the best team in NYC and they will prove that shortly.

El Duque will sh*t the bed, though.

It was Wright who **** the bed, and he's had the runs for four days now. Wacky lineup by Willie, too. You'll still get that 2 of 3, I think.

1 hit??? 1 F'ING HIT??? who the hell pitched, Dave Milicki*???

* for the teens who talk "smack" here, Dave Milicki was the no-name pitcher who tossed a 1 hitter in the 1st interleague game between Mets & Yanks at Yankee Stadium in '96,...when you were in the 3rd grade.

1 hit??? 1 F'ING HIT??? who the hell pitched, Dave Milicki*???

* for the teens who talk "smack" here, Dave Milicki was the no-name pitcher who tossed a 1 hitter in the 1st interleague game between Mets & Yanks at Yankee Stadium in '96,...when you were in the 3rd grade.

thank you for that very important peice of information

i can get some sleep at night finally knowing the life story of dave milicki

thank you for that very important peice of information

i can get some sleep at night finally knowing the life story of dave milicki

wow...yet another informative and intellectual post by blackout, what a shock. :rolleyes:

7 IP, 2 ER

way to call it nostradumbass

I noticed that you left out the fact that he generously scattered 7 hits over the 7 innings. Oh, and he also took the loss. So far I am batting 1.000 with my predictions...except it was the Mets offense that sh*t the bed.

I do however still expect them to take the series...you'll see that I have them taking 2 of 3.

Well it comes down to game 3 Soler vs Wright.

Yanks better get to Soler early as Wright is a 80 pitch guy under Torre's new plan for him.

Mets should toast the Yanks pen if that 80 pitches comes before the 6th inning.

You know what though. The limited pitch count thing isn't the worst idea in the world. Take the money out of it because he is overpaid. But if they limit him he has been effective.

Now this only works if he is like the 5th starter. If they need more out of him than that they are done regardless.

Archived