Yanks vs. Mets prediction thread

Well it comes down to game 3 Soler vs Wright.

Yanks better get to Soler early as Wright is a 80 pitch guy under Torre's new plan for him.

Mets should toast the Yanks pen if that 80 pitches comes before the 6th inning.

The same Yanks pen of Proctor-Farnsworth-Myers-Rivera that got a rest yesterday?:confused:

1-6 = Wright

7-8 = Proctor / Farnsworth / Myers

9 = Rivera

2-1, Yankees win, Theeeeeeeeee Yankees win

The same Yanks pen of Proctor-Farnsworth-Myers-Rivera that got a rest yesterday?:confused:

1-6 = Wright

7-8 = Proctor / Farnsworth / Myers

9 = Rivera

2-1, Yankees win, Theeeeeeeeee Yankees win

LOL .

Proctor = another Yankee hyped up player. You've been listening to Suzie Waldman too much. His next under .400 ERA season will be his first.

Do we need to get into Farnsworth?

Mo is still the man.

LOL .

Proctor = another Yankee hyped up player. You've been listening to Suzie Waldman too much. His next under .400 ERA season will be his first.

Do we need to get into Farnsworth?

Mo is still the man.

Maybe that's because this is Proctor's first full season in the bigs, genius?

Actually last year he pitched more innings than this.

Proctor ERA is 7.78 over his last 18 appearances.

Regardless a 4+ ERA in relief sucks.

Actually, last year he pitched 44.2 all year compared to his 50 right now. Keep trying, though, you're gettin' warmer.

Actually, last year he pitched 44.2 all year compared to his 50 right now. Keep trying, though, you're gettin' warmer.

You're correct so that makes his ERA good.

Proctor = Over hyped. I am fair when it comes to assessing a player and he is nothing special and not worth debating.

I noticed that you left out the fact that he generously scattered 7 hits over the 7 innings. Oh, and he also took the loss. So far I am batting 1.000 with my predictions...except it was the Mets offense that sh*t the bed.

I do however still expect them to take the series...you'll see that I have them taking 2 of 3.

WRONG AGAIN

Mets take 2 of 3 from the Tankees and take out their BoSox-inspired frustrations on the Evil Empire! The backpages arent wrong...the Mets are the best team in NYC and they will prove that shortly.

El Duque will sh*t the bed, though.

Wrong on all counts!!;) Mets lose 2 of 3, and El Duque pitches the best of any Mets hurler this weekend, especially when you consider the rain delay.

Proctor was very good, still pitching over his head, until Torre started usuing him everyday. I think he leads the league in apperances and/or IP for relief pitchers. And usuing him yesterday is 1 of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Beam should have pitched 1 more inning and Myers should have finished off the last 2. Torre has no idea how to control the bullpen arms.

live up your arod celebration even the sun shines on a ugly dogs ass once in a while, right now you guys are not in the playoffs

When will the sun shine on the mets?

Been 20 years since they won a world series.

How about, say, right now?

1) Mets 48-33 --

2) Phillies 37-44 11 GB

3) Marlins 35-43 11.5

4) Braves 35-47 13.5

5) Nationals 35-48 14

How'd you guys do this week against some decent competition from the AL? Seriously, the Mets should have no problem getting to the NLCS, at the very least. The NL is incredibly weak this season. The Cards are the only team that should give the Mets any kind of trouble in teh Post-Season.

But the buck stops there. If you get past the Cards, there are quite a few teams in the AL that will take you guys. Not basing it all on this past week, but the Yankees, Bosox, White Sox, Tigers, Twins and as all look like tougher teams then anything in the NL.

The surprise is teh Twins in this group, but any team that will pitch Santana and Loriano for 4 games in a 7 game series has an outstanding chance of winning that series.

How'd you guys do this week against some decent competition from the AL?

What exactly does that matter? We won't have to play the AL until the World Series. And if we've reached that point, who really cares? Anything can happen.

The weakness of the NL is a good thing for us and Yankee fans are simply unhappy that they have a tougher road to the playoffs. I really couldn't care less how bad the NL is, the Mets are nearly a lock for the division title and favored to represent the NL in the World Series. I'll let the chips fall where they may from there. Either way, I have nothing to be unhappy about with this Mets team right now.

Furthermore, Omar Minaya is NOT done making moves to improve this ballclub. There's simply no urgency right now.

The surprise is teh Twins in this group, but any team that will pitch Santana and Loriano for 4 games in a 7 game series has an outstanding chance of winning that series.

they dug too deep of a hole early in the season to get in the playoffs now. they have gone about 18-2 in their last 20, and only picked up 1 1/2 games in the standings!

they add a bat next year, look out.

How'd you guys do this week against some decent competition from the AL? Seriously, the Mets should have no problem getting to the NLCS, at the very least. The NL is incredibly weak this season. The Cards are the only team that should give the Mets any kind of trouble in teh Post-Season.

But the buck stops there. If you get past the Cards, there are quite a few teams in the AL that will take you guys. Not basing it all on this past week, but the Yankees, Bosox, White Sox, Tigers, Twins and as all look like tougher teams then anything in the NL.

MB , you split the season series with the final three games having your rotation set up.

How does that make you the better team?

If the Yanks make a few moves I would say the Mets would have problems with them but not as the teams are set-up now.

Same goes for the Twins.

What exactly does that matter? We won't have to play the AL until the World Series. And if we've reached that point, who really cares? Anything can happen.

The weakness of the NL is a good thing for us and Yankee fans are simply unhappy that they have a tougher road to the playoffs. I really couldn't care less how bad the NL is, the Mets are nearly a lock for the division title and favored to represent the NL in the World Series. I'll let the chips fall where they may from there. Either way, I have nothing to be unhappy about with this Mets team right now.

Furthermore, Omar Minaya is NOT done making moves to improve this ballclub. There's simply no urgency right now.

I would agree with this post in general.

Mets fans have no reason to be unhappy with this team right now. Can't win em all. Omar has done a great job mixing the vets with the young guys and is not done yet. The Mets are the team to beat in the NL,and its not likely anyone in that league has what it takes to beat them.