2 games

Maxman

that is what will make me happy going into the break. If the Yankees only trail the Red Sox by 2. Considering all the injuries and everything that went wrong this team has stayed there. Go in to the 2nd half only 2 down and it will be a good thing.

They trail the White Sox by 6 in the Wild Card. I think it might actually be easier to catch them. Not sure how much more magic that manager has left in him.

that is what will make me happy going into the break. If the Yankees only trail the Red Sox by 2. Considering all the injuries and everything that went wrong this team has stayed there. Go in to the 2nd half only 2 down and it will be a good thing.

They trail the White Sox by 6 in the Wild Card. I think it might actually be easier to catch them. Not sure how much more magic that manager has left in him.

Ugh. Here we go again. If by "right there" you mean 2nd place, then yes, the Yankees are "right there" and have been "right there" all year long, even with a payroll larger than all of Africa & half of southeast Asia's combined GDP.

The troubling thing about the Yankees (shaky pitching aside) is the lack of intensity and has been for quite some time. Like, were talking multiple years here. They've had that pattern of lapsing back into games where the bats go cold right after a big hitting game. Its just tedious at this point. I can barely even stand to read about them in the Post anymore...I dont know how you people can actually watch them nightly! Well, those of you Tankee fans on here who ARENT welfare recipients without cable TV anyway which is like maybe 2 of you.

But the Tankees can't keep their collective foot on the gas pedal and the offense always seems to lose it's energy very quickly. This infuriating pattern has persisted since 2001 when the "underachieiving streak" started.

I guess if they can in fact make the playoffs (yawn) again this year which is a big "if" you Tankee fans are gonna have to pretend to be happy with that again (yawn)

Ugh. Here we go again. If by "right there" you mean 2nd place, then yes, the Yankees are "right there" and have been "right there" all year long, even with a payroll larger than all of Africa & half of southeast Asia's combined GDP.

The troubling thing about the Yankees (shaky pitching aside) is the lack of intensity and has been for quite some time. Like, were talking multiple years here. They've had that pattern of lapsing back into games where the bats go cold right after a big hitting game. Its just tedious at this point. I can barely even stand to read about them in the Post anymore...I dont know how you people can actually watch them nightly! Well, those of you Tankee fans on here who ARENT welfare recipients without cable TV anyway which is like maybe 2 of you.

But the Tankees can't keep their collective foot on the gas pedal and the offense always seems to lose it's energy very quickly. This infuriating pattern has persisted since 2001 when the "underachieiving streak" started.

I guess if they can in fact make the playoffs (yawn) again this year which is a big "if" you Tankee fans are gonna have to pretend to be happy with that again (yawn)

As much as it pains me to say it, JBF hit the nail on the head here.

The Yankee bats always seem to have a problem with falling aspleep in the big spots.

I just hope that if/when Sheffield and Matsui return, they can shake off the rust quickly. Should be interesting to see how fast Matsui can rebound being that this is his first prolonged absence.

Matsui is the biggest concern IMO. Sheffield is here until the end of the season, his option for 07 hopefully will not be picked up with the emergence of Melky Cabrera who hopefully will take over the RF starting duties in 07.

Matsui is the biggest concern IMO. Sheffield is here until the end of the season, his option for 07 hopefully will not be picked up with the emergence of Melky Cabrera who hopefully will take over the RF starting duties in 07.

Emergence of Melky Cabrera.:confused:

I would be shocked if he is in the 07 Yankee outfield.

Once you make shirts reading: Got Melk? You need to keep the guy no matter what.;)

GS, Melky is going to be a starting OF for the Yankees for a LONG time. He's a good leadoff hitter. I'd love to keep him there, but 8th or 9th looks like will be his home with Damon here for the next 4 years.

Yeah I would be shocked if he was even on the team in 07. He has a shot but I am not ready to put him in any class better than Juan Rivera yet.

He needs to hit for more power. Or learn to play 2b. It really is that simple.

I dont understand why they dont play Mekly in right field.

Matsui will be here for many more years in left field, so if they think highly of Melky, and they do, why doesnt Torre play him in right field?

And hasnt Torre said his future is in right field or did he say left field? Will Matsui be moving over to right field?

I dont understand why they dont play Mekly in right field.

Matsui will be here for many more years in left field, so if they think highly of Melky, and they do, why doesnt Torre play him in right field?

And hasnt Torre said his future is in right field or did he say left field? Will Matsui be moving over to right field?

Barton...

The fact that Melky is not playing RF has nothing to do with Melky. He should be the RF. The problem is Bernie's arm. The problem is also the dimensions of Yankee stadium.

The Yankees are playing their worst arm in RF because there is so much less real estate out there. If Bernie was in Left and the ball was hit in the old Dead Man's Alley....he would need Fed Ex to deliver that ball home.

I can't think of too many other occassions where the worst arm got hidden in RF.

Just for the record Max, I did report this as a 'bad post' because an intervention is needed for you.

The movie does end the same way all the time because thew owner dropped 200 million on the team from the YES Network bank.

*******************PSA*********************

MM - Save your breath...I know the Sox have their own network and are a rich team.

Back to the original programming.

************** End of PSA*********************

A 200 million dollar team or movie should not whine when they get injuries or bad reviews. If you want better results, buy better players or be smarter doing it. It is MLB, not some Over-30 softball league.

Just for the record Max, I did report this as a 'bad post' because an intervention is needed for you.

The movie does end the same way all the time because thew owner dropped 200 million on the team from the YES Network bank.

*******************PSA*********************

MM - Save your breath...I know the Sox have their own network and are a rich team.

Back to the original programming.

************** End of PSA*********************

A 200 million dollar team or movie should not whine when they get injuries or bad reviews. If you want better results, buy better players or be smarter doing it. It is MLB, not some Over-30 softball league.

I didn't whine. Just said the Sox should have put the Yankees away. They didn't. I am happy about that.

Damn I think you need to step back son. The heat is getting to you!

I didn't whine. Just said the Sox should have put the Yankees away. They didn't. I am happy about that.

Damn I think you need to step back son. The heat is getting to you!

Max it is not the heat. I knew the context of your post before even looking at the body of the thread.

Any team that drops over a 100 million on salary forfeits any right to complain about salary. A team that drops 200 million, really needs to STFU.

Max it is not the heat. I knew the context of your post before even looking at the body of the thread.

Any team that drops over a 100 million on salary forfeits any right to complain about salary. A team that drops 200 million, really needs to STFU.

Dude read any of my posts over the past few months. I have never complained about injuries. As a matter of fact I have said in the long run they will make the Yankees a better team.

Dude read any of my posts over the past few months. I have never complained about injuries. As a matter of fact I have said in the long run they will make the Yankees a better team.

Good post Max, I've been saying for a while that as long as the yankees can keep it close they have a shot. The Sox absolutely should have buried the Yankees when they had em down. Over the past couple of weeks the Yankees have been starting anywhere from three to five guys who are back up/AAA quality. Guys like Cabrera are alright for a short time at this point in his career but not a guy you want to have to rely on for an extended period of time just yet. When I went to the game yesterday and looked at the line up I just shook my head.

1) Melky...probably going to be a very good OF for a long time but not what you want as an everyday guy just yet.

2) Jeter...batting .345

3) Giambi...Crushing the ball

4) A-Rod...hitting like a AAA guy, but should still be considered an MLB player

5) Bernie...he has far exceeded my expectations this year but any OF who is nothing more than a singles hitter (unless he's getting 150 of them ) should be a back up

6) Andy Phillips...he's a back up 1B hitting around .250

7) Miguel Cairo...another backup hitting in the .250 range

8) Kevin Thompson...AAA OF rushed to the bigs due to injuries

9) Kelly Stinett....backup catcher who looks overmatched no matter who's on the mound

This is the kind of line up the Yankees have been running out there for a few weeks now with the exception of Stinnett and only two games back? Unreal.

Yes, but you are also leader of the "Woe it is to be a Yankee Fan when 80 million of our 200 million salary is on the DL resistance."

Ok, maybe GJH is the leader, but you are clearly Smizzy to his Max. ;)

Yes, but you are also leader of the "Woe it is to be a Yankee Fan when 80 million of our 200 million salary is on the DL resistance."

Ok, maybe GJH is the leader, but you are clearly Smizzy to his Max. ;)

Bro again I will cut you some slack because you are posting in 140 degree heat. Show me a post other than this thread where I have commented on the salary\injury situation and said the Yankees deserve sympathy. You have to show it to me.

Matsui went down, Sheff went down and I said GOOD. They will learn how to play small ball again. I also said don't trade for anyone else. Even better yet I have said 100 times they can do whatever they want but if Randy doesn't pitch like an ace, they won't win it all.

Are you pulling a TX and posting on the wrong site? Because I think you have me confused with somebody else!

:P

Good post Max, I've been saying for a while that as long as the yankees can keep it close they have a shot. The Sox absolutely should have buried the Yankees when they had em down. Over the past couple of weeks the Yankees have been starting anywhere from three to five guys who are back up/AAA quality. Guys like Cabrera are alright for a short time at this point in his career but not a guy you want to have to rely on for an extended period of time just yet. When I went to the game yesterday and looked at the line up I just shook my head.

1) Melky...probably going to be a very good OF for a long time but not what you want as an everyday guy just yet.

2) Jeter...batting .345

3) Giambi...Crushing the ball

4) A-Rod...hitting like a AAA guy, but should still be considered an MLB player

5) Bernie...he has far exceeded my expectations this year but any OF who is nothing more than a singles hitter (unless he's getting 150 of them ) should be a back up

6) Andy Phillips...he's a back up 1B hitting around .250

7) Miguel Cairo...another backup hitting in the .250 range

8) Kevin Thompson...AAA OF rushed to the bigs due to injuries

9) Kelly Stinett....backup catcher who looks overmatched no matter who's on the mound

This is the kind of line up the Yankees have been running out there for a few weeks now with the exception of Stinnett and only two games back? Unreal.

Bern's got 17 doubles :-)

Archived