AL Playoff Teams

Gainzo

It is the halfway mark of the season and thought it would be fun to throw out some predictions on who will make the playoffs in the AL.

Division Winnners:

Boston

Chicago

Anaheim

Wild Card:

New York

I just can't see the Tigers keeping up their torrid pace. They are a young team and have performed very poorly against teams with similar records. I see the Yankees catching and overtaking Detroit and Minnesota.

The AL West is a joke, just like the NL West. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Seattle won the division.

I don't pay much attention the the NL, so the Mets fans are more than welcome to talk about the NL playoff teams.

It is the halfway mark of the season and thought it would be fun to throw out some predictions on who will make the playoffs in the AL.

Division Winnners:

Boston

Chicago

Anaheim

Wild Card:

New York

I just can't see the Tigers keeping up their torrid pace. They are a young team and have performed very poorly against teams with similar records. I see the Yankees catching and overtaking Detroit and Minnesota.

The AL West is a joke, just like the NL West. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Seattle won the division.

I don't pay much attention the the NL, so the Mets fans are more than welcome to talk about the NL playoff teams.

You really think that when the Yanks get healthy, they're still going to be playing catch up to the Sox? Even with all their injuries, they are only 3 games behind. Look for the Yanks to overtake the Sox by the end of August...no wild card will be coming out of the AL East.

You really think that when the Yanks get healthy, they're still going to be playing catch up to the Sox? Even with all their injuries, they are only 3 games behind. Look for the Yanks to overtake the Sox by the end of August...no wild card will be coming out of the AL East.

I knew that kind of response would be coming! Seriously I think the Sox will hold on and take the division. That would be the first time since what, 1995?

My point being that both the Twins and Tigers will stumble IMO.

And what happens when the Red Sox get fully healthy and pick up a quality arm at the deadline and the Yanks are unable to do anything? Even with all of the Sox injuries they are up by 3 games. It's going to be interesting but in the AL I see this:

Boston

Detroit

Oakland

WC-Chicago

yeah, since we all know the red sox star players are so crippled by the injury bug this year :rolleyes:

Our closer, our 4th and 5th starters (who happen to win 15 games and be an all-star last season), our RH power hitter platoon hitter, our leadoff centerfielder was out for an extended time, Timlin was out for a while too. Don't act like we haven't been hit with our share of injuries.

Sox will coast to East.

Tigers are the real deal and buyers at the trade deadline.

Barring a big trade by the Yanks and huge Septembers from Shef and Matsui it will be tough for them to make the play-offs.

RedSox

WSox

Angels

Tigers(WC)

Mets

Cards

Padres

Giants(WC) Marlins as dark horse after 11-31 start.

Sox will coast to East.

Barring a big trade by the Yanks and huge Septembers from Shef and Matsui it will be tough for them to make the play-offs.

RedSox

WSox

Angels

Tigers(WC)

Mets

Cards

Padres

You can bet the bank the Yanks will make a trade. For that matter, I see the Sox making a trade as well. One thing I guarantee, it won't be a dull finish.

Our closer, our 4th and 5th starters (who happen to win 15 games and be an all-star last season), our RH power hitter platoon hitter, our leadoff centerfielder was out for an extended time, Timlin was out for a while too. Don't act like we haven't been hit with our share of injuries.

oh yes, the dreaded curse of losing the 4th and 5th starters in the rotation

And who can forget Willie Mays Pena, with all that power. 4 home runs vs. 37 K's, how can you afford losing that? Especially when Crisp/Nixon/Manny were all healthy by the time he went down

As stated above, Crisp came back when Pena went down.

and Keith Foulke's ERA is 5.63, who the **** is going to miss that?

Timlin was a big injury though.

Boston will fade out and the Tigers will keep it up? I respect your opinion but I just don't see it.

I love their youth.

To be honest I'm not even sold on my Yankees yet, I have extreme doubts with them, it may very well be Boston *gulp*.

Sox will coast to East.

RedSox

WSox

Angels

Tigers(WC)

Mets

Cards

Padres

lol

oh yes, the dreaded curse of losing the 4th and 5th starters in the rotation

And who can forget Willie Mays Pena, with all that power. 4 home runs vs. 37 K's, how can you afford losing that? Especially when Crisp/Nixon/Manny were all healthy by the time he went down

As stated above, Crisp came back when Pena went down.

and Keith Foulke's ERA is 5.63, who the **** is going to miss that?

Timlin was a big injury though.

Well when your 4th and 5th starters are All-Star Clement and a very good David Wells, yes it does hurt.

Foulke's ERA is high because of his injury, he was pitching decently up until it was evident something wasn't right. And I'd much rather him than Tavarez or Seanez right now.

And Pena doesn hurt because it forces Gabe Krapler into the lineup against lefties.

1st of all, Clement sucks. His allstar appearance was an abberation. He got knocked on the head and was never the same. Wells was a hit but Lester is already making a campaign for the Cy Young so please dont tell me thats a loss.

The fact that the Yankees are just 3 behind after all their injuries and the red sox winning 10+ in a row is pretty damn good. Yankees will, once again, win this division. The red sox coasting to a division will never happen, ever.

White Sox

Athletics

Yankees

WC - Red Sox

Central goes to Chicago.

West goes to Oakland.

East goes to... I don't know. I think that the Yankees are better than the Red Sox, but I'm not so sure lately. I honestly hope they both choke and Toronto takes it because I dislike both teams.

Wild Card will still go to Detroit. It'd take a huge, huge collapse to miss out on either.

Don't mind gimme shelter. He picked the Angels to win the west.

Where's your picks sport?

You always have something to say but never seem to back it with anything of substance. I asked you a while back for the same reason to ingnore my posts until you can actually talk baseball.

Where's your picks sport?

You always have something to say but never seem to back it with anything of substance. I asked you a while back for the same reason to ingnore my posts until you can actually talk baseball.

GimmeShelter, don't mind the BANNED 80. He mocked you for picking the Angels to win the West, but failed to realized that they are just 2 games out in the West.

GimmeShelter, don't mind the BANNED 80. He mocked you for picking the Angels to win the West, but failed to realized that they are just 2 games out in the West.

Great news.

As for the Angels, with Starters, Colon, Lackey, Weaver(the younger one) Santana and Escobar with Shields and KRod in the pen I love their chances.

As was the case with last years Yankee post season series the Angels simply can shorten the game ala the 96-00 Yankee teams. They need a bat at the deadline though.

GS has picked the Sox to "coast" to the AL East title the past 3 seasons.

He's also referred to Wily Mo Pena as a younger version of Manny with more power.

AND...

Tried telling us how Cocoa Crisp is a superior player to Damon because he's younger.

So take it for what it's worth.

He's also referred to Wily Mo Pena as a younger version of Manny with more power.

AND...

Tried telling us how Cocoa Crisp is a superior player to Damon because he's younger.

I do not think that is exactly what he said, but in typical Skank fan fashion anything the Sox do is bad.

Replacing an aging Center Fielder with no arm with a younger version of himself who put up similar numbers is a bad thing. As is possibly divesting themselves of Manny with another potential bat.

I skipped the comments in this thread and just want to add my own. Big prediction:

The Mets are going to win their division. You heard it here first! :)

Also I think the Red Sox win the AL East and the Tiger run away with the Central. I predict a collapse by the White Sox and the Yankees win the Wild Card.

I skipped the comments in this thread and just want to add my own. Big prediction:

man oh man... and i thought the mets were NL...

Well when your 4th and 5th starters are All-Star Clement and a very good David Wells, yes it does hurt.

too bad you don't have Bronson Arroyo anymore

Foulke's ERA is high because of his injury, he was pitching decently up until it was evident something wasn't right. And I'd much rather him than Tavarez or Seanez right now.

thats partially because tavarez sucks donkey balls

And Pena doesn hurt because it forces Gabe Krapler into the lineup against lefties.

but Pena is the next coming of Tris Speaker!

Also I think the Red Sox win the AL East and the Tiger run away with the Central. I predict a collapse by the White Sox and the Yankees win the Wild Card.

everytime u make a met comment i cant help but hear the quiet snicker that Sgt. Hulka did in Stripes:

stripes127.jpg

AND...

1st sport, Show me where I picked the Sox for 3 seasons. Was there a JETNATION 3 years ago?

2nd, I said Crisp and everything else Boston did in the off season was smarter than signing Damon to that contract. I stand by that and if you need a reason check out Bostons defense and bullpen.

If that's too much research for you, check the standings.;)

3rd, I said Pena is a young outfielder with Manny type power.

I stand by that statement and am curious to what your argument against it is?

Surely you are not basing it on the fact he broke his wrist after 36 games while hitting .321 and on pace for 25 HR's and over 100 RBI's.

The guy is 24 and a absolute power source who needs to improve on his K's like lots of young power hitters.

I would of thought you had learned to hold off on your negative assessments of young players after the "David Wright, what's all the fuss about" thread you created just around this time last year.;)

Archived