AL Playoff Teams

Gainzo

1st sport, Show me where I picked the Sox for 3 seasons. Was there a JETNATION 3 years ago?

2nd, I said Crisp and everything else Boston did in the off season was smarter than signing Damon to that contract. I stand by that and if you need a reason check out Bostons defense and bullpen.

If that's too much research for you, check the standings.;)

3rd, I said Pena is a young outfielder with Manny type power.

I stand by that statement and am curious to what your argument against it is?

Surely you are not basing it on the fact he broke his wrist after 36 games while hitting .321 and on pace for 25 HR's and over 100 RBI's.

The guy is 24 and a absolute power source who needs to improve on his K's like lots of young power hitters.

I would of thought you had learned to hold off on your negative assessments of young players after the "David Wright, what's all the fuss about" thread you created just around this time last year.;)

Dimitri Young was on pace to hit like 400 home runs last season. WHats your point. And in case you haven't noticed, Trot Nixon's having a pretty good year. Ortiz is the DH. You cant have two.

• 1 month later...
Nice job 124.

I have to tip my hat to the job the Yanks have done.

My RedSox coast prediction is on life support.

It looks like he is the one who nailed it. I only commented about the Tigers, and stand by my prediction. They will host at least 1 series in the playoffs.

• 1 month later...
It is the halfway mark of the season and thought it would be fun to throw out some predictions on who will make the playoffs in the AL.

Division Winnners:

Boston

Chicago

Anaheim

Wild Card:

New York

I just can't see the Tigers keeping up their torrid pace. They are a young team and have performed very poorly against teams with similar records. I see the Yankees catching and overtaking Detroit and Minnesota.

The AL West is a joke, just like the NL West. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Seattle won the division.

I don't pay much attention the the NL, so the Mets fans are more than welcome to talk about the NL playoff teams.

How bad was that? O-3!

Archived