Anybody see that movie Crash yet?

SoFlaJets

with Don Cheadle,Matt Dillon,Ryan Phillepe,and Jennifer Esposito.Showtime is running it this month and I highly reccomend it for the new Jet Nation Movie Club I'm starting as of now.

List the movies that you think we should all watch-leaving out the most obvious ones(Godfathers etc.).

Also,Showtime has a show on that I'd been hearing about called Brotherhood-I watched it last night for the 1st time-pretty damn good from what I saw

with Don Cheadle,Matt Dillon,Ryan Phillepe,and Jennifer Esposito.Showtime is running it this month and I highly reccomend it for the new Jet Nation Movie Club I'm starting as of now.

List the movies that you think we should all watch-leaving out the most obvious ones(Godfathers etc.).

Also,Showtime has a show on that I'd been hearing about called Brotherhood-I watched it last night for the 1st time-pretty damn good from what I saw

I watched it this weekend.

The writing was clever and it was unique how they tied things together.

Good movie. I watched Munich last night and liked it also.

Vacation (1983) - Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Randy Quaid and Christie Brinkley :cheers:

"I think you're all ****ed in the head. We're ten hours from the ****ing fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much ****ing fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're *******s! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy ****! "

I liked it too.:)

Not what I was expecting. I had no idea what it was about. I just grabbed it cause it was the only thing in at the time.

yea we've been talking about it all morning here-me, the wife, and my daughter Jackie-my brother reccomended it to me yesterday and said it was great-I agree

we watched it before the oscars. my wife loved it. I thought it was pretty good but didn't knock my socks off

I felt the same way about it,and definitely didn't think it deserved to win best picture. I still say Cinderella Man was the best movie of last year.

Wasn't a big fan of Crash. Seemed like they were trying to hard to make a point, and at the end there was no point to it.

Movies to watch:

The Machinist- If you like Memento and Identity, you'll like this movie. Christian Bale drops down to 120 lbs. just before he had to play Batman.

Layer Cake- A bit like Snatch, but with better writing.

Bubba Ho-Tep- Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell doing what they do best. Low budget Horror/Comedy. What if Elvis was still alive and his nursing home was attacked by an evil mummy?

Boondock Saints- I'm sure everyone has heard of this by now. If not, see it.

The Aristocrats- How many ways can you tell the world's dirtiest joke?

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang- My favorite movie of 2005.

The Matador- Pierce Brosnan as you've never seen him before. Great black comedy about a hitman losing his mind.

Wasn't a big fan of Crash. Seemed like they were trying to hard to make a point, and at the end there was no point to it.

Movies to watch:

The Machinist- If you like Memento and Identity, you'll like this movie. Christian Bale drops down to 120 lbs. just before he had to play Batman.

Layer Cake- A bit like Snatch, but with better writing.

Bubba Ho-Tep- Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell doing what they do best. Low budget Horror/Comedy. What if Elvis was still alive and his nursing home was attacked by an evil mummy?

Boondock Saints- I'm sure everyone has heard of this by now. If not, see it.

The Aristocrats- How many ways can you tell the world's dirtiest joke?

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang- My favorite movie of 2005.

The Matador- Pierce Brosnan as you've never seen him before. Great black comedy about a hitman losing his mind.

good picks,, I luv Indy flicks,,

i would add

good night and good luck

kung fu hustle

syriana

before sunset

sky high (for kids/parents to see together,, charming)

festival express (for old hippies)

a very long engagement

history of violence

hotel rwanda

Out Of Sight was real good too-Clooney, Cheadle,Steve Zahn,J-Lo Ving Rhames and the guy who played Nemo's father's voice Oh yea Jose Guzman was also in it and the Captain from Crime Story-I'm having some elderly moments here I think-Dennis Farina and Albert Brooks-oh yea that hot MILF from The 40 Year Old Virgin was Clooney's ex-wife in it too...whatever her name is

Out Of Sight was real good too-Clooney, Cheadle,Steve Zahn,J-Lo Ving Rhames and the guy who played Nemo's father's voice Oh yea Jose Guzman was also in it and the Captain from Crime Story-I'm having some elderly moments here I think-Dennis Farina and Albert Brooks-oh yea that hot MILF from The 40 Year Old Virgin was Clooney's ex-wife in it too...whatever her name is

elderly moment? you pretty much named the whole cast.wish I had that kinda memory recall. sounds like a flick worth watching. hope I can remember the name of it when I get to blockbusters:)

elderly moment? you pretty much named the whole cast.wish I had that kinda memory recall. sounds like a flick worth watching. hope I can remember the name of it when I get to blockbusters:)

yea Joe-I hadda Google it up in the middle of the post so as not to look like a complete idiot.Plus,it has quite a cast as you can see and I didn't want to leave anybody out

Out Of Sight it's on DTV again this month-worth the watch for sure

:) :) :)

good list sj & thorr,i,ve only seen a few of them. history of violence was a great flick.

loved snatch so i'll have to check out layercake

if you haven't seen it yet,also check out lock,stock and 2 smoking barrels...another guy ritchie movie,he made it before snatch. Its not as good as Snatch (insert dirty joke here),but its still a good movie and worth a look.

if you haven't seen it yet,also check out lock,stock and 2 smoking barrels...another guy ritchie movie,he made it before snatch. Its not as good as Snatch (insert dirty joke here),but its still a good movie and worth a look.

thanks shutout, I pretty much ran to blockbusters the next day when I found out there was a follow up to snatch. I remember cause the girl gave me a funny look when I said, remember me?I rented snatch last night & need the follow up:) . not as good maybe but still pretty funny.

Movies to watch:

Natural Born Killers - Terrific performances by Woody Harrelson, Juliette Lewis, Robert Downey Jr., and Tommy Lee Jones.

At Close Range - If you like Christopher Walken, it's a must see.

Chopper - True story portraying the life of Aussie criminal Mark Brandon "Chopper" Reed starring Eric Bana.

American History X - One of the most powerful movies I've ever seen.

Requiem for a Dream - You'll never wanna mess with hard drugs after watching this movie. Very depressing but a great flick.

Of course me and Southern Jet will have to highly recommend The Big Lebowski-

Millers' Crossing is another one that's great by the Cohn Brothers. Man, Gabriel Byrne sure can take a friggin beating

Man,Lebowski shouldn't be recommended...It should be mandatory.

Here are some from my vault:

The Salton Sea

Donnie Darko

Stay

The Island

Hustle and Flow

25th Hour

That's a very small sample of movies that I have. All of them are pretty good. If you want an unexpected good laugh watch Mean Girls... and I'm not even kidding.

If you haven't seen Gangs of New York yet, you HAVE to watch that. Oh yeah and Zoolander too. :)

Both are really good movies.:cheers:

Alk, we may not agree on much but movies we seem to almost always agree on.

I wasn't a huge fan of Crash, I thought it was way overdone and, frankly, a bit corny.

That being said, there are definitely some powerful parts to the movie, definitely makes the viewer think about his/her own life, actions, etc. So in that regard, it was definitely a success and, consequently, worth a watch.

Not Oscar material, however. IMO.

Here are some from my vault:

The Salton Sea

Donnie Darko

Stay

The Island

Hustle and Flow

25th Hour

That's a very small sample of movies that I have. All of them are pretty good. If you want an unexpected good laugh watch Mean Girls... and I'm not even kidding.

I love the Salton Sea. Val Kilmer at his best. I was just actually thinking about adding that to this thread. Good call.

25th Hour is another great flick. Edward Norton doesn't get enough roles, but if you were banging Salma Hayek, would you leave the house?

And I was very pleasantly surprised at Mean Girls. Good movie.

The Island was a stolen movie. Check out Parts: The Clonus Horror.

A Comedy GEM that slipped through the cracks somewhat a year or two ago was

'Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle'

Its freakin hilarious and in the politically incorrect theme of Blazing Saddles..

very good movie,,,

two stoned out college guys, one Asian, one Indian on a crazy escapade

A Comedy GEM that slipped through the cracks somewhat a year or two ago was

'Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle'

Its freakin hilarious and in the politically incorrect theme of Blazing Saddles..

very good movie,,,

two stoned out college guys, one Asian, one Indian on a crazy escapade

Yeah, that movie was funny as hell.

Archived