Ponson to the yankees

Smizzy

I was in Aruba three years ago. He was a national hero there.

Bob, I know exactly what you're talking about. I go to Aruba every other year for a week-10 days and all the bartenders there and people talk about Sidney Ponson as a hero of the country. It's pretty funny. But then again, he wasn't doing all too bad a few years back.

Not sure about that. He will probably pitch crappy and the team meals just got MUCH more expensive.

:P

Did he not start out 4-0 with a sub 3.00 ERA? He's had a rough stretch of late but he can turn things around with some run support and being back in the AL, knowing the batters.

Well you should hope Ponson didn't cost too much. He's got a pretty big contract and he's not too far away from being a right-handed David Wells...

Except that Wells USED to be a good big game pitcher and has actually accomplished something in his life noteworthy.

But yes, both are fat, drunk, and stupid.

Did he not start out 4-0 with a sub 3.00 ERA? He's had a rough stretch of late but he can turn things around with some run support and being back in the AL, knowing the batters.

How is he going to turn it around by going BACK to AL? I thought the NL was the AL's AAA? Remember how Carl Pavano had 18 wins for the Marlins then disappeared with your Yankees?

How is he going to turn it around by going BACK to AL? I thought the NL was the AL's AAA? Remember how Carl Pavano had 18 wins for the Marlins then disappeared with your Yankees?

The NL is the AAA, but, Ponson does know the hitters and he's getting over some personal issues recently so I believe he can turn it around. He also will get better run support then what he was getting in St.Louis.

Oh and Jet/Sox, just think, the Sox were interested in Ponson, you could've had 2 fat, former alcoholic pitchers.

The NL is the AAA, but, Ponson does know the hitters and he's getting over some personal issues recently so I believe he can turn it around. He also will get better run support then what he was getting in St.Louis.

Oh and Jet/Sox, just think, the Sox were interested in Ponson, you could've had 2 fat, former alcoholic pitchers.

If by "getting over some personal issues" means "gaining enough weight to surpass a killer whale", then yeah, I hear that.

If by "getting over some personal issues" means "gaining enough weight to surpass a killer whale", then yeah, I hear that.

What an assinine thing to say.

getting over some personal issues means gaining enough weight to surpass a sperm whale. If you weren't just a biased Met fan,you'd know his personal issues revolve around moby dick.

From Boston Papers:

One thing that may have changed is the idea that the Red Sox are the more obsessed rival. Baseball stories in New York newspapers have become increasingly Boston-centric. Yesterday's Post insisted that pitcher Sidney Ponson ``snubbed" the Sox when he signed with the Yankees Friday.

``Not true," said Epstein. ``We had no interest in him. None. And you can quote me."

From Boston Papers:

One thing that may have changed is the idea that the Red Sox are the more obsessed rival. Baseball stories in New York newspapers have become increasingly Boston-centric. Yesterday's Post insisted that pitcher Sidney Ponson ``snubbed" the Sox when he signed with the Yankees Friday.

``Not true," said Epstein. ``We had no interest in him. None. And you can quote me."

Somone's lying.

Archived