Chiefs media still don't get it...

NIGHT STALKER

Chiefs | Brown ready for No. 2 role

Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:44:20 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Dee Brown is ready to be the team's primary backup to starting RB Larry Johnson. "I will be Larry Johnson's backup," Brown says straight-faced, and then repeats himself. "I'm ready, and you can capitalize that in bold print." This year appears to be Brown's best NFL opportunity and he knows it. RB Priest Holmes' neurological issues are still lingering, the Chiefs have promised to run the ball more this fall, and even Johnson can't carry the ball 500 times. Brown is a 5-foot-10, 210-pound analytical runner with good hands who can make defenders miss in small spaces. Much like Holmes, Brown is a good change-of-pace back for the Chiefs. Brown should be busy this season. Head coach Herman Edwards wants to run the ball about 35 times a game and knows that Johnson, who ran for nine straight 100-yard games, will need some breathers. Being the No. 2 guy in Kansas City could be a productive gig for Brown.

I guess they'll have to witness Hermy's tactics up close and personal...:rolleyes:

Chiefs | Brown ready for No. 2 role

Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:44:20 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Dee Brown is ready to be the team's primary backup to starting RB Larry Johnson. "I will be Larry Johnson's backup," Brown says straight-faced, and then repeats himself. "I'm ready, and you can capitalize that in bold print." This year appears to be Brown's best NFL opportunity and he knows it. RB Priest Holmes' neurological issues are still lingering, the Chiefs have promised to run the ball more this fall, and even Johnson can't carry the ball 500 times. Brown is a 5-foot-10, 210-pound analytical runner with good hands who can make defenders miss in small spaces. Much like Holmes, Brown is a good change-of-pace back for the Chiefs. Brown should be busy this season. Head coach Herman Edwards wants to run the ball about 35 times a game and knows that Johnson, who ran for nine straight 100-yard games, will need some breathers. Being the No. 2 guy in Kansas City could be a productive gig for Brown.

I guess they'll have to witness Hermy's tactics up close and personal...:rolleyes:

hahaha,, and I wonder what the Vegas line is, on who will be the 1st assistant coach to be thrown under the bus

Who the hell is Dee Brown? The only Dee Brown I've heard of was the PG for the Illinois basketball team.:character42:

Edit Note: This guy is going into his 6th season with his 4th team. Started 3 games for Carolina in 2002...and this is his 2nd year in KC. Who the hell does he think he is?

Who the hell is Dee Brown? The only Dee Brown I've heard of was the PG for the Illinois basketball team.:character42:

Edit Note: This guy is going into his 6th season with his 4th team. Started 3 games for Carolina in 2002...and this is his 2nd year in KC. Who the hell does he think he is?

He thinks he's a backup running back. He's right.

and is that true...did herm actually state I want to run the ball 35 times a game. painfully reminiscent of the "we want curtis to get his 1,000 yards comment". any truth to the rumor in the KC Legder that herm will be placing yellow star decals on the helmets of players who are going to get the ball?

and is that true...did herm actually state I want to run the ball 35 times a game. painfully reminiscent of the "we want curtis to get his 1,000 yards comment". any truth to the rumor in the KC Legder that herm will be placing yellow star decals on the helmets of players who are going to get the ball?

The thing about it is, he really will run the ball 35 times a game.

Doesn't matter what the score, who the opponent is, or if the other team is starting two inexperienced CB's, picked up the week before off somebody else's scrap pile. Just keep feeding the ball to Johnson.

I used to think every time Herm would announce his gameplan months, weeks, or days in advance, that it was all just a ruse. But no, he would actually do everything that he said he was gonna do.

The best (worst?) one was when he announced on a Tuesday that "Vinny would start but Chad was gonna play" against the Eagles in 2003, and Damn if that isn't exactly what he did.

Unbelievable.

I used to think every time Herm would announce his gameplan months, weeks, or days in advance, that it was all just a ruse. But no, he would actually do everything that he said he was gonna do.

JetMo...

I remember thinking the EXACT same thing. This week we want to blah blah blah. People would talk about how dumb Herm was. Giving away his game plan. Yet I thought he was being coy. That they would do the opposite. Unfortunately he was being serious.

Tlaking about Curtis and the 1,000 yards as a goal was the final straw. That is just terrible, the team is falling apart but let's put an individual goal as item # 1 on the list. Embarassing.

JetMo...

I remember thinking the EXACT same thing. This week we want to blah blah blah. People would talk about how dumb Herm was. Giving away his game plan. Yet I thought he was being coy. That they would do the opposite. Unfortunately he was being serious.

Tlaking about Curtis and the 1,000 yards as a goal was the final straw. That is just terrible, the team is falling apart but let's put an individual goal as item # 1 on the list. Embarassing.

Wow, u r right,, I was never a big Herm fan,, but Max is right,, that is the point where i went from not bein a herm fan, to being embarrassed as a jet fan that my coachin staff had that approach to a season

On a personal note I have reached an all time low today. When people say I am right they preface the statement with a WOW.

lol.

haha,, didnt mean it that way,,

the WOW was in refernce to 'ya, i remember that day , readin that article andit was a ll time low as far as 'this guy is clueless',,not its verified in print,,

u r right 99.9% of the time Max,, u r the Ivory Soap of WebLords..

JetMo...

I may have been one of the last few on the planet who stuck with

Herm, but it all came crashing down on me when I heard how out of

shape he let the players get, how he held these lengthy press

briefings, the aforementioned game plan announcements, etc.

If he sticks to the same MO in KC I feel sorry for those fans who are

as I understand are pretty dedicated.

Did any of yin'z watch the Jets / Ravens GOTW on NFL net last night?

I watched alot of it and man that was some terrible play-calling and clock management on Herm's part in the fourth quarter. I see how so many of you got so frustrated with him over the years. The Jets outplayed the ravens badly IMO and still had to take the loss. That had to suck.

I watched alot of it and man that was some terrible play-calling and clock management on Herm's part in the fourth quarter. I see how so many of you got so frustrated with him over the years. The Jets outplayed the ravens badly IMO and still had to take the loss. That had to suck.

watch out,, u r belittling rajensens main man,,his lombardi -clone,, his guru of the matriculators

If I were on the sidelines I would have choked him myself. What I don't understand is how a guy that lacked so much in coaching could have the team so low in penalties year in year out. Does it just come down to the players?

If I were on the sidelines I would have choked him myself. What I don't understand is how a guy that lacked so much in coaching could have the team so low in penalties year in year out. Does it just come down to the players?

when your offense is only on the field for 3-and-outs they don't have as many opportunities to commit penalties and for defense to commit penalities, you actually have to be near the ball in position to make a play.

Hard to say. But that game just wreaked of bad/lacadasical coaching from start to finish IMO. It just seemed like when coaching mistakes weren't being made, the team had that "oh no, here we go again" attitude. But Herm's mistakes outshined everything. Then to top it off, his team's inside the 5 yard line, i believe, near the end of the 4th and they let valuable time run off the clock before finally calling timeout, only to kick the FG to send it to OT. I think he should have went for the win there.

Hard to say. But that game just wreaked of bad/lacadasical coaching from start to finish IMO. It just seemed like when coaching mistakes weren't being made, the team had that "oh no, here we go again" attitude. But Herm's mistakes outshined everything. Then to top it off, his team's inside the 5 yard line, i believe, near the end of the 4th and they let valuable time run off the clock before finally calling timeout, only to kick the FG to send it to OT. I think he should have went for the win there.

You are preaching to the choir my friend. 98% of Jets fans hated Herm. He would be a great college coach, just like Pete (I sucked in the NFL) Carroll.

You are preaching to the choir my friend. 98% of Jets fans hated Herm. He would be a great college coach, just like Pete (I sucked in the NFL) Carroll.

i disagree. herm might be able to recruit, but the competition at the elite level in college will chew you up if you make as many coaching blunders and always have a transparent game plan. throw in clock management errors and a lack of discipline (what a disaster if he tried to treat 19 year old college kids like "men")-- mack brown or bobby bowden would eat herm alive.

Archived