Melky may be on way out

Maynardrules#13

Thats not true acctualy. the teams that have done the best job in personal lately like the red sox the a's and the bluejays. Weigh OBP and OPS much higher then other meaningless stats.

That's your own personal opinion. Show me where you've read where a player has been traded based on OBP and OPS.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And what does my so-called insecurity about the Mets and having to validate them have to do with Cano vs. Lopez?

DP's are important, just ask A-Rod who GIDP'd last year in the playoffs in the 9th inning with nobody out. K's, I more or less agree with you about, as I said before. And average, I didn't even use it in my argument you thick-skulled moron. You ARE being biased because you're only using ONE stat and IGNORING the rest because they don't agree with you.

This entire thing right here was a ****ing moronic statement because I DIDN'T SAY IT YOU JACKASS. Please, quote me where I said this. Do it. Right now.

1. Cano is clearly a better hitter then Lopez based on his stats and if you're arguing it either you're a complete moron or you have an agenda. The "one stat" I'm using TAKES INTO CONSIDERATION all the other stats that mean anything.

2. Good take one situation where arod hit into a DP to show that the DP stat over a season means anything LOL thats the definition of small sample size.

3. Maybe it wasn't you who said that about the system. If not i apologize.

1. Cano is clearly a better hitter then Lopez based on his stats and if you're arguing it either you're a complete moron or you have an agenda. The "one stat" I'm using TAKES INTO CONSIDERATION all the other stats that mean anything.

2. Good take one situation where arod hit into a DP to show that the DP stat over a season means anything LOL thats the definition of small sample size.

3. Maybe it wasn't you who said that about the system. If not i apologize.

1. Maybe Cano is a better hitter, maybe not, but Lopez is more valuable to his team, therefore a better player.

2. All DP's kill any potential rallies to add runs.

3. It definitely wasn't me.

1. Maybe Cano is a better hitter, maybe not, but Lopez is more valuable to his team, therefore a better player.

2. All DP's kill any potential rallies to add runs.

3. It definitely wasn't me.

1. Wrong again cano's raplacement value is higher therefore he is by definition more valuable. It's not alot higher but it's higher non the less.

2. In one game DP's kill you. Over the course of a season they have no effect on run production.

Read the book Moneyball.

Are you kidding me? Is that where you're getting this info from? Michael Lewis the author uses Billy Beane the GM as an example on how to run baseball operations...it's an unordox way of running a team...so, how many WS rings has Billy won with this approach to the game?

I'm surprised being the big Yankees fan you are, you would either consider this book...believe me, Yankee brass haven't read the book. And don't give me the BS that they need to.

Are you kidding me? Is that where you're getting this info from? Michael Lewis the author uses Billy Beane the GM as an example on how to run baseball operations...it's an unordox way of running a team...so, how many WS rings as Billy won with this approach to the game?

I'm surprised being the big Yankees fan you are, you would either consider this book...believe me, Yankee brass haven't read the book. And don't give me the BS that they need to.

That kind of approach is accutaly getting more and more widespread in baseball and The Blue Jays and Red Sox run their teams like that now. It's not about WS rings in theory. It's about judging value in players. The a's win with a 40 million dollar payroll because they know how to evaluate players and get more bang for the buck. The playoffs are basicly a crapshoot.

I wish the yankees would run their team alot more like the a's jays and boston do. If they did they wouldn't have useless players like Cairo Crosby Phillips and Stennett killing their team. And they might have had some depth to compensite for their injuries.

That kind of approach is accutaly getting more and more widespread in baseball and The Blue Jays and Red Sox run their teams like that now. It's not about WS rings in theory. It's about judging value in players. The a's win with a 40 million dollar payroll because they know how to evaluate players and get more bang for the buck. The playoffs are basicly a crapshoot.

I wish the yankees would run their team alot more like the a's jays and boston do. If they did they wouldn't have useless players like Cairo Crosby Phillips and Stennett killing their team. And they might have had some depth to compensite for their injuries.

The bottom line is still winning WS rings as much as you want to down play it to support your opinion. Who cares what the A's win during the season? It's the fall classic that counts.

Yeah, it's Cairo, Crosby, Phillips and Stennet killing this team...:rolleyes:

The bottom line is still winning WS rings as much as you want to down play it to support your opinion. Who cares what the A's win during the season? It's the fall classic that counts.

Obviously the yankees want to win WS and they don't have the money problems the a's do so they don't have to rely on that kind of evaluation as much but where it could've really helped them is building a bench. they had NO DEPTH when matsui and sheffield went down and they had to play completely useless players because they did a horrible job this offseason.

Cairo has played like 2 weeks in a row now and he's KILLED the team because he can't hit. they had no decent utility infileder to prepare for any injuries.

Stennett is so horrible. BOTH HITTING and behind the plate that posada is on pace to play a CARRER HIGH in games because having stennett in the lineup KILLS the team and at 34 posada's innings will catch up to him in the 2nd half.

Phillips is playing every day basicly and hsn't done anything for a month not to mention his JOKE under 700 OPS.

If the yankees had players who would've contributed to the team instead of this garbage they would be in first place and thats where better player evaluation in the offseason would come in.

I knew this is where you get your nonsense from.

Moneyball = Zito-Mulder-Hudson and a juiced up Giambi not some BS Beane used to sell a book.

It also produced zero WS rings.

They made the playoffs consistantly with a 40 million dollar payroll and they are gonna do it again this year without Hudson Mulder Tejada or Giambi. The playoffs are a complete crapshoot as the yankees have found out the last 2 years.

Wow. Do you think they're actually helping? Having those 4 guys at the bottom of our lineup KILLS us. They cant hit.

Our pitching has been fine. Johnsons been good over the past month or so and Wright has been a lot better than any of us thought. Another bat would be amazing.

They made the playoffs consistantly with a 40 million dollar payroll and they are gonna do it again this year without Hudson Mulder Tejada or Giambi. The playoffs are a complete crapshoot as the yankees have found out the last 2 years.

Not without Zito-Mulder and Hudson they haven't and this year is no lock.

Wow. Do you think they're actually helping? Having those 4 guys at the bottom of our lineup KILLS us. They cant hit.

Our pitching has been fine. Johnsons been good over the past month or so and Wright has been a lot better than any of us thought. Another bat would be amazing.

So, you're for one of these Yankee fans that wants an All Star at ever position. Relax, we have an entire half of baseball left.

So, you're for one of these Yankee fans that wants an All Star at ever position. Relax, we have an entire half of baseball left.

There is a HUGE difference between having an "an All Star at ever position" and having solid role players who contribute to the team and don't have negitive replacement values. The yankees don't have that right now.

Not even close. Stinnett is a borderline major leage player, he blows. Cairo and Bubba are automatic outs when playing.

The Yankee pitching has been more than adequate this season, its the bottom of the lineup that hurts.

Not even close. Stinnett is a borderline major leage player, he blows. Cairo and Bubba are automatic outs when playing.

The Yankee pitching has been more than adequate this season, its the bottom of the lineup that hurts.

Stennett is a borderline MINOR LEAGUE player. Same with Bubba and the yankees have to clear cairo just like NL teams clear the pitcher.

The problem is some of our Yankee fans do not know Baseball prior to 1996.

They are spoiled and thus you cannot talk anything anti Yankee as a BB discussion without personal attacks.

Ever since these posters were in Little League the Yanks have always been "stacked" and the play-offs were a sure thing.

As a point of reference could you imagine how hard a Met fan would be killed on this forum if we posted that Melky Cabrera was worth anything other than being a very nice kid and a solid 4th outfielder.

Wilson has had one good season and Burnitz failed miserably in New York twice with the Mets.

I don't see the need to add a hitter. Cabrera is fine and I expect him to be the starting RF next season.

You want to get someone to come off the bench as a PH go bring back Ruben Sierra who just got released from the Twins.

Unless the Yanks are getting pitching Cabrera stays.

Wilson has had one good season and Burnitz failed miserably in New York twice with the Mets.

I don't see the need to add a hitter. Cabrera is fine and I expect him to be the starting RF next season.

You want to get someone to come off the bench as a PH go bring back Ruben Sierra who just got released from the Twins.

Unless the Yanks are getting pitching Cabrera stays.

There is NO CHANCE that melky is gonna start in RF for the yankees with a 740 OPS. Ruben is done.

There is NO CHANCE that melky is gonna start in RF for the yankees with a 740 OPS. Ruben is done.

I don't see them resigning Sheffield after his contract is up and with A-Rod and Giambi they are fine with power. I still don't think we have seen the best of Cabrera and he is what 21-22 yrs old.

Kinda hard to give up on a kid who basically came back from the abyss after his disasterous call-up last year. He is some moxie to him. Something this team has lacked the last couple of seasons.

I don't see them resigning Sheffield after his contract is up and with A-Rod and Giambi they are fine with power. I still don't think we have seen the best of Cabrera and he is what 21-22 yrs old.

Kinda hard to give up on a kid who basically came back from the abyss after his disasterous call-up last year. He is some moxie to him. Something this team has lacked the last couple of seasons.

I'm not giving up on him but he hasn't shown that he hits nearly enough to start in a corner outfield spot. If they don't get Bobby Abreu this season or sign sheffield then they will go out in the FA market for a RF answer such as Carlos Lee.

I'm not giving up on him but he hasn't shown that he hits nearly enough to start in a corner outfield spot. If they don't get Bobby Abreu this season or sign sheffield then they will go out in the FA market for a RF answer such as Carlos Lee.

You dont need to have great production from every position when you have guys like Damon, Jeter, Cano, Giambi, Arod, Matsui and Posada all booked for next season and in the future. Cabrera can be more then valuable as soon as he learns to bunt better, develops alittle more power. He'll hit for a good average, steal a few bases and play solid defense.

We dont need a slugger at every position in this lineup that is for sure.

With all that money invested into the starting lineup and rotation, the Yanks bet on no injuries and bad bench players and it is catch up with them. You figure with all that money some could be spread around to get some insurance policies. Speaking from the Sox point of view it's great to have guys like Alex Cora, Wily Mo Pena, and Doug Mirabelli to come in and not miss a beat.

With all that money invested into the starting lineup and rotation, the Yanks bet on no injuries and bad bench players and it is catch up with them. You figure with all that money some could be spread around to get some insurance policies. Speaking from the Sox point of view it's great to have guys like Alex Cora, Wily Mo Pena, and Doug Mirabelli to come in and not miss a beat.

How does it feel that the yankees bascily lost 65 HR and 230 RBI's right in the middle of their lineup not to mention their all star 2B, had no depth to replace any of those players and have been playing AAA players for months yet your overrated team is only 1 game up.

How does it feel that the yankees bascily lost 65 HR and 230 RBI's right in the middle of their lineup not to mention their all star 2B, had no depth to replace any of those players and have been playing AAA players for months yet your overrated team is only 1 game up.

How are we overrated when we weren't picked to win the division? And don't complain to me about your management's poor roster decisions. Make a bed and lie in it.

How are we overrated when we weren't picked to win the division? And don't complain to me about your management's poor roster decisions. Make a bed and lie in it.

I'm not complaining about anything. The fact remains that boston couldn't seperate themselves from the yankees dispite us losing 65 homers and 220 RBI's and having no one to replace them with.

LOL, yeah those Red Sox are certainly underdogs! Nobody expected much from them. Poor small market team.

LOL, yeah those Red Sox are certainly underdogs! Nobody expected much from them. Poor small market team.

Not what I said. You're misconstruing the words. We were expected to contend for the WC because this was the Yankees year. We are above and beyond expectations. Deal with it.

Archived