Beckett = Ace

JonEJet

Bro this is a weird one to fight. Anyone who watched Hughes for any time at all will tell you they really like this kids chances. The kid can flat out pitch.

I have nothing against Hughes.

I was making the point that madmike feels that Hughes is going to be the "man" with hardly any MLB experience but in the same breath he says Beckett stinks.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy that is madmike.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have nothing against Hughes.

I was making the point that madmike feels that Hughes is going to be the "man" with hardly any MLB experience but in the same breath he says Beckett stinks.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy that is madmike.

And your inability to put together a coherent argument points out the stupidity that is you. You are ignorant and ill informed.

And your inability to put together a coherent argument points out the stupidity that is you. You are ignorant and ill informed.

There is no argument with you. You are 100% correct and everyone else is full of crap.

When you are proven wrong you change the subject or ignore the post.

There is no argument with you. You are 100% correct and everyone else is full of crap.

When you are proven wrong you change the subject or ignore the post.

You're the one who is changing the subject pal. You've changed the subject about 7 times in this friggin thread because you're not equipped to argue facts with me.

You're the one who is changing the subject pal. You've changed the subject about 7 times in this friggin thread because you're not equipped to argue facts with me.

It's kind of hard to argue with someone who never answers the questions with a real answer.

And I'll take the 27 year old ace who is now 5-2 in the postseason, with 3 CG shutouts and a 1.78 ERA.

Oh, btw, he just went 20-7 with an ERA of 3.27 in the toughest division in baseball, and he's going to win the Cy Young.

Sounds pretty decent to me. :biggrin:

I've answered every question. You just have an agenda and you don't understand anything about the way to use stats so you've just dismissed everything i've said.

So saying Beckett or Welker sucks is an answer? Not to mention that Lowell was "lucky" this year.

Awesome answers.

Thats why you have to know what stats are important and which ones aren't.

How about wins?

One pitcher is 3-0 in the playoffs with a 1.17 ERA. Which is an extension of what he has done previously.

One pitcher won 20 games last season. He made three less starts, but had only 4 less innings, while cutting his HRs and BBs allowed in half, his Ks were up and his ERA dropped 1.74 runs a game.

Plus, his WHIP was good.

You said Beckett was average, which is what a 3rd starter is. He has shown he is anything, but average.

How about wins?

One pitcher is 3-0 in the playoffs with a 1.17 ERA. Which is an extension of what he has done previously.

One pitcher won 20 games last season. He made three less starts, but had only 4 less innings, while cutting his HRs and BBs allowed in half, his Ks were up and his ERA dropped 1.74 runs a game.

Plus, his WHIP was good.

You said Beckett was average, which is what a 3rd starter is. He has shown he is anything, but average.

Madmike will tell you which stats are important.

Gosh, you guys are dumb.

How about wins?

Plus, his WHIP was good.

All you're doing here is cherry picking the good parts of his Resume like this season and his 8 playoff starts and ignoring everything else.

All you're doing here is cherry picking the good parts of his Resume like this season and his 8 playoff starts and ignoring everything else.

Yeah, because ball clubs really hate pitchers that pitch great in big games like the playoffs and World Series.

Who really wants that?

A pitcher pitched great this season? Yuch. Show me what he did 2 years ago. THAT is what is most important.

God, you guys are really stupid.

Bro this is a weird one to fight. Anyone who watched Hughes for any time at all will tell you they really like this kids chances. The kid can flat out pitch.

I don't think anyone disagrees on Hughes although he didn't set the league ablaze, the stuff was clearly there. What is being fought is the nonsense that Beckett is being belittled by Mikey. So many have talked about how ARod can't do this in the post season or how clutch the lil Captain is yet Beckett's numbers in that area are lights out. Oh yeah...and he's 27.

It has been proven now that post season baseball is a roll of the dice. Sure 200 million dollar payrolls will assure you a seat, albeit a WC, but what wins come October is big game pitching......Beckett is exactly that. How lil Mikey feels HE gets to decide whether that is a true barometer on Beckett is the issue of this thread. Trust me, any current Yankee SP with Beckett's "Mariano like" post season resume would be a HOF candidate by Mikey.

Remember when Madmike exiled himself from the baseball forum?

Good times.

Yeah, but he didn't say it was temporary. what he said was that this is a Jets site and he came here to talk about Football not baseball. so he was never ever going to come back and post in this forum ever again as long as that old meanie stalker Scott Dierking was around. :biggrin:

I don't think anyone disagrees on Hughes although he didn't set the league ablaze, the stuff was clearly there. What is being fought is the nonsense that Beckett is being belittled by Mikey. So many have talked about how ARod can't do this in the post season or how clutch the lil Captain is yet Beckett's numbers in that area are lights out. Oh yeah...and he's 27.

It has been proven now that post season baseball is a roll of the dice. Sure 200 million dollar payrolls will assure you a seat, albeit a WC, but what wins come October is big game pitching......Beckett is exactly that. How lil Mikey feels HE gets to decide whether that is a true barometer on Beckett is the issue of this thread. Trust me, any current Yankee SP with Beckett's "Mariano like" post season resume would be a HOF candidate by Mikey.

Dude HATES Derek Jeter. lol

This is my favourite madmike quote:

Originally Posted by madmike1

I never said he would dominate from the second he came into the bigs. He's 21 years friggin old LOL. Anyone who knows anything in baseball knows that Hughes is a stud. His peripherals SCREAM stud even with his inflated ERA.

Talk about cherry picking stats, although I'm not sure if "peripherals" is an actual stat!

Yeah, but he didn't say it was temporary. what he said was that this is a Jets site and he came here to talk about Football not baseball. so he was never ever going to come back and post in this forum ever again as long as that old meanie stalker Scott Dierking was around. :biggrin:

That ass wasn't the reason i left and he's not the reason i came back. Remember when he said he left because of me than came back?

That ass wasn't the reason i left and he's not the reason i came back. Remember when he said he left because of me than came back?

No, the reason Mike had to leave is that he couldn't play nice with others.

If others happen to have a difference of opinion, Mike has to resort to name calling and personal attcks in order to prove that his poinbt is the smartest point in the world. And the only one that counts.

Typical Napoleon complex. What we should find out is who are the third graders that picked on him when he was in 6th grade, and created this paranoid schizophrenic persona. They are the ones that should be subjected to the rants of a maniacal ego maniac.

No, the reason Mike had to leave is that he couldn't play nice with others.

If others happen to have a difference of opinion, Mike has to resort to name calling and personal attcks in order to prove that his poinbt is the smartest point in the world. And the only one that counts.

Typical Napoleon complex. What we should find out is who are the third graders that picked on him when he was in 6th grade, and created this paranoid schizophrenic persona. They are the ones that should be subjected to the rants of a maniacal ego maniac.

Scott, for the love of God, stop encouraging him!

Archived