heat wave

TaborJet

Folks in the Northeast:

Stay cool today. It's supposed to reach 110 today with the heat index. We only hit these crazy numbers a few times a year, and we know how to deal with it, but it bears repeating. Stay indoors. Check the elderly. Keep yourself hydrated. If you work outside, take frequent breaks.

I work outside and these safety practices can't be preached enough. Luckily, I'm on the 2nd shift tonight, so the sun will be gone.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of you that live in areas that have harsh winters and are on this thread complaining - go stick needles in your eyes. Seriously. I'd rather have a month-long heat wave than 20 inches of snow and ice and 10 degree weather. Winter sucks.

how many days left?????

60+ and they all are going to be 110+.

Just found out we have not even hit the hottest part of the summer. That is just excellent.

Garb

I am with you. Winter sucks.

For all of you that live in areas that have harsh winters and are on this thread complaining - go stick needles in your eyes. Seriously. I'd rather have a month-long heat wave than 20 inches of snow and ice and 10 degree weather. Winter sucks.

Want to change places?

I love snow, I love 10 degree weather and I LOVE WINTER!!!

Cold is the way to go.:cheers:

I guess Basketball at the courts today isn't going to happen.

:-k What to do...

AC and a couple PS2 games would have been ideal for me. By the way, was MLB 2K6 any good? I'm not a baseball fan at all but for some reason I have always like baseball video games ever since RBI Baseball and Bases Loaded.

Screw the heat AND the cold.

I work out in this sh*t, and could care less for either one. The snow used to have meaning for me a long time ago, when school would be closed. I never got why my parents hated snow. I got to stay home. But now the cold just sucks. Working out in it for 8-10 hours in a place where the wind just smacks you in the face and laughs the whole time. You come inside for a short break, which is really a tease. Then you go back out there and it just feels colder.

The one thing about the cold is you can keep adding layers. In the heat you can't get any more naked. you can't peel off your skin. PFSIKH, you can certainly relate to me here. I have to wear a nomex(fire retardant) suit whick covers me from head to toe, hard hat, sunglasses, ear plugs, leather gloves, saftey harness with lanyard, and about 20-30 lbs. of tools, and then I'm climbing all over the place, building scaffolds. If anyone wants a quick way to drop some pounds, come to work with me. I know, I chose this profession, and I enjoy the work. I just like when the weather cooperates.

So screw the heat, screw the cold. Give me a nice, crisp autumn day. maybe 50 degrees out. Perfect weather to work in. What's more perfect is when it's autumn, it's football season!:cheers:

AC and a couple PS2 games would have been ideal for me. By the way, was MLB 2K6 any good? I'm not a baseball fan at all but for some reason I have always like baseball video games ever since RBI Baseball and Bases Loaded.

Yeah, I really enjoyed 2k6, the graphics are pretty good and the hitting got a little more difficult when you first start to play the game. You can purchase a players inside information once you get enough points. You basically see where his hot spots are, cold spots, the catcher will show you the type of pitches that on that particular pitch he's the worst at hitting, etc. It's pretty good and fun. For $39.99, it was worth it. Try it out.

Both extremes suck.

To me, 75 degrees, sunny, dry with an ever so slight sea breeze - would be Nirvana. I hear San Diego is as close to that as you can get.

I can relate - having been born in Oceanside CA/San Diego County. While now living on the East Coast.

It can get to 109 sometimes against the shore & 120 in the Mohave.

Little to no Humidity - But the chance of Sun Stroke is high because of the sun.

You still should wear a hat!

man, 2046 just can't get here fast enough.

:baby: Now Johnny lets be more specific about these astroids::baby:

• 1998 OX4: is supposed to NEAR MISS us in 2046.
  • 2002 NT7: however is supposed to impact the planet in August of 2060.
  • 1950 DA: along with 300 other asteroids have been ploted to strike as one attack on March 16, 2880!

We missed being destroyed millions of years ago when Mars was struck by a Gamma Radiation Burst when a star system became a white dwarf - we should make it past all of these hits as well...

I would not give into the Rapture just yet! :rolleyes:

:baby: Now Johnny lets be more specific about these astroids::baby:

• 1998 OX4: is supposed to NEAR MISS us in 2046.
  • 2002 NT7: however is supposed to impact the planet in August of 2060.
  • 1950 DA: along with 300 other asteroids have been ploted to strike as one attack on March 16, 2880!

We missed being destroyed millions of years ago when Mars was struck by a Gamma Radiation Burst when a star system became a white dwarf - we should make it past all of these hits as well...

I would not give into the Rapture just yet! :rolleyes:

very interesting facts, but 2046 is significant because that's when i'll be retiring.

I'm hanging out in RIO through the new year with my new girlfriend - She keeps telling me it gets to 105 in the shade in December/January!

If you keep hydrated & wear a hat, you can survive...

Dude kids read this site. We are happy you have a new girl and all but the talk about making sure you keep her hydrated is a bit much. Plus don't think we don't know what you mean when you say wear a hat!

:cheers:

Archived