Career OPS (for MadMike)

The Troll

There is no reasoning with madmike. If a player is wearing pinstrips then he is the best player ever. Even if he makes $20 mill a year.
NICE put words in my mouth. The stats speak for themselves Nomar is a better hitter then Jeter is. That dosn't mean he's a better overall hitter but he's a better hitter.

So you only use VORP when it suits your point?
Ok retard i'll try one more time. VORP is a good stat too see whos having a better year. It's a BAD stat to compare players over their carrers. I don't use yearly stats to judge players carrers'.

Ok retard i'll try one more time. VORP is a good stat too see whos having a better year. It's a BAD stat to compare players over their carrers. I don't use yearly stats to judge players carrers'.

Don't call me a retard. That ain't cool.

Have I made a personal attack on you? No.

I am trying to make my point that you are a homer. That's it.

According to you, if a guy puts on a Yankee uniform then he is the best player MLB has ever seen.

According to you, if a guy puts on a Yankee uniform then he is the best player MLB has ever seen.

I just said that Nomar is a better HITTER over this carrer then Jeter. Either you can't read or you can't comprehend what you read which makes you a retard.

I just said that Nomar is a better HITTER over this carrer then Jeter. Either you can't read or you can't comprehend what you read which makes you a retard.

This is what you said:

That dosn't mean he's a better overall hitter but he's a better hitter.

WTF does that mean? You can't have it both ways mate.

and then thats when defense, baserunning and reliability comes in

oh, and intangibles ;)

I'm with you mate. I would take Jeter over Nomar any day of the week.

The only Yankees I respect are Jeter and Matsuei.

Believe it or not most sane Sox fans think Jeter is a great player. It's only the drunken idiots who don't appreciate what he brings to the field everyday.

Nomar is a better slugger than Jeter (or he once was, not sure what his power totals are this year), thats all that proves, madmike. OPS is not the end all be all arguement of a hitters true worth. We all know Jeter is better defensively, steals more bases, more clutch, and a better OBP, career avg is probably pretty close too. Either way, both great players, but lets not sh#t on a 21 year old OFer because he doesnt have a great OPS, madmike.

I'm with you mate. I would take Jeter over Nomar any day of the week.

The only Yankees I respect are Jeter and Matsuei.

Believe it or not most sane Sox fans think Jeter is a great player. It's only the drunken idiots who don't appreciate what he brings to the field everyday.

yep, i live in maine, and lots of sox fans here have respect for jeter. i remember one game Jeter made an acrobatic catch and throw to end the game against the Sox and my friend IM'd me and said "i hate jeter, but GOD DAMN that was sweet"

granted theres plenty of idiots who hate him and call him gay as well, but i dont mind them beacuse I like having people pick up my garbage and sell me hamburgers and fries.

Nomar is a better slugger than Jeter (or he once was, not sure what his power totals are this year), thats all that proves, madmike. OPS is not the end all be all arguement of a hitters true worth. We all know Jeter is better defensively, steals more bases, more clutch, and a better OBP, career avg is probably pretty close too. Either way, both great players, but lets not sh#t on a 21 year old OFer because he doesnt have a great OPS, madmike.

OPS would make you believe barry bonds* was having a better year than Ichiro

OPS is only fair when rankiing sluggers who walk alot

guys like Vlad Guerrero even get discredited by it

OPS would make you believe barry bonds* was having a better year than Ichiro

OPS is only fair when rankiing sluggers who walk alot

guys like Vlad Guerrero even get discredited by it

Barry Bonds IS having a better year then ichiro. Ichiro is a very overrated player.

madmike

Ichiro hits for average, steals mad bases at an incredible rate, covers RF with the best of them and has the most accurate arm in the majors (granted not as strong as Guerrero's, its still more accuarate)

he's mad under-rated just because he doesn't slug away like most players these days do

bonds* is a fat bastard who draws walks out of fear from his past accomplishments, clogs up the basepaths, creates a huge liability on defense and hits .250 when he actually gets pitched to. he's only valuable to ownership for putting people in seats and disgracing record books

madmike

Ichiro hits for average, steals mad bases at an incredible rate, covers RF with the best of them and has the most accurate arm in the majors (granted not as strong as Guerrero's, its still more accuarate)

he's mad under-rated just because he doesn't slug away like most players these days do

He's a singles hitter and stolen bases are a VERY overrated stat. They don't corrilate in any way to runs scored. He does have a great arm though. With a 843 OPS he's a good hitter but not as good as people think he is.

He's a singles hitter and stolen bases are a VERY overrated stat. They don't corrilate in any way to runs scored. He does have a great arm though. With a 843 OPS he's a good hitter but not as good as people think he is.

but you dont understand, ichiro DOES score runs, and getting a single and a stolen base is just as valuable as getting a double

plus ichiros pretty good at stretching doubles into triples, not many players can do that

but you dont understand, ichiro DOES score runs, and getting a single and a stolen base is just as valuable as getting a double

plus ichiros pretty good at stretching doubles into triples, not many players can do that

Ok now you might think those are good reasons but if you look at the stats they just don't corrilate. He's having a great year stealing bases but over his carrer he gets thrown out more then 25% of the time so you erase those extra bases 50% of those extra bases cause they cancel out. Also he has 12 triples one year but aside from that he's never been a huge triples hitter. The guy who your points apply to is Carl Crawford not ichiro.

Ask the Giants if they'd trade Bonds for Ichiro.

I hope you're joking. How are stolen bases overrated? Its clear as crstyal, stealing a base is stealing a base. It can lead to runs, mess up pitchers concentration, and keep out of double plays or get into scoring position.

Ichiro is 10X the player Barry Bonds is right now. Bonds is a broken down steroid juicer who will retire after the season is over.

Ok now you might think those are good reasons but if you look at the stats they just don't corrilate. He's having a great year stealing bases but over his carrer he gets thrown out more then 25% of the time so you erase those extra bases 50% of those extra bases cause they cancel out. Also he has 12 triples one year but aside from that he's never been a huge triples hitter. The guy who your points apply to is Carl Crawford not ichiro.

What are you even trying to say?

Archived