Team USA's mission: Return to 'rightful position'

JetNation

The U.S. once could just throw anybody on the floor and win an international tournament. Bob Finnan says the fact that has changed radically is on everybody's mind as Team USA gathers to begin preparations for the 2006 World Championships -- and 2008 beyond that.More...

'dunk dunk goose' doesn't work anymore. until nba primadonnas learn to play team ball and beat a well-coached defense they'll never regain undisputed dominance in international play again and i'm glad. a team of all-american college kids would certainly fare better in tourneys like this before they sign big conferences that pay a bonus for every time the player makes stuart scott say "booyah!" on the highlight reel.

'dunk dunk goose' doesn't work anymore. until nba primadonnas learn to play team ball and beat a well-coached defense they'll never regain undisputed dominance in international play again and i'm glad. a team of all-american college kids would certainly fare better in tourneys like this before they sign big conferences that pay a bonus for every time the player makes stuart scott say "booyah!" on the highlight reel.

I agree, it sucks to say it but the Europeans know how to play basketball. I watched a story on European bball. They take it more seriously than we ever will. If a kid decides he really wants to be good, he goes to a camp, this isn't a week long camp, this is like school. You leave home and live there for months if not longer. They don't even teach those kids what a "dunk" is. The US will get owned again but it's good to see a couple Kansas players made the squad.

Archived