Jeter = Pure Class

Gainzo

The guy is a winner. Plays hard, comes through in the clutch, and is a team player. He has my utmost respect. The guy should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

He is everything that Nomar and AROD want to be. But unfortunately for those two, they will never come close to Jeter.

Just my 2 cents on a great player.

AODJVPIWHJEG_(HJ@_(VJ_@V+GWE****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKADPIVNP"WRENBIWJHBWNRBNWREVNOWENGVWJKENV:LJSNBEGP:"NWEP:"IBNWER"PIBNWPOIJERN JWENV"asdfvawefawevqwrvqwrevqwrv'[9 BPWNRHGPIW$PINBPIN BNSDBMS:<DVM"PIWRNPIBPNV#"NMLSADV>CB< :Cuss::Cuss::Cuss::Cuss:

miguel whatever called you a homo and i was responding to his post

Thanks for the heads up on that. Just thought your response was weird! miguel is such a homer he can't even fathom that there are players on other teams that might be good!

Are you so insecure that you can't admit that Jeter is a great player?

...you just made a post professing your love for this guy for what, because he got a clutch hit early in a game against the rangers? your heart was just overflowing with so much emotion and love for him that you felt the need to make a post about it.

That's pretty homo.

David Wright got a big clutch hit tonight... you dont see me flipping out and making posts about how much I love him.

...you just made a post professing your love for this guy for what, because he got a clutch hit early in a game against the rangers? your heart was just overflowing with so much emotion and love for him that you felt the need to make a post about it.

That's pretty homo.

David Wright got a big clutch hit tonight... you dont see me flipping out and making posts about how much I love him.

But you still have a Piazza poster over your bed. HOMO.

a solo shot with a 6-0 lead already in place is clutch? Cmon man, if A-rod got the same hit you'd be crucifying him

a solo shot with a 6-0 lead already in place is clutch? Cmon man, if A-rod got the same hit you'd be crucifying him

did you watch the game, retard?

the score was never even 6-0...

New York - Bottom of 7th

Greg Maddux pitching for Chicago CHC NYM

C Delgado walked.

D Wright singled to center, J Reyes scored, C Delgado to second. 8 7

I like Jeter and think he's a great player,

however,

Here's a question maybe you yanks fans can answer

The Captain is supposed to show leadership, take care of, and defend his teammates when s*** happens, yet we've barely heard a peep from him regarding A-Rod, who's hugely overblown struggles are getting to the point of absurdity. If he has then I stand corrected, but so far all I've seen is A-Rod getting the brunt of the s***storm and him not saying a word.

did you watch the game, retard?

the score was never even 6-0...

New York - Bottom of 7th

Greg Maddux pitching for Chicago CHC NYM

C Delgado walked.

D Wright singled to center, J Reyes scored, C Delgado to second. 8 7

i misread your post, i thought you said David Ortiz. my bad.

still, go yankees.

I like Jeter and think he's a great player,

however,

Here's a question maybe you yanks fans can answer

The Captain is supposed to show leadership, take care of, and defend his teammates when s*** happens, yet we've barely heard a peep from him regarding A-Rod, who's hugely overblown struggles are getting to the point of absurdity. If he has then I stand corrected, but so far all I've seen is A-Rod getting the brunt of the s***storm and him not saying a word.

It is a very interesting question. Why did Jeter come out publically when Knoblaugh was getting crusified in 2000 for his throwing woes, but is silent now? Maybe A-Rod asked him to not say anything, and wants to battle out of it himself. I don't know.

It is a very interesting question. Why did Jeter come out publically when Knoblaugh was getting crusified in 2000 for his throwing woes, but is silent now? Maybe A-Rod asked him to not say anything, and wants to battle out of it himself. I don't know.

Like I said, I'm not knocking Jeter. He's one of the few Yanks I like, but I jsut think it's interesting. This whole thing with A-Rod has been completely blown out of proportion.

That's pretty homo.

How do you turn me saying that Jeter is classy into me professing my love for him?

I guess in your little world you can only like players who play for the teams you follow.

Are you so insecure that you can't admit that Jeter is a great player?

Jeter is gay, but you cannot argue with his resume. He can ball and not in the gay sense. Just for the record, his defense is average on a good day.

mbn

That is my one knock on Jeter. Back to 2004 when Sox players (Millar and Tek) both said less then flattering things about A-Rod, Jeter should have stood up. IMHO that is his one black mark on his Captaincy.

Jeter is gay, but you cannot argue with his resume. He can ball and not in the gay sense. Just for the record, his defense is average on a good day.

mbn

That is my one knock on Jeter. Back to 2004 when Sox players (Millar and Tek) both said less then flattering things about A-Rod, Jeter should have stood up. IMHO that is his one black mark on his Captaincy.

Yes and according to you guys he should also battle 55,000 fans every night who want to boo AROD.

Jeter doesn't fight his battles in public. He does them behind closed doors. It is the Yankee way.

Yes and according to you guys he should also battle 55,000 fans every night who want to boo AROD.

Jeter doesn't fight his battles in public. He does them behind closed doors. It is the Yankee way.

Yankee run came to a abrupt end once #2 was named Captain.

Coincidence?

Yankee run came to a abrupt end once #2 was named Captain.

Coincidence?

I was going to write something about that in my last post. But I figured I would let you do it instead.

If the Yankees don't win again with him as Captain...that would be bad. But they will win it all this year, so it isn't a problem!

I was going to write something about that in my last post. But I figured I would let you do it instead.

If the Yankees don't win again with him as Captain...that would be bad. But they will win it all this year, so it isn't a problem!

Did they add a second wildcard?

Ok, Max, Jeter is the Captain of the freaking Yankees. If he says knock it off, half the Yankee zealots, like Mad Mike, will be behind him even if they do not agree. The other half will agree with him anyways.

Ok, Max, Jeter is the Captain of the freaking Yankees. If he says knock it off, half the Yankee zealots, like Mad Mike, will be behind him even if they do not agree. The other half will agree with him anyways.

Name the Yankee Captain that has told the fans what to do? That is just an insane comment. Jeter is in the business of winning baseball games. He doesn't get involved in crap with the fans.

Mattingly was the captain. They booed him. What did he do? He played baseball.

I don't boo at the stadium. But people pay money and they can do whatever they want.

Sorry disagree totally with that.

Jeter opens his mouth in this situation you can be guaranteed that not only Yankees fans but MLB fans will see this as Jeter fighting A-Rod's battles and would probably seal his fate in New York. Jeter didn't open his mouth up when Giambi struggled last year so I don't expect it done now.

A-Rod has to work through this himself and realize that he is not perfect. His numbers are not bad but you can see that he is taking alot of his problems out in the field and it is not only affecting his hitting but his fielding as well.

A-Rod as lost his swagger simply put. You see glimpses of it but then he falls back into the same rut the next time he fails. Just forget about it and play the game.

If that is the Yankee way, then we should probably change the name of the "Jeter=Class" thread. Just because Yanks fans show no class by booing regardless of what A-Rod does, doesn't mean that jeter has to stay silent. Look, part of being a captain involves displaying leadership. Which also means standing up for your teammates. A-Rod's supposed "bad season" is still currently better than 70% of what the league is doing, just not up to par with yankees fans overzealous standards for him. By the end of his career, this guy is most likely going to break the all-time home run record and could make a run at Rose's hits record. He has more than 50 more home runs than Aaron did at the same age and more hits than Rose did at teh same age. yet he goes throw a couple weeks of a rut, and Yankee fans act like he's Steve Balboni. You can argue whatever you want about him playing up to his contract, but your not paying him $25 million. Texas is still paying up to 10 million of that, so teh Yanks are only paying him about 15 mil a season, which to my knowledge is no more than what Jeter makes.

All this booing of A-Rod doesn't surprise me the least. Yanks fans have chided him as being "not a true yankee", which is funny, because Roger Maris used to get the same s*** when he played It was "Maris isn't a true Yankee, Mantle is" then much like "A-Rod isn't a true yankee, Jeter is" is now. nevermind the fact that Maris set teh all-time HR record and won two straight AL MVPs.

Mav,

It is all about perception. The fans perception of ARod maybe wrong.

But Jeter gets paid to lead the team. Not the fans. He has done the right thing. If he gets involved he is going to make a bad situation worse.

If that is the Yankee way, then we should probably change the name of the "Jeter=Class" thread. Just because Yanks fans show no class by booing regardless of what A-Rod does, doesn't mean that jeter has to stay silent. Look, part of being a captain involves displaying leadership. Which also means standing up for your teammates. A-Rod's supposed "bad season" is still currently better than 70% of what the league is doing, just not up to par with yankees fans overzealous standards for him. By the end of his career, this guy is most likely going to break the all-time home run record and could make a run at Rose's hits record. He has more than 50 more home runs than Aaron did at the same age and more hits than Rose did at teh same age. yet he goes throw a couple weeks of a rut, and Yankee fans act like he's Steve Balboni. You can argue whatever you want about him playing up to his contract, but your not paying him $25 million. Texas is still paying up to 10 million of that, so teh Yanks are only paying him about 15 mil a season, which to my knowledge is no more than what Jeter makes.

All this booing of A-Rod doesn't surprise me the least. Yanks fans have chided him as being "not a true yankee", which is funny, because Roger Maris used to get the same s*** when he played It was "Maris isn't a true Yankee, Mantle is" then much like "A-Rod isn't a true yankee, Jeter is" is now. nevermind the fact that Maris set teh all-time HR record and won two straight AL MVPs.

And Mantle got booed for years because he wasn't Dimaggio. Only when Maris and Mantle chased Ruth in 61 did Mantle become the "people's choice".

My heart would love for Jeter or anyone for that matter to step up and say something. Reality tells me that if someone did that it would just worsen the situation.

And Mantle got booed for years because he wasn't Dimaggio. Only when Maris and Mantle chased Ruth in 61 did Mantle become the "people's choice".

My heart would love for Jeter or anyone for that matter to step up and say something. Reality tells me that if someone did that it would just worsen the situation.

I'm pretty sure Mantle shook off the boo's the year he won the triple crown in fitty six. i wasn't there or anything but thats what my grandfather told me. thats the year he won them over for good.

I'm pretty sure Mantle shook off the boo's the year he won the triple crown in fitty six. i wasn't there or anything but thats what my grandfather told me. thats the year he won them over for good.

Here is a piece on Mantle's career. Looks like alot of the hate for Mickey was media generated which didn't start changing until 1960.

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/ballplayers/M/Mantle_Mickey.stm

Mickey Mantle was a baseball star of the highest magnitude. When Detroit great Al Kaline was taunted by a youngster who said, "You're not half as good as Mickey Mantle," he replied, "Son, nobody is half as good as Mickey Mantle."

Mantle was a multi-talented offensive threat. He drove in runs with enormous power from either side of the plate. He got on base by hitting well for average and drawing more than 100 walks in each of 10 seasons. And he scored runs with his excellent speed, stealing as many as 21 bases in a season (1959). Overall, he scored more runs than he drove in (1,677 to 1,509), a rarity among power hitters.

Mantle, out of Commerce, Oklahoma, arrived in New York in a whirl of unbridled expectations. He made headlines with great play at an "instructional school" the Yankees conducted in 1951 and then in spring training, which included a highly publicized barnstorming tour of the West Coast. Only 19, Mantle was hot, but he fizzled in New York. The Yankees sent him to their top farm club at Kansas City, but he continued to struggle until his father, Mutt Mantle, came for a visit. After the brief family reunion, Mantle lifted his average to .361 and, in only 166 at-bats, hit 11 homers with 50 RBI. He returned to New York and played alongside the soon-to-retire Joe DiMaggio, and ended up with a respectable (.267,13 HR, 65 RBI) rookie season.

When DiMaggio retired Mantle took over in centerfield, and he played the position from 1952 to 1966. To reduce his outfield running when his injuries - which were many - were severe, he would occasionally play in left or right field. In 1967-68, his final seasons, he played first base to ease the burden on his aching legs.

Mantle and Yogi Berra were the Yankees' twin engines in Mantle's early years (1951-55). The centerfielder and catcher each hit 25 homers per season and together produced from 150 to 225 RBI. Then, in 1956, Mantle emerged as a superstar, the greatest switch-hitter in the history of baseball and one of its biggest drawing cards. He hit .353 that year with 52 home runs and 130 RBI to win the Triple Crown. It was the first of three straight years that he led the league in runs scored (132). He received numerous awards for his accomplishments, including the Hickock Belt as the top professional athlete of the year. Mantle capped the year with three homers in the World Series, one in Don Larsen's perfect game, in which he also made a saving defensive play.

Even though he was not quite 5'11", Mantle hit some tremendous home runs. He reached the gothic wrought-iron facade that hung from the old stadium's roof five times. In addition to his widely remembered shots of May 30, 1956, when only the top 18 inches of the right-field facade kept the ball in the park, and May 22, 1963, when the ball was still rising when it hit the facade a few feet from the top, Mantle struck the same right-field facade on August 7, 1955, against Detroit; on May 5, 1956, against Kansas City; and on June 23, 1957, against the White Sox.

Born to be a ballplayer (he was named after the great catcher Mickey Cochrane), Mantle was the first power-hitting switch-hitter. He also hit for average, peaking at .365 in 1957. He was always a better hitter from the right side, but was capable enough from the left to hit 373 of his 536 career homers. He also used a drag bunt from the left side that made it nearly impossible to throw him out, and he was once clocked at 3.1 seconds from home to first base.

When slugging outfielder Roger Maris joined the Yankees, he and Mickey became known as the "M&M Boys." The two got into a friendly home run duel in 1961, which culminated in Maris breaking Babe Ruth's 60-homer record by one. Mantle had 54, but again, as happened frequently in his career, physical problems hampered him. In the final month of the 1961 campaign he pulled an arm muscle, contracted a virus infection and developed an abscess inside his hip.

During the first years of his career, Mantle was treated harshly by the fans and press in New York, but in 1960, thanks in part to the press, a different perception of him emerged. He was suddenly seen as someone who played through pain and played to win. Already popular with his teammates, he became enormously popular with the fans.

Mantle's drawing power was due to his hitting, but when he was healthy he was also an excellent defensive outfielder. He was lightning-fast, with a strong and accurate arm.

Mantle played on 12 pennant winners and seven World Championship clubs. He holds World Series records for home runs (18), RBI (40), runs (42), walks (43), extra-base hits (26), and total bases (123). In his final World Series in 1964 he had three homers and eight RBI and batted .333.

He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1974 in his first year of eligibility.

Archived