NFL gives us another reason not to watch SB halftime show

Mavrik

I don't mind Prince at all, can't be worse than the emaciated crackheads they had last year.

OK, since no one seems to love the Prince idea who would you guys like to see as the SB halftime show?

If I had to choose I think I'd choose Billy Joel. A close 2nd would be Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Are all the people bitching about Prince and the Stones the same ones that were thrilled to see Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and Janet Jackson?

I'm very happy with the direction they're moving with the Super Bowl halftime show. McCartney, the Rolling Stones, and Prince are all legendary performers, not some manufactured puppets.

Are all the people bitching about Prince and the Stones the same ones that were thrilled to see Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and Janet Jackson?

I'm very happy with the direction they're moving with the Super Bowl halftime show. McCartney, the Rolling Stones, and Prince are all legendary performers, not some manufactured puppets.

agreed.

Enough with these androgenous performers. First Jagger now Prince. Who will it be next year? RuPaul? Metrosexuals don't watch football. Why can't they have a Monster Truck show for half time entertainment? I know, I know I am an insensitive barbarian. But aren't all football fans?

Sorry but The Stones were just awful last year. Pass on the dino bands.

Sorry but The Stones were just awful last year. Pass on the dino bands.

I agree. The only halftime show I have watched from start to finish in the last 10 years was U2 for SB36. They were excellent.

I'm a Prince fan so I will most probably watch this years show.

Ditto.

Princey boy can bite the pipe, and probably does, however I saw his lead guitar player and Lonnie Brooks do about 40 minutes of Superstition at a local blues club this past winter - and that boy can wail on the Strat but good. I'm sure TAFKA will use the opportunity to do some thing weird, or uh Artistic.

U2 was decent, moreso probably because they performed after at the SB after 9/11 and it had more meaning. I thinkt hey had that giant list of all the people who died in the towers behind them as they were playing.

Archived