Tigers continue mastery of division foes

JetNation

His point is well taken though. Tigers cleaned up here, and now are up by 7.5 or so. Looks like next weeks series with the Twins will really mean something now.

This series starting against the Twins tomorrow is goign to be huge. This isn't the same Twins team that the Tigers outscored 30-3 in a series a few months ago. Should be tough and definitely a huge test for the Tigers. I would like to at least take two of 3 and build a 9.5 game lead over them after the series is over. They are 8.5 back at the moment, but could easily close the gap by Monday. They also play again in a few weeks.

I'm no longer afraid of the White Sox catching up. I'm afraid of the Twinkies catching up. They are playing like a team possessed.

This Jetnation fellow is some kind of Tigers homer isn't he?

This is the truth...

JetNation is an automated account that goes out and picks up RSS Feeds. If he picked up every story it would flood the forum. Instead I limited it to these keywords: Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Tigers (sorry Cubbie fans). Anyhow I had to take out Red Sox because it was flooding us with Reds articles.

For some reason it seems to be ignoring the Mets and Yankee stuff and getting Tigers stories only. Weird but I will look into it.

This is the truth...

JetNation is an automated account that goes out and picks up RSS Feeds. If he picked up every story it would flood the forum. Instead I limited it to these keywords: Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Tigers (sorry Cubbie fans). Anyhow I had to take out Red Sox because it was flooding us with Reds articles.

For some reason it seems to be ignoring the Mets and Yankee stuff and getting Tigers stories only. Weird but I will look into it.

Is he related to slurp? Just ask him for help.

This series starting against the Twins tomorrow is goign to be huge. This isn't the same Twins team that the Tigers outscored 30-3 in a series a few months ago. Should be tough and definitely a huge test for the Tigers. I would like to at least take two of 3 and build a 9.5 game lead over them after the series is over. They are 8.5 back at the moment, but could easily close the gap by Monday. They also play again in a few weeks.

I'm no longer afraid of the White Sox catching up. I'm afraid of the Twinkies catching up. They are playing like a team possessed.

I thought the Tigers were going to fade after the All-Star break. I was WRONG! Good for the Tigers.

The only reservation I have about them is how they are going to handle the pressure of playing at Fenway and Yankee Stadium in August.

The Sox and Yanks are going to be in a dogfight for the AL East at that point.

Can the young Tigers handle the pressure of playing at Boston and NY in a pennant race?

I thought the Tigers were going to fade after the All-Star break. I was WRONG! Good for the Tigers.

The only reservation I have about them is how they are going to handle the pressure of playing at Fenway and Yankee Stadium in August.

The Sox and Yanks are going to be in a dogfight for the AL East at that point.

Can the young Tigers handle the pressure of playing at Boston and NY in a pennant race?

Gainzo good question which is why last week's series against the White Sox (and now apparently tomorrow's against the Twinkies) is so important. The Tigers really needed that CWS series win to prove something to themselves and although it is Yankee Stadium or Fenway, they are the best team on the road. Part of that is great clubhouse chemistry, clubhouse leadership and managing. The youth could get a little intimidated late in the year, who knows, but honestly I think they'll be fine.

Archived