Porter skips workout day after trade demand

TaborJet

Porter skips workout day after trade demand

NAPA, Calif. - The Art Shell era has just begun and Jerry Porter is already having problems with his new coach.

A day after publicly demanding a trade, Porter sat out practice Wednesday with a calf injury. While other injured players such as Ronald Curry were on the field with their teammates for part of practice, Porter was nowhere to be seen during workouts.

Porter declined to talk to reporters Wednesday, but Shell said the trade request was a

What a jerk! Maybe he should wait until he's had at least one 1000yard season, or scored something like 10td's, before getting all full of himself.:Cuss:

He's been an underachiever since he came into the league, and should thank his lucky star he still has a job.

If I ran a NFL franchise, I wouldn't go near that guy.

What a jerk! Maybe he should wait until he's had at least one 1000yard season, or scored something like 10td's, before getting all full of himself.:Cuss:

He's been an underachiever since he came into the league, and should thank his lucky star he still has a job.

If I ran a NFL franchise, I wouldn't go near that guy.

He had 9 td's twice already in his career. Not bad considering he spent a few years playing 3rd fiddle to Rice and Tim Brown.

Porter and Coles would make one nice tandem.....

How in the hell could this guy not want to play next to Moss...he gives you alot more space to run and make plays... poor baby does not want to work too hard... sit him on the bench...the Raiders have plenty of talent like Doug Gabriel and Curry to take his spot.

A few years ago I watched Porter play. I really thought he was going to emerge as a legit # 1. A top 10, maybe top 5 NFL receiver. He seems to do everything well.

Yet it has never happened for him. He has had some great games. But due to injuries and whatever else is going on in his head, he never put together that breakout season.

A few years ago I watched Porter play. I really thought he was going to emerge as a legit # 1. A top 10, maybe top 5 NFL receiver. He seems to do everything well.

Yet it has never happened for him. He has had some great games. But due to injuries and whatever else is going on in his head, he never put together that breakout season.

True, but in fairness to Porter when he finally stepped into the starting line up Gannon was pretty much finished and he had to play with guys like Rick Mirer, Tuiaso-something, and Kerrible Collins.

Still 1940 yards and 14 TDs in a two year frame is nothing to sneeze at either.

True, but in fairness to Porter when he finally stepped into the starting line up Gannon was pretty much finished and he had to play with guys like Rick Mirer, Tuiaso-something, and Kerrible Collins.

Still 1940 yards and 14 TDs in a two year frame is nothing to sneeze at either.

I would have no problem if Porter was the Jets # 2 receiver. Hell I would even throw in JMAC in return, lol.

I am not saying it will never happen for this guy. Just kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet. But such is life in RaiderNation I guess.

He had 9 td's twice already in his career. Not bad considering he spent a few years playing 3rd fiddle to Rice and Tim Brown.

Porter and Coles would make one nice tandem.....

Yes, I know...he's got nine twice (only 5 last year, though) but I have a difficult time being impressed by ony WR who's been in the league as long as him and never gotten double digits in td's.

Not saying he's a bad player, but he's not good enough to start raising demands like this.

Not after signing a long contract and taking a lot of cash. Not after all the chances he's been given by that team. Not after getting a top class reciever to take the preassure off him.

If he hadn't started this crap, I would have liked him with the Jets instead of JMC...but now I have to question his mentality. And I'm pretty sure Mangini doesn't want him now. Porter needs to grow the heck up:baby:

Yes, I know...he's got nine twice (only 5 last year, though) but I have a difficult time being impressed by ony WR who's been in the league as long as him and never gotten double digits in td's.

Not saying he's a bad player, but he's not good enough to start raising demands like this.

Not after signing a long contract and taking a lot of cash. Not after all the chances he's been given by that team. Not after getting a top class reciever to take the preassure off him.

If he hadn't started this crap, I would have liked him with the Jets instead of JMC...but now I have to question his mentality. And I'm pretty sure Mangini doesn't want him now. Porter needs to grow the heck up:baby:

He already signed a long term deal now wants more moeny? Didnt know that. What a jerk.

Coles had 7 way back in 2001. He's never equalled that amount since. I still think he's pretty good. He certainly makes more $ than Porter.

Archived