Rivera doesn't pitch well against good teams anymore

Matt39

The game was over. Mo blew it again.

Hard to believe. Takes some of the pain off Loopers performance.

Rivera could retire immediately after this game and be a shoe-in for 1st ballet Hall of Fame

Looper could retire immediately and be pumping my gas by Saturday

Rivera could retire immediately after this game and be a shoe-in for 1st ballet Hall of Fame

Looper could retire immediately and be pumping my gas by Saturday

No argument there trust me, Mo was my first rd pick in one of my leagues. He is the best I have ever seen.

Nowhere did I compare the two.

No argument there trust me, Mo was my first rd pick in one of my leagues. He is the best I have ever seen.

Nowhere did I compare the two.

alrighty then

I just make sure I can do whatever to keep the Mo-bashing on this forum to a minimum [-X

(Although its going to be a really hard thing to do after these last 2 games)

If that dewbag Arod makes a ROUTINE PLAY we are talking about Mariano working his way out of a bases loaded/no outs jam verses the meat of the Red Sox order ... so lets put things in perspective

A-rod again shows he is not ready for primetime.

As far as Mo goes, he is still a heck of a relief pitcher against everybody except the Sox. For some reason, the Sox just know him too well. Its as if he is tiping his pitches to them. Mo is not 100% anymore but the 90% he is, is still tough to beat!

As for a-rod, sorry but, the guy is a ME player and he does not fit well on the yanks. He may go on to hit a lot...but you wanna see what he does in critical spots and in clutch situations. No one has ever called a-rod "Mr. Clutch".

Any word on how Jeter is doing?

LL

Mo' will be back, Arod did bobble that groundball but Rivera loaded the bases, you can't put all the blame on A-Rod. I mean did anyone see that shot into the black ?(something like 24th person to do that and he's done it TWICE! once with Mariners in 96')Yanks wouldn't of been in the lead without that in the first place so it's not fair to blame him there. Mo' has struggled, I know he will snap back, all the greats do. It will be a TRUE test, because Mo' rarely has to rethink his approach. It's clear that the Boston hiters are keying into his cutter that either jumps in or away. Mo' needs to fine tune that puppy and possibly throw some chin music to back those hitters off the plate so his pitches can get the movement they deserve. I wouldn't be obliged to him throwing another pitch into his repotoire such as a slider or a change up to keep teams that see him a lot such as the Red Sox guessing. It almost looked as if they know where the ball will end up and even though it's firing at 90 mph they swing where it will cut. He worked the the inside cuter yesterday and the outside today in both cases he failed. He's gotta dip into Mel Stotelmyeres bag of tricks for the next series.

Archived