The Abreu trade kind of reminds me of a deal from a few years back

Matt39

The David Justice deal. A lefty considered to be on the down side of his career that makes good putting on the Yankee uniform.

Hopefully Abreu will turn out well. I think he can, especially with the short porch in right.

The David Justice deal. A lefty considered to be on the down side of his career that makes good putting on the Yankee uniform.

Hopefully Abreu will turn out well. I think he can, especially with the short porch in right.

To be honest, I'm hoping the best part of this deal is Lidle.

Dude, Abreu has a .861 OPS. Lidles OPS is only .286! Horrible.

Abreu > Lidle

Dude, I'm just stating that I hope Lidle turns out to be the better player...if Abreu is everything we hope he will be, then the Lidle deal could be even sweeter.

JFF has a point.

Lidle will fill a need on this team. He is going to be the 5th starter and if he pitches like he has this year, he will give them a shot to win evertime he goes out there.

Cory will be #4 or #5 in the rotation. But he does not walk folks, and gets a bunch of grounders. If he pitches like this in the AL, and can give 6-7 innings of 3 runs or less, the Yankees will be thrilled. Not happy, but thrilled.:cheers:

Archived